Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gooden Decommits

Started by HardingHog, November 02, 2017, 03:04:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

FWIW, I know what's being reported, but as of now I'm still counting Emmit as a commitment until I hear otherwise.

presidenthog

Who would have guessed the guy who keeps talking about decommiting would follow through with it. We had so many here telling everyone to stop talking about it. Nope he gone.

outlawhogeywells

I know the tweet where he said he had to cut us loose has been deleted

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HardingHog on November 02, 2017, 03:04:04 pm
www.seccountry.com/arkansas/2018-dl-emmit-gooden-no-longer-committed-arkansas/amp
Well I wish the young man well. However, according to the article he became upset when the Hogs offered another DL. Hum....perhaps, if as the link indicted he was unhappy at our playing a 3-4 defense, the coaches felt that rather than continue counting on a kid who has indicated some uncertainty they needed to try to cover their bases with another player. Under the circumstances I can't say I necessarily blame them. Besides, over the past month or so I've gotten the distinct impression that this was an (official) decommit just waiting to happen.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 02, 2017, 03:26:26 pm
I know the tweet where he said he had to cut us loose has been deleted
Isn't this a repeat of what he supposedly done a few weeks back only to deny the fact ??? ::)

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 02, 2017, 03:27:54 pm
Well I wish the young man well. However, according to the article he became upset when the Hogs offered another DL. Hum....perhaps, if as the link indicted he was unhappy at our playing a 3-4 defense, the coaches felt that rather than continue counting on a kid who has indicated some uncertainty they needed to try to cover their bases with another player. Under the circumstances I can't say I necessarily blame them. Besides, over the past month or so I've gotten the distinct impression that this was an (official) decommit just waiting to happen.

So, not that he's in the bag, but the guy we offered was a top 100 recruit and started every game as a freshman for USC. Oh, and his brother was a grad transfer here.

outlawhogeywells

I say we need both of them.  We need more depth at DT

Muskliketusk

This just a bunch a fake news. He ain't going nowhere. Y'all don't need to be believing lies.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Pig in the Pokey

all the poor lil ole arinsaw guys will lap up this fake news like milk.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

zebradynasty

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 02, 2017, 03:32:09 pm
I say we need both of them.  We need more depth at DT

The story sounds crazy why would offering another DT send him in a tailspin? Has he seen our defense? We/He needs all the help he can get! Also he knew Arkansas was going to run a 3-4 when he committed in June...something about this story doesn't sound right.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 02, 2017, 04:05:49 pm
all the poor lil ole arinsaw guys will lap up this fake news like milk.
Oh you mean, kinda like the unsubstantiated stuff going on about the supposed CBB improprieties? Hummmm

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

He says he's still committed, although I think those following his recruitment will be the one's committed, lol.

Muskliketusk

Still committed. Glad I ain't a simple one that's fooled by fake news.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

factchecker

Quote from: Muskliketusk on November 02, 2017, 05:30:16 pm
Still committed. Glad I ain't a simple one that's fooled by fake news.

It's not that they believe that he decommited - a lot of our fans want him to decommit.  They love negative news.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jjdlc

Yeah, the number of people here who keep insisting he isn't committed or will recommit even though he says otherwise is astonishing.

Letsroll1200

Just a observation, his Twitter page no longer has Arkansas commit.

factchecker

Quote from: jjdlc on November 02, 2017, 06:50:39 pm
Yeah, the number of people here who keep insisting he isn't committed or will recommit even though he says otherwise is astonishing.

They want him to decommit.  Negative news makes them happy.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 02, 2017, 06:52:44 pm
Just a observation, his Twitter page no longer has Arkansas commit.

He said it doesn't mean anything, lol.

Muskliketusk

It's just like them folks in the MMQB that seam mad when we win. Don't make no sense. They want bad things to happen.

