Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett

Started by Dmacattack, August 04, 2017, 09:28:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

sowmonella

Thanks for posting. He's got the talent to be a star. I hope this chance will work out for him.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

John Snow

The funny thing is the liberal espn media has been trying to say he looks terrible at practice. By some idiot girl reporting for ESPN at their training camp saying that he looks horrible  with zero evidence  or knowledge of football  to back her facts up because espn is trying to push Baltimore to sign Colleen Kapernick.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: John Snow on August 05, 2017, 12:36:49 am
The funny thing is the liberal espn media has been trying to say he looks terrible at practice. By some idiot girl reporting for ESPN at their training camp saying that he looks horrible  with zero evidence  or knowledge of football  to back her facts up because espn is trying to push Baltimore to sign Colleen Kapernick.

Ok..

Ok...

Ok...

But....

Never mind.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

RazorWhacker

Now we know who Zeke in KC really is.

presidenthog

Harbaugh even mentioned no one is writing about his good days.

Now that you put it that way I 100% agree. Others may think it's stupid but espn has a huge political agenda and kaep was their rockstar in that sense. Even though he sucks.

Cinco de Hogo

ESPN - ABC - Disney = liberal far far far left.

twistitup

in before zeke...

Im glad he's hitting that wheel route out of the backfield. I'm not worried about down the field with M - he's got long ball touch, it's the short passes that take more finesse. The article said he hit the RB in stride out of the backfield....awesome he is developing that 'touch' pass.

Cannon arm, lots of talent - with the best for him
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

cosmodrum

Quote from: twistitup on August 05, 2017, 06:06:47 am
in before zeke...

Im glad he's hitting that wheel route out of the backfield. I'm not worried about down the field with M - he's got long ball touch, it's the short passes that take more finesse. The article said he hit the RB in stride out of the backfield....awesome he is developing that 'touch' pass.

Cannon arm, lots of talent - with the best for him

That's always been his problem, throwing a 10 yd slant 185 mph.
Go away, batin'

goodguytex

jkstock04

Would not surprise me in the least if this is accurate.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

gmarv

I hope he keeps it up and does great things.wps

greasy_corner

The media is definitely working to keep Kap in the headlines.  I was also pretty surprised that such a big deal was made of Mallett's bad day in practice.  Who knows... 

PorkRinds

Now we are into ignorant political conspiracy theory territory.

lakecityhog

Rinds, when you speak of ignorance I tend to listen!

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 05, 2017, 10:03:49 am

Hogville - Foxville/CNNville/MSNBCville.

theFlyingHog

I don't look at it as politics. I look at something like that as trying to drive ratings. Now, I can't speak for my fellow conservatives

Hogz87

This is post is a strong contender for immediate induction into the "Hogville Generated Conspiracy Theories" Hall of Fame.

LRHawg

You know nothing, John Snow...

hog.goblin

I think it has nothing to do with E$PNs possible political stance.  I think it has everything to do with E$PNs fiscal stance from a team signing a player everyone will watch (in their opinion) becuase everyone has an opinion on him (some love, most hate).

PorkRinds

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 05, 2017, 12:22:57 pm
I think it has nothing to do with E$PNs possible political stance.  I think it has everything to do with E$PNs fiscal stance from a team signing a player everyone will watch (in their opinion) becuase everyone has an opinion on him (some love, most hate).

They'd love it for sure.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Surfing8 on August 05, 2017, 12:28:01 pm
Oh, there's quite possibly a political slant to their coverage. 

In fact it's likely the case.

As long as you realize their perceived political stance is really only about $$$ as well.

HamSammich

I really just wish that clown would hurry up and get a job and ultimately fail. I'm tired of listening the SJWs on the radio about it.

Hogwild

Quote from: LRHawg on August 05, 2017, 11:30:21 am
You know nothing, John Snow...

you're right, he doesn't even know how to spell his own name

greenie

Wait, implying that ESPN is politically biased is a conspiracy theory? I guess it's probably racist, homophobic, nationalistic, xenophobic and preached from the altar of white privilege, too. ESPN is clearly supportive of Kap, and that's fine.  I hope Mallet gets more than a couple of games to see what he can do.

bennyl08

Mallett wears the number 15.

15 is the numeric way to spell "is"

Bill Clinton asked what the definition of 'is' is. Clearly, he was asking what the definition of Mallett is.

Brady is a hardcore Trumpie. ESPN has been pro Brady and anti-Mallett.

Therefore, the nearly decade long character assassination of Mallett while making Brady out to be the victim of unfair attacks all this time was really subliminal messaging to get Trump elected!

Forget the russians, Disney/ESPN is who we really need to investigate collusion with!
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: greenie on August 05, 2017, 01:00:31 pm
Wait, implying that ESPN is politically biased is a conspiracy theory? I guess it's probably racist, homophobic, nationalistic, xenophobic and preached from the altar of white privilege, too. ESPN is clearly supportive of Kap, and that's fine.  I hope Mallet gets more than a couple of games to see what he can do.

When you say "nationalistic" I think you mean ethnocentric

nchogg

LJHOG

King Kong

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 05, 2017, 01:10:44 pm
Mallett wears the number 15.

15 is the numeric way to spell "is"

Bill Clinton asked what the definition of 'is' is. Clearly, he was asking what the definition of Mallett is.

Brady is a hardcore Trumpie. ESPN has been pro Brady and anti-Mallett.

Therefore, the nearly decade long character assassination of Mallett while making Brady out to be the victim of unfair attacks all this time was really subliminal messaging to get Trump elected!

Forget the russians, Disney/ESPN is who we really need to investigate collusion with!

ESPN was all over Brady about Trump until Brady backed off his comments saying he didn't  know who he would vote for.

ESPN is all about pushing their political