Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB Presser

Started by rzrbackramsfan, November 04, 2017, 07:23:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

carolinahogger

Quote from: JimDandy on November 04, 2017, 07:38:19 pm

-Didn't get any breaks, ball didn't bounce the right way, etc. etc.

No breaks at all, except maybe that recovered fumble inside the 5.  And maybe the 4th down conversion on the game-winning drive.

RebHog

We didn't go tompo at 3:36!

atom hog

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 04, 2017, 08:12:12 pm
This clown should be fired immediately. What a joke he is and an embarrassment to our program.
It's an insult to the memory of Bozo to call this idiot Yankee a clown!

Hawgphish

That glazed over look is due to double fisting krespy kremes.

Poker_hog

Quote from: carolinahogger on November 04, 2017, 08:16:11 pm
No breaks at all, except maybe that recovered fumble inside the 5.  And maybe the 4th down conversion on the game-winning drive.

And the fumble on the first drive. The biggest break of all is the other teams #1 qb going down. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Hogcore

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 04, 2017, 08:12:12 pm
This clown should be fired immediately. What a joke he is and an embarrassment to our program.

This.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Switchback on November 04, 2017, 08:13:09 pm
Who cares, all SEC coaches get made fun of for their sideline demeanor.

Yeah...all those zingers about Saban chewing the ass of players and coaching like his life depends on it for 60 minutes really sting.

atom hog

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 04, 2017, 08:17:38 pm
That glazed over look is due to double fisting krespy kremes.
He thought the reporter said "glazed donuts".

RebHog

Quote from: atom hog on November 04, 2017, 08:17:06 pm
It's an insult to the memory of Bozo to call this idiot Yankee a clown!
Damn your right I would take bozo the clown right now atleast the presser would be entertaining instead of hallow excuses!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: BroyledNutts on November 04, 2017, 07:50:04 pm
He's gettin chippy...like a guy that's been told he's gone come November 25.

I got chippy just like that when I was told I was being let go, but I had to train my replacement

I had to do that too. Kinda.

Was active military, about to retire, working in a civil service position and applied for the job when it was announced. Already had been doing it for a year.

They hired someone else and I had to train him how to do the job so I could retire and not have one.

I was more than a little irritable.

This is my non-signature signature.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: Switchback on November 04, 2017, 08:02:14 pm
He's looked the same way for 5 years now.  Why didn't he ever ask about his attitude on the sideline before now?  I'll tell you what I think; because he wanted to needle him and make him look stupid in front of the team, coaches, and fans by having to defend it.  It's a reporter trying to get some notoriety.

After a while, the pattern is becoming more and more frustrating for fans? Maybe. Fair point though.

PearlHarbor

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 04, 2017, 07:42:52 pm
He came off like an ass.  He is acting like we should be grateful for that performance.  He has a poorly coached team that has not lived up to minimum standards and he thinks we should be satisfied with that.  Screw you Bert.  Please resign sooner than later.  I'll help you pack...

hview

Wasn't it great strategy to hold TJ out until the 2nd quarter, then only give him 7 carries. That's great coaching.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 04, 2017, 08:10:59 pm
No he'd probably have a glazed over look and then would tweet all hell on whoever slighted him later.

No that was Hillary when being questioned about colluding with the Russians to sell them our Uranium.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: The Kig on November 04, 2017, 08:06:12 pm
Disagree with what?  Are you claiming that if someone came in and did that to you in a similar situation that you wouldnt get irritated?

Clearly the disagreement was about whether or not the reporter's question/comment was fair game.

As to your question. Maybe I'd laugh it off. Or say what is going on in my mind in that situation. Irrelevant though.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: RebHog on November 04, 2017, 08:20:34 pm
Damn your right I would take bozo the clown right now atleast the presser would be entertaining instead of hallow excuses!

no you wouldn't, i was on bozo's show in 1969. lived in fort smith at the time and we had cable so i watched uncle zeke out of tulsa channel 8. when bozo asked me if i watched him and i said no he kinda of put me on the spot and i didn't appreciate it. later on when i was in college and gary weir (bozo) had a drinking problem i watched him get his arse beat in the bathroom of bennigan's when he wouldn't keep hitting on this guy's date. it was poetic justice.

lasthog

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 04, 2017, 08:29:39 pm
no you wouldn't, i was on bozo's show in 1969. lived in fort smith at the time and we had cable so i watched uncle zeke out of tulsa channel 8. when bozo asked me if i watched him and i said no he kinda of put me on the spot and i didn't appreciate it. later on when i was in college and gary weir (bozo) had a drinking problem i watched him get his arse beat in the bathroom of bennigan's when he wouldn't keep hitting on this guy's date. it was poetic justice.

I believe Bozo scarred you for life.

HoggyCat

Quote from: DOGALUM on November 04, 2017, 07:40:36 pm
That "outside world" crap is tired.  Man up and say "I'm sorry.  We should have blown this team out.   This is how we are going to fix it...."

That would mean knowing WHAT and HOW to fix. Bert has no clue to either without 4 or 5 weekly meeting with Alvarez.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

lumphog

TebowHater

Surprised his "I called that play" rant wasn't included.

Made a big deal about how "I made the decision as the head coach to go regular tempo and we scored. I made the decision as the head coach to run regular tempo and go out there and score a touchdown and win the game and that's what we did" Must have said I like six+ times with great emphasis

3:36 mark.

Pig In The City

This has become a nightmare.

East Clintwood

Quote from: BroyledNutts on November 04, 2017, 07:50:04 pm
He's gettin chippy...like a guy that's been told he's gone come November 25.

I got chippy just like that when I was told I was being let go, but I had to train my replacement

One thing for sure.  We don't want Bert training his replacement.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Pigstie

Quote from: JimDandy on November 04, 2017, 07:53:42 pm
Disagree. His countenance seems to be a great indicator of all things razorback football right now. Therefore relevant IMO.
BS ... if we were winning everyone would be saying what a great stoic calming presence he is on the sideline. When your losing everything is wrong.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

hawgon

Quote from: Pigstie on November 04, 2017, 09:22:24 pm
BS ... if we were winning everyone would be saying what a great stoic calming presence he is on the sideline. When your losing everything is wrong.

He isn't stoic.  He is somnolent.

jrulz83

My obviously counter broke at 11.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

longpig

People still watch these?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawgon on November 04, 2017, 09:24:13 pm
He isn't stoic.  He is somnolent.
Don't you actually mean comotose ??? ::)

Switchback

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 04, 2017, 08:29:39 pm

Strong post!  You could make an entire movie out of this story.  It has all the ingredients; humiliation, redemption, violence, romance.

longpig

Quote from: Switchback on November 04, 2017, 09:34:29 pm
Strong post!  You could make an entire movie out of this story.  It has all the ingredients; humiliation, redemption, violence, romance.

Fort Smith had cable in 1969?

StanHog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 04, 2017, 07:28:51 pm
Omg a reporter said that after they scored to go up 2 tds in the fourth quarter the camera went to him and he had a glazed over look...
That was donuts

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 04, 2017, 07:50:10 pm
I have a GREAT idea. I think we ought to petition the SEC and NCAA to determine game results on which of the opposing teams have the best practices during the week. Don't bother counting the actual on the field results. Just have someone from the conference office grade the various practices and proclaim the winners. That way we might actually have a chance (at least according to our HC) of playing for the conference title.

Well, look who's lined up across the line in practice...of COURSE the Hogs have a great week of practice! 

I can't believe this staff is having a hard time figuring out why games are tougher than practices.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

code red

He is feeling heat my friends....he knows our defense blows chunks.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HoggyCat

His version of "I called that play chuck" at 3:40.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: code red on November 04, 2017, 10:13:19 pm
He is feeling heat my friends....he knows our defense blows chunks.

As Grag T might say, "Chunks is my dog!!"
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Josh Goforth

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 04, 2017, 07:44:27 pm
Yea everything that went wrong did... kind of like on that last TD when AUSTIN CANTRELL AS A RB fumbled it, and Gibson was right there. 

We've been very fortunate scooping up random fumbles in the fourth quarter the past 2 games.
A fortunate pass interference set up the game winning fg last week too. Some reason he feels like luck is out to get him??

Hogsmo Kramer

Just fire this a** clown already.