Letsroll1200

searkhogfan

If a recruit keeps up with Hogville.  It'd be easy to see why he might decommit.  With all the Bitchin, Crybaby, Negative Nancy's.  That have evidently been Dumped a Whole Lot in their lives.  My Gawd. Woo Pig

Piggfoot

No nothing about Goodwin. Want him to pick the best school for him. Never get too excited about Early commits from out of state. Our history with those players is not too good.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

King Kong

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 03, 2017, 11:23:12 am
No nothing about Goodwin. Want him to pick the best school for him. Never get too excited about Early commits from out of state. Our history with those players is not too good.

We can tell your lack of excitement. You didn't even both learning his name. Lol

King Kong

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 17, 2017, 08:44:26 am
So is this dude on board or not? RD said he was still committed in his article today. Absolutely tired of the games this dude's been playing. Saying he's 100% committed but still sending vague tweets, having people 'hack' his account and tweet decommitted, removed Hog from profile. Understand because team has played welllll below par this year, and coaches are on way out, but Signing period isn't too far off.

He himself is probably tired of the games regarding who the coach will be.

Muskliketusk

He ain't going nowhere. Buncha chicken Little's. Oh no the sky is falling boo hoo.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on November 17, 2017, 08:44:26 am
So is this dude on board or not? RD said he was still committed in his article today. Absolutely tired of the games this dude's been playing. Saying he's 100% committed but still sending vague tweets, having people 'hack' his account and tweet decommitted, removed Hog from profile. Understand because team has played welllll below par this year, and coaches are on way out, but Signing period isn't too far off.

As shaky as the ground is in Fayetteville, ain't nobody 100% committed. That's just being real

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Muskliketusk on November 17, 2017, 10:06:09 am
He ain't going nowhere. Buncha chicken Little's. Oh no the sky is falling boo hoo.
they are the self-hatingest bunch anywhere
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Oklahawg

Gooden wants to play with Agim. Appears to have academic issues (the only thing that is standing in his way is him, it appears). Can't see the coaches having a BETTER option hiding out on their wish list in the office.

If there is any drama it is with UA fans and UA football. Let a 20-year old be a 20-year old.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 18, 2017, 08:08:05 pm
Gooden wants to play with Agim. Appears to have academic issues (the only thing that is standing in his way is him, it appears). Can't see the coaches having a BETTER option hiding out on their wish list in the office.

If there is any drama it is with UA fans and UA football. Let a 20-year old be a 20-year old.

He's a JUCO trying to come to UA.  Of course he has academic issues. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

The rush on JUCOs reeks of desperation
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on November 20, 2017, 07:44:10 pm
The rush on JUCOs reeks of desperation

Bama which is very established signed two JCs last year. Arkansas is rebuilding so it's not too unusual.

Arkansas has two JC commits right now. South Carolina three.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 20, 2017, 08:30:04 pm
Bama which is very established signed two JCs last year. Arkansas is rebuilding so it's not too unusual.

Arkansas has two JC commits right now. South Carolina three.

Always rebuilding.  But yes, a JUCO or 2 each year isn't unusual. 

Pig in the Pokey

Why does this thread still exist? Are we allowed to lie on recruits now?

870hogfan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 21, 2017, 04:46:40 pm

What do you mean lie to recruits?

southeasthog

Quote from: 870hogfan on November 21, 2017, 07:52:15 pm

What do you mean lie to recruits?

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 21, 2017, 04:46:40 pm

You see 870hogfan when you lie to recruits it is when coaches tell them a falsehood. When you lie on recruits as PitP stated in his post, fans are telling falsehoods about recruits.

I hope this clears up the whole to and on for you.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 08:39:26 am
Always rebuilding.  But yes, a JUCO or 2 each year isn't unusual. 

You're talking a NC caliber program year in and year out. Arkansas isn't that.

Whoever coaches the team next year will still be rebuilding. When you take over a program that had as many issues as Arkansas it's a longer rebuild.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 22, 2017, 12:07:05 pm
You're talking a NC caliber program year in and year out. Arkansas isn't that.

Whoever coaches the team next year will still be rebuilding. When you take over a program that had as many issues as Arkansas it's a longer rebuild.

