Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tax Reform could remove deduction for priority seating

Started by hog.goblin, November 22, 2017, 02:57:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog.goblin

https://www.accountingtoday.com/articles/your-college-football-team-is-very-worried-about-gop-tax-reform

Let's see just how powerful the lobbyists are at getting this removed from the Senate version.  That's huge dollars and I guarantee there are people and organizations who not buy tickets (or buy fewer tickets), if the charitable donation is removed from priority seat pricing.  Now, many businesses can continue "as is" because the whole cost might be considered entertainment.

ricepig

Yep, not every Representative has a university that this is a concern over, but every Senator will. I suspect it will survive, maybe with a lower rate.

hog.goblin

They are also considering a 1.4% tax on investment income by endowments.  That could be a big deal for the Ivy League schools and a few others.

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 22, 2017, 06:21:50 pm
They are also considering a 1.4% tax on investment income by endowments.  That could be a big deal for the Ivy League schools and a few others.

They've got to pay for my tax cut and removal of the inheritance tax somehow....

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2017, 10:15:07 am
They've got to pay for my tax cut and removal of the inheritance tax somehow....

More truth there than most know