Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hunting Land.

Started by 1highhog, December 29, 2007, 05:10:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Does anyone have any information on finding land to lease for hunting?  I would like to lease around 500 to 1000 acres.  I would like more but can't afford more than that unless I bring someone else in with me.

1highhog

I live close to Malvern, but would consider anyplace.  Clark County would be my first choice, but I'm not stuck on any area, I just want a place I can hunt and just go out and spend the day in the woods.

LSUFan

Call Deltic Timber, or one of the Timber Companies, they lease for $4/acre.

netteltonhog

If you are not a local landowner most timber companies wont give you the time of day.  I have been dealing with Deltic and Green Bay Packaging in north central Arkansas for years. 

tophawg19

it's not a problem here in south ark. also check with land management companies .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

pigfeet

Good thread....I've been wondering the same thing.

1highhog

Thanks, I'll try Deltic.  I've never heard of them, but I'm willing to give anything a shot.  I also have found another company, called Anthony Timber.  I'm going to call them.  Anyone know of anymore I can contact?

DEWURM

I got my lease from Green Bay. The worst part was the gates.They do offer help with these if you don't have a way to do them yourself but it is not cheap.

IronHog

December 30, 2007, 04:34:44 pm #8 Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 04:39:49 pm by IronHog
Quote from: 1highhog on December 30, 2007, 01:01:41 pm
Thanks, I'll try Deltic.  I've never heard of them, but I'm willing to give anything a shot.  I also have found another company, called Anthony Timber.  I'm going to call them.  Anyone know of anymore I can contact?

You've heard of Deltic.  It was just spelled Chenal Valley.

These can be found on the net:

Potlatch
Weyerhouser(sp?)
Plum Creek
Georgia Pacific
Davis Forestry
Kingwood
RMS
Multiple insurance, individual land owners, and smaller land management companies operating within the state.

I would venture there are very few continuos tracts under 200 acres with decent access available.   Current lease rates are about 2-4.5$ per acre depending on variables.  If you are wanting to spend $3000 dollars a year on your deer lease there are bound to be some good clubs you could join.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

1highhog

I appreciate everyones help and info., I have looked up contact info on plum creek, Davis Forestry, Potlatch, and GP.  I'll be contacting them this week.  IronHog, I also found out you can go to the county Court house and print up a map of all land owners in the general area of where someone wants to hunt and call them up to see if they are willing to let someone lease land through them.  Just thought someone else may want to know this.

deltahogfan

Hey, don't forget Anderson-Tully. They only charge about 15.00 per acre. ::)
Those who get there first with the most.

1highhog

Don't think I'll be calling Anderson-Tully then.

deltahogfan

Quote from: 1highhog on December 31, 2007, 04:29:31 pm
Don't think I'll be calling Anderson-Tully then.
Don't be so quick on the trigger. Not only will you pay out the nose, they will tell you what you can shoot and can not shoot. Also should mention that there timber policy is, " Never leave a tree uncut". Pretty similar to hunting pine cut-over without the pines.
Those who get there first with the most.

1highhog

No luck so far finding any land, I figured there would be some in small sections at least.

IronHog

Quote from: 1highhog on January 01, 2008, 03:42:03 pm
No luck so far finding any land, I figured there would be some in small sections at least.

You might consider looking  for an established club to join that fits "your style." 

Hunting land is in HIGH demand in south arkansas and most land owners have no trouble leasing land if that fits their plans. 
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jep_hog_fan

Been trying to locate some lease land myself. Thanks.

Cresthog

140 acres for sale outside of Turrel, Arkansas. It seems to be a nice plot. Its neighbors the world famous Brandywine Island and Wompanacca. Should be lots of ducks, turkey, and deer on that little bit of acreage.

FWF79

Whats the goin rate per acre for lease land?

LSUFan

Quote from: Cresthog on January 07, 2008, 06:49:43 pm
140 acres for sale outside of Turrel, Arkansas. It seems to be a nice plot. Its neighbors the world famous Brandywine Island and Wompanacca. Should be lots of ducks, turkey, and deer on that little bit of acreage.
$?

LSUFan