Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let me be Clear

Started by WilsonHog, January 26, 2015, 01:52:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Jump Ball has become almost unreadable the last two or three days.

This behavior - from both sides - is going to stop. If y'all won't make it stop, police yourselves, I promise you that I can and will.

You sound like a bunch of junior high girls.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 26, 2015, 01:52:22 pm

This behavior - from both sides - is going to stop. If y'all won't make it stop, police yourselves, I promise you that I can and will.

I've got the "straw" on ignore and don't read any responses to it.

I didn't even know there was still a problem.  Been a peaceful couple of days.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

mhuff

;)
Quote from: WilsonHog on January 26, 2015, 01:52:22 pm

Way to go Wilson...... Hey the last time I told an individual that I got 430 smites. It is really bothering me. I may never post again... ;)...... until next time. But seriously Wilson.... I have policed more than once and I think those that ride for the brand should help police things that get out of sorts. I enjoy this board for the info and friends I've made. You have to be a sadist to enjoy the hater comments etc.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 26, 2015, 01:55:24 pm
I've got the "straw" on ignore and don't read any responses to it.

I didn't even know there was still a problem.  Been a peaceful couple of days.

^^^^^
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Thepigdoctor

The last 2-3 days? Sheesh Wilson, where were you after the back to back losses last week???  ;)

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 26, 2015, 04:08:26 pm
The last 2-3 days? Sheesh Wilson, where were you after the back to back losses last week???  ;)

+1 LOL!

Razorbacks#1

Wilson, if you don't mind I am going to sticky this for a few days.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

3of5-2

C'mon man, it ain't that bad. It's actually been fun win or lose, but especially after a win.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: mhuff on January 26, 2015, 03:46:56 pm
;)
Way to go Wilson...... Hey the last time I told an individual that I got 430 smites. It is really bothering me. I may never post again... ;)...... until next time. But seriously Wilson.... I have policed more than once and I think those that ride for the brand should help police things that get out of sorts. I enjoy this board for the info and friends I've made. You have to be a sadist to enjoy the hater comments etc.

I've got some applauds I'll let you have.  I don't use them.

Breems

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 26, 2015, 05:12:32 pm

+1
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mhuff

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 26, 2015, 05:12:32 pm

Hey thanks..... I use the applauds a lot more......  Everytime I quote someone or especially like what they've said. I rarely use a negative karma. If I don't like a comment, I simply tell you online or face to face. I just don't like what you've said. I don't even smite FCJ even though I get to see what he has said by quotes and others comments. They should eliminate karma. People are affecting their own karma and not bright enough to know it.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: mhuff on January 26, 2015, 06:03:02 pm
Hey thanks..... I use the applauds a lot more......  Everytime I quote someone or especially like what they've said. I rarely use a negative karma. If I don't like a comment, I simply tell you online or face to face. I just don't like what you've said. I don't even smite FCJ even though I get to see what he has said by quotes and others comments. They should eliminate karma. People are affecting their own karma and not bright enough to know it.

Wrong Answer Karma is the Most Brilliant part of hogville

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Trying to read between the lines.  Maybe at some point everyone will quit speaking in code and I will know what has happpened.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: OTR on January 26, 2015, 09:08:41 pm
Trying to read between the lines.  Maybe at some point everyone will quit speaking in code and I will know what has happpened.

From what I understand, FCJ is going on a hiatus after CMA accused him of being a hater, following the delivery of a scathing letter regarding his refusal to address the cheating BS refs. Strangely enough, the letter smelled of scotch and left doubt in the minds of many who support FCJ's contention that it was a biased announcer who set him up. To me, the scotch gave it away, but my lips are sealed.

Porkem

I think Wilson's comparison of Jump Ball posters to "junior high girls" is unfair to junior high girls.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Someone needs to step up.  Of course that's a little like replacing elvis....lots of imitators but no one even close to filling his shoes.

WilsonHog

I'll say this. I've talked to FCJ pretty strongly; but, to be fair, y'all perpetuate a whole lot of it by your own response.

One of our posters has entertained himself greatly by purposely saying stuff that would just irritate hell out of people, and they KNEW it...but could not keep themselves from responding anyway. It was like he was handing them a hammer and telling them to bash themselves in the face with it, and their only response was, "okay."

Message board behavior amazes me sometimes.

HSVhogfan2

I have never understood why folks get so bent out of shape over what is posted on a message board. Just like sports, it is only entertainment. I'm assuming that most on here who post are too old to play, but some take it more serious than the players do. Some of the dumbest posts, are to me, some of the most entertaining.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Atlhogfan1

I don't understand responding to FCJ other than some enjoy his responses and like to keep it going as a result.

Part of the issue is the stated goal of some posters to "call out" or "stomp" other posters with whom they disagree or believe to have posted something wrong, dumb, stupid, etc.

This board also has what seems like a very unique view of what a game thread is compared to the many other sites I have seen inside and outside of our fan base.  It is very weird to be so sensitive as well as have a desire to keep it to PBP and score.  But Hogville is what it is or what it has become.  Have to live with it.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 27, 2015, 12:52:56 pm
I don't understand responding to FCJ other than some enjoy his responses and like to keep it going as a result.