Um, we're 1-6 in the SEC in year 5 of a rebuild.  Probably about to be 1-7.  That's not much of s rebuild or not much of a coaching effort.  But that's just me.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 22, 2017, 12:20:21 pm
Um, we're 1-6 in the SEC in year 5 of a rebuild.  Probably about to be 1-7.  That's not much of s rebuild or not much of a coaching effort.  But that's just me.

I'll have a column on this Friday. Maybe you'll agree or not. It's not pro or anti-Bielema. 

Hogtimes

Quote from: Pork Ranger on November 17, 2017, 12:19:42 pm
As shaky as the ground is in Fayetteville, ain't nobody 100% committed. That's just being real

Exactly.    Our  next coach may not even want him.   Can't blame Gooden for keeping his options open.

King Kong

Quote from: Hogtimes on November 23, 2017, 03:21:28 pm
Exactly.    Our  next coach may not even want him.   Can't blame Gooden for keeping his options open.

When the next coach looks at our Dline. He will want him

HogFoo

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 22, 2017, 11:14:44 pm
I'll have a column on this Friday. Maybe you'll agree or not. It's not pro or anti-Bielema.
Hey RD, are we not interested in Gooden anymore or what?   I know the kid wants to be a Hog.  i've tweeted with him a few times.  And just from his likes etc.. and what he's tweeting, he wants to be a Hog.  Are Coach Morris not interested in kids like Gooden or Hanspard anymore or what?  I think Coach Morris would easily be able to get these two if he just asked them.  Or is it the limited schollies and he wants his own guys in not the previous staff guys?  I'd think both of these guys would work well in whatever Dfense we use.  Just wondering.  I really think we'd miss out if we didnt get Gooden. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: HogFoo on December 11, 2017, 01:44:44 am
Hey RD, are we not interested in Gooden anymore or what?   I know the kid wants to be a Hog.  i've tweeted with him a few times.  And just from his likes etc.. and what he's tweeting, he wants to be a Hog.  Are Coach Morris not interested in kids like Gooden or Hanspard anymore or what?  I think Coach Morris would easily be able to get these two if he just asked them.  Or is it the limited schollies and he wants his own guys in not the previous staff guys?  I'd think both of these guys would work well in whatever Dfense we use.  Just wondering.  I really think we'd miss out if we didnt get Gooden. 

The new staff will be contacting Gooden this week. They will not be pursuing Hanspard

Hogtimes

Quote from: HogFoo on December 11, 2017, 01:44:44 am

You think Morris  could EASILY get these two if he just asked them?   Just curious...how do you know that, especially  Hanspard   

hogman78

I've read elsewhere Gooden is 100% Hog, and a mutual parting of ways with Hanspard.

jjdlc

Did Gooden ever actually decommit?  I see 247 lists him as such, but the last thing I saw from Richard was that he still considers him a commit.  The last round of "he decommitted" seems to have ended with him saying it was someone who got hold of his phone.  So... is he or isn't he?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 11, 2017, 06:52:51 am
The new staff will be contacting Gooden this week. They will not be pursuing Hanspard

What's the issue with Hanspard? Hurt feelings on his end, or other fit?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Deep Shoat

Golden hasn't recommitted.  Never did.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Oklahawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 11, 2017, 10:45:44 am
What's the issue with Hanspard? Hurt feelings on his end, or other fit?

Morris didn't offer Hanspard while at SMU. Not sure if you throw around offers to every top 100 Metro area player and hope you can get 15-20 total, but I think that is telling.

Bugs me that our commits or recently decommited recruits are not getting reached out to from the staff...if we are to believe twitter. Probably a back story in there somewhere.

Looks like a mutual parting of the ways. Might be that the DBs from TX (one at A&M, the other decommited from NU) are headed to UA.

And, Gooden still wants to come to UA and play alongside Agim. That is very clear. The issue is deeper than that. He graduates, I think, this week.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra