Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronnie Brewer carried off court in first game with grizzlies

Started by mmhogs17, February 19, 2010, 09:52:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mmhogs17

after a break away steal going for a dunk crumbles to the floor and carried off court with a serious leg injury.

fred ziffel

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

dddollars

mmhogs17

i don't know much details just heard this as breaking news on the 9 o clock fox news i think he said it was a not contact injury.

Red Tusk

If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

kudzuhog

Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.
Red Auerbach

The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.
Lou Holtz

Hogfan4ever13

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300219029

Game notes
Wade had played in 55 consecutive games, the second-longest streak in his career. He played in 66 straight in the 2008-09 season. Wade's streak of 148 consecutive games in double figures was snapped when he left in the first quarter of the Nets game. Ronnie Brewer, acquired by Memphis in a deadline trade with Utah, is wearing No. 9, the same number he had with the Jazz. But Brewer left the game with in the third quarter with a right hamstring strain.. Conley had 19 assists without a turnover in the previous two games, but had a turnover in the first quarter.
Worst to First... That's not improvement for SOME people.

Brass Knob

He got into a passing lane and was chasing the ball down (he would have had a break away dunk) and took about two steps and immediately pulled and then fell to the gound.  Not sure what the diagnosis is right now.  Hopefully, he will ok.

Hogz87

The Jazz and Blazers are playing on ESPN right now and they were talking about the Brewer trade.  I knew Brewer was a likable and popular player amongst the fans, but they were saying how Deron Williams and other Jazz players weren't happy about the trade.  I'm not even a Jazz fan but I wasn't happy when I heard about the trade.  Ronnie was in a GREAT place for him playing in the perfect system.  He's an athletic player who greatly benefited from playing alongside Deron Williams who was great at setting Brewer up with easy baskets around the basket off cuts.  Utah is probably the most stable, well run, and consistent organization in the NBA.  It's nice to hear that his former team mates weren't too happy to lose him, and the way they were talking, some of them were pretty shaken up about the deal.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jacksonpollock

He shouldn't have been traded, I blame this injury on the Utah Jazz. It wouldn't have happened if he stayed with them.
Bums are the well-to-do of this day. They didn't have as far to fall.

razobak

I was watching the Jazz game last night and the announcers were saying that the Brewer trade was VERY unpopular with the team, especially with Deron Williams.

Oh, and I can say from experience, torn hammies SUCK.  I tore mine in high school and couldn't do much for a few weeks.  It was super painful.  Hope he recovers well.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!