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

SemperFi

WTH does he mean "uncharacteristic"? The character of this team is to miss tackles, give up big chunk plays, whiff on blocks, allow your QB to get beat to a pulp, fail to make adjustments and make a game of it even if the team that you're playing lacks the talent that your team has. I call that par for the course. FIRE BIELEMA!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Pigstie on November 04, 2017, 09:22:24 pm

Is stoic another word for stoned, because he looks stoned half the time on the sidelines.

Like how the hell did I get here, naked with a bag of Cheetos stoned.

STONED.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Justagp

Quote from: pigmania on November 04, 2017, 07:38:41 pm
Bertie got a little defensive there. Maybe he needs to take some acting lessons so he can learn how to hide his feeling through facial expressions
So we have gone from  Bret to Bert to Bertie! Lol!!

Quickdraw

From the product he has put on the field all season, I don't think his practices has been very great either. I think he sees what he wants to see and has blind folded himself from seeing his failures.

BigE_23

Quote from: my3boneheads on November 04, 2017, 07:58:28 pm
CBB should have to answer for his poor performance. He makes more money in a year than most Arkansans in a lifetime.

Yep...highest paid state employee in Arkansas -  where the median household income is a shade north of $40K.

Shut your mouth about "the negativity of the outside world" you pompous arrogant douchebag.

It's not negativity, it's objectivity. Big difference. 

longpig

longpig

Quote from: SemperFi on November 04, 2017, 10:35:09 pm
WTH does he mean "uncharacteristic"? The character of this team is to miss tackles, give up big chunk plays, whiff on blocks, allow your QB to get beat to a pulp, fail to make adjustments and make a game of it even if the team that you're playing lacks the talent that your team has. I call that par for the course. FIRE BIELEMA!

Were we to lose to this 1-7 Sunbelt team would he have used his "didn't have the horses" excuse?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: longpig on November 05, 2017, 01:09:53 am
Were we to lose to this 1-7 Sunbelt team would he have used his "didn't have the horses" excuse?

Oh man... I really do wonder what he would've said. 

bondhue

Quote from: JimDandy on November 04, 2017, 07:38:19 pm
A few bits that stood out to me, paraphrased.

*edit* yeah, started with obviously...

-On if we played down to a 1-7 team: Yeah but we had a good week of preparation.

-On not playing TJ Hammonds earlier in season, "negative people think negative thoughts. We'll play him moving forward and focus on the positive."
-Follow up question later regarding negativity of fans. "outside world looking in is hopefully happy we                   won the game. All the wins count the same. Gotta do a better job of executing our game plan to beat LSU. We don't really bring the outside world to our program."
        -also made a comment about how the negativity was coming from the reporter

-Didn't get any breaks, ball didn't bounce the right way, etc. etc.

-Was post-game a celebration? "Continue to move forward, have a great week of a preparation."

During the conference he came off as emotionless, other than flustered and annoyed with the questions.
Well, they played down to a 1-7 team, they need a different kind of preparation,  he didn't play TJ before because fans had negative thoughts, and they have little chance against LSU.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

jvanhorn

I always thought the reminded me of the cartoon character "Droopy Dog", but felt it would be unkind to say so, lol.

bondhue

The way you know you have a winner is when a reporter asks "why didn't TJ play more early in the season?" and the coach answers that people had negative thoughts.  Of course the coach will have to overcome these people with negative thoughts so that TJ will be able to play more in future games.  I had no negative thoughts about TJ playing, so it must have been one of you suckers.  Fess up.  Whose negative thoughts kept TJ from playing?
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

longpig

Quote from: bondhue on November 05, 2017, 01:31:42 am
The way you know you have a winner is when a reporter asks "why didn't TJ play more early in the season?" and the coach answers that people had negative thoughts.  Of course the coach will have to overcome these people with negative thoughts so that TJ will be able to play more in future games.  I had no negative thoughts about TJ playing, so it must have been one of you suckers.  Fess up.  Whose negative thoughts kept TJ from playing?

He's totally clueless how long the vast majority of the fan base gave him the benefit of a doubt and suppressed their "negative thoughts".  Been too kind for too long

hogsmash12

Where's the sunshine pumper from the Ole Miss win, including the admin I apparently called out that told me how dare I say at anything negative such a great win.