Part of the issue is the stated goal of some posters to "call out" or "stomp" other posters with whom they disagree or believe to have posted something wrong, dumb, stupid, etc.

This board also has what seems like a very unique view of what a game thread is compared to the many other sites I have seen inside and outside of our fan base.  It is very weird to be so sensitive as well as have a desire to keep it to PBP and score.  But Hogville is what it is or what it has become.  Have to live with it.   

He lost me when he went " Gundy" on somebodies post.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 27, 2015, 12:33:49 pm
I'll say this. I've talked to FCJ pretty strongly; but, to be fair, y'all perpetuate a whole lot of it by your own response.

One of our posters has entertained himself greatly by purposely saying stuff that would just irritate hell out of people, and they KNEW it...but could not keep themselves from responding anyway. It was like he was handing them a hammer and telling them to bash themselves in the face with it, and their only response was, "okay."

You are right Wilson. Here is the problem and let me preface by saying I have nothing against CMA so this doesn't come from a biased perspective, I'm just a Hog fan.

Arkansas fans as a whole, due to the fiasco's we've had with head coaches in the past 20 years, have become excessively defensive of who they deem to be best for the program. All programs have this to some extent, but with what happened between Nolan, Nutt, Gus, Heath, Pelphrey, and now Anderson, the fan base continues to allow itself to be divided. No longer can we just come on here to discuss the game. We have to be labeled a hugger, sunshine pumper, or hater. It's gotten really old and what some of you don't realize, is for us out of state fans, this is our only chance to talk about the Hogs with people who actually give a darn.

FCJ has taken is position to far and just feeds off the cheating ref, biased announcer, anti-MA crowd any chance he can. It's the same after a loss when so many of you start bashing the team, coaches, players, and calling for heads to roll.

It's sad that we can't have anything resembling logical discussions over what is taking place on the court anymore, because people have hitche'd their wagons to one side or the other. I actually spent some time earlier today going back in the years to look at jump ball and this is all just history repeating itself. Good basketball discussion has given way to why our coach sucks or doesn't.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 27, 2015, 12:33:49 pm

That might have been a little overdue but who am I to say?

rusvegashog

It's like playing cards w your sisters kids or something. Bunch of nerve wracking so and so's.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I'll say right now I see definite improvement.

PonderinHog

Quote from: OTR on January 27, 2015, 07:28:38 pm
I'll say right now I see definite improvement.
Nobody asked you!   >:(  Where's Bolo?

hogpc

Quote from: rusvegashog on January 27, 2015, 04:09:47 pm
It's like playing cards w your sisters kids or something. Bunch of nerve wracking so and so's.

Love that movie!!

WilsonHog

Obviously I wasn't clear enough for some of you.

During your vacation, might want to hone up on those reading comprehension skills.

I pretty much always do what I say I'm going to.

Porked Tongue

Overtheroadtruckdriver

At least one person got the picture the first time in my opinion.  I saw a different altitude. 

troyer37

I just don't see why FCJ can call people names. Disagree with anybody and everybody just because they have a different oppinion than his own. Yet he is still allowed to post on these boards over and over. He is always looking for an argument. Do the mods not see a trend going on here?

Großer Kriegschwein

January 28, 2015, 07:57:57 am #30 Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:09:37 am by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: troyer37 on January 28, 2015, 07:42:55 am
I just don't see why FCJ can call people names. Disagree with anybody and everybody just because they have a different oppinion than his own. Yet he is still allowed to post on these boards over and over. He is always looking for an argument. Do the mods not see a trend going on here?

***I'll caveat what follows by saying I don't know what Wilson and others have said to people "behind closed doors."

Some people are just toxic and go out of their way to irritate people to the point of getting themselves kicked off or converting others to their warped way of thinking. Mods typically police this pretty well, as long as you remain dignified with your responses, the offenders will be gone eventually after they step over the line, and they always do.

FCJ has made a name for himself by calling in to radio shows, posting on numerous message boards and generally taking the "far right" conspiracy position and if you don't agree with me your stupid. He takes himself way too seriously but it makes for good entertainment.
This is my non-signature signature.

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 26, 2015, 06:46:16 pm
Wrong Answer Karma is the Most Brilliant part of hogville
Thank you.  I agree.

code red

Pleazzzzzze.......it is what it is...growing pains.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Razorbacks#1

I am going to unsticky this. Please be civil and abide by the rules of the board. GO HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

BadHog

Let's all play nicely in the sandbox tonight! We are all on the same side.

(I think.... ;))
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

intelligence

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 03, 2015, 07:26:56 pm
I am going to unsticky this. Please be civil and abide by the rules of the board. GO HOGS!

With the way things are playing out, you might have to put it back.. I can see the frustration mounting in the game thread.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 03, 2015, 07:26:56 pm

I am okay with unstickying it.  I am confident Wilson will take the usual suspects to the woodshed if they need it again.  His work with one individual is worthy of a write up in psychology today. 

Kenny Dowell Loggains

This is the tamest I've seen jump ball in 5+ years.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: gguillo on February 03, 2015, 08:51:09 pm
This is the tamest I've seen jump ball in 5+ years.

Everbody's scared.  I know I am.  I been on my best behavior for quite a while now.  So has joe.  That's two troublemakers minding their own business for once right there.