Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Dykes lands his 9th commitment and 3rd NJCAA.

Started by Hogg_Phan, April 25, 2015, 01:38:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

April 25, 2015, 01:38:29 pm Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:25:43 pm by Hogg_Phan
As posted on Women Razorback sports forum.

https://twitter.com/sportsinkansas/status/592008931922161665
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Razorpigg

Wait... Does this make 3 JC AA's he has signed THIS year???

Hogg_Phan

Why yes it does. I guess he's doing okay at recruiting being his first year and all. ;)
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

jjdlc

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on April 25, 2015, 02:00:13 pm
Why yes it does. I guess he's doing okay at recruiting being his first year and all. ;)

I was afraid Dykes was a publicity stunt when hired.  Very happy to say he is proving me very wrong so far.

PaintballHog

Challenging CSP as the best recruiter on campus.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

ucahogfan

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 25, 2015, 02:29:57 pm
Challenging CSP as the best recruiter on campus.
I think Tony Vitello would be the best recruiter on campus.

The Hawg Marshal

Wow 9 players. Do they have that many seniors or is he cutting some loose?

Killean

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on April 25, 2015, 05:02:24 pm
Wow 9 players. Do they have that many seniors or is he cutting some loose?

The team had like 7 scholarship players this past season.  He really did have all that space.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

flippinhogmana

The team had nine scholarship players (hence his phase, he was fine with nine) and no he didnt have all that space, but two graduated and two left voluntarily.  so he had the room plus he has one vacancy now.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

nwahogfan1

Very, very good class for Coach Dykes.

For next year CJD and staff can concentrate on HS AAs.  Do we have an eye on any high school AAs in the 2016 class?????

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jjdlc on April 25, 2015, 02:02:35 pm
I was afraid Dykes was a publicity stunt when hired.  Very happy to say he is proving me very wrong so far.

Knowing Jimmy he would not have taken the job if he thought it was a publicity stunt.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogBreath

Publicity stunt...lol...I would not be surprised if JD makes the LadyBacks the UConn of the south.

The guy has the gift.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

NLRHog92

With 7 eligible to return next year, that would mean some are either transferring or hanging it up with 9 coming in, at least one would assume...

Scott7703

Quote from: NLRHog92 on April 27, 2015, 10:52:25 am
With 7 eligible to return next year, that would mean some are either transferring or hanging it up with 9 coming in, at least one would assume...

Rumor has it two are leaving.

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

justmakeit2thebcs

lumphog

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 25, 2015, 04:46:21 pm
I think Tony Vitello would be the best recruiter on campus.
Leah Blefko........Hands down

Rzbakfromwaybak

Coach Dykes is evidently going to be a good one.  Great job he is doing.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on April 27, 2015, 03:37:24 pm
Rumor is Katie Powell and possibly Joey Bailey

The rumor is Katie Powell and McKenzie Bostad.  Bailey is a graduate student who would play if needed, but she is also looking for a graduate assistant position.  Was under consideration for the GA job, but didnt get it.  She has options.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

arkansasrazorback

FBREW000

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on April 27, 2015, 06:52:54 pm
Best basketball coach on campus.
will be having lunch with him later this week.  He is the real deal!

Scott7703

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 27, 2015, 06:07:53 pm
The rumor is Katie Powell and McKenzie Bostad.  Bailey is a graduate student who would play if needed, but she is also looking for a graduate assistant position.  Was under consideration for the GA job, but didnt get it.  She has options.

This! Pay attention to this poster.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Hogg_Phan

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on April 27, 2015, 07:53:53 pm
Why would Bostad leave?

For the record, both Powell and Bostad were given (on their request) their written releases before the basketball banquet.  McKinley Bostad in particular has handled the whole thing with class and honor as far as I am concerned.  Why would she want to leave?

From her perspective it is the only logical thing to do if she wants to play much basketball and be happy for the next couple of years.  First she isnt a JD recruit and although she played heroically this year she figured (1) she wasnt going to get much playing time the next two years.  She didnt play much point last year, wasnt too good at in when she did.  She was apt to have both Malica and Jordan ahead of her at the point position.  At the sg, she would have Devin Cosper, and Kelsey Brooks ahead of her at least.  (2) She also has a boyfriend in Texas.  There was another issue that was probably even more important to her than these two that is inconsequential after those two reasons.

As far as I am concerned, she is a fine young lady that gave it her all for one year, and I wish her well.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogBreath on April 26, 2015, 10:16:30 am
Publicity stunt...lol...I would not be surprised if JD makes the LadyBacks the UConn of the south.

The guy has the gift.
Or takes over for Mike.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

flippinhogmana

and this whole thread should be in women's sports.  I wonder why it isnt?  There is an identical thread there.

The_Iceman

Quote from: flippinhogmana on April 28, 2015, 11:01:19 am
and this whole thread should be in women's sports.  I wonder why it isnt?  There is an identical thread there.

So the Recruiting Forum is only for male recruits?

flippinhogmana

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 28, 2015, 11:02:04 am
So the Recruiting Forum is only for male recruits?

Of Course.  But if someone is using it for an agenda to cast comparison and possibly undermine another coach in another forum then it should raise the eyebrows of every fair minded razorback fan.  If you want to poopoo my comment, then read the entire thread here.