Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Capps and Agim finish behind El Dorado's Earnest Reed

Started by JaxFlaRazorback, April 26, 2015, 09:06:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JaxFlaRazorback

Arkansas commit Austin Capps and highly recruited McTelvin Agim finished behind El Dorado's Ernest Reed in the Heavyweight Division of the Arkansas High School Weightlifting competition held in Alma over this past weekend.  Reed (6'-5" - 285 lbs.) is committed to Ouachita Baptist.  He tied Bijon Jackson's 360 pound power clean record during the meet.  Maybe the Razorbacks should take another look at Reed, as he's grown two inches and added forty-five pounds over the past four months.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

That's a big ol boy. If he continues to grow and get stronger he will get his D1 looks

Pig in the Pokey

There are some years when he'd have been a Hog. This is exactly the kind of prospect Coach B wants in the walk-on program. His rewarding of several walk-ons next cycle with our unused schollies should really get that part of the program rolling.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 26, 2015, 10:06:23 am
There are some years when he'd have been a Hog. This is exactly the kind of prospect Coach B wants in the walk-on program. His rewarding of several walk-ons next cycle with our unused schollies should really get that part of the program rolling.

Reid Miller, from IMG (Froholdt's teammate), was playing CB with the Whites on Saturday.
As a true freshman he looked OK and should be in some defensive packages and maybe on special teams. A smart/athletic player who will quite likely receive a scholarship before he leaves.

" WOO PIG "

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on April 27, 2015, 01:42:45 am
Reid Miller, from IMG (Froholdt's teammate), was playing CB with the Whites on Saturday.
As a true freshman he looked OK and should be in some defensive packages and maybe on special teams. A smart/athletic player who will quite likely receive a scholarship before he leaves.

" WOO PIG "
he is exactly the one i was thinking about. We have a few  3* walkons.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PaintballHog

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on April 27, 2015, 01:42:45 am

" WOO PIG "

Miller gives me a JJ Watt kind of vibe. He was the Defensive MVP at IMG, with Froholt on that team. He will be a starter for the Hogs at some point.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 27, 2015, 10:24:39 am
Miller gives me a JJ Watt kind of vibe. He was the Defensive MVP at IMG, with Froholt on that team. He will be a starter for the Hogs at some point.

Him being a starter, at some point, wouldn't be surprising. A year or two in CBH development system should be transformational. Athletic enough and disciplined enough.

" WOO PIG "

Arthur pigby sellers.

I think our second team left tackle is a freshman walk on from Dumas. Sounds like the coaches are pretty high on him and he was playing Left tackle while Wallace was R tackle for what it's worth.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on April 27, 2015, 08:24:26 pm
I think our second team left tackle is a freshman walk on from Dumas. Sounds like the coaches are pretty high on him and he was playing Left tackle while Wallace was R tackle for what it's worth.
Yes, Johnny Gibson, 6'5"-315 lbs. He seems to have the right stuff.

Richard recently wrote about offensive lineman Boe Wilson from Missouri. He (Boe) started calling the Hogs at age three thanks to his father, Harry Wilson, who played for Arkansas in the late 90's. I can see CBB possibly persuading Boe to join The Hogs as a preferred walk on with the understanding that if Boe is talented enough he could work his way into a scholarship.

" WOO PIG "

muddhogger

I can tell you from first hand knowledge, Ernest Reed is a kid of integrity and a class A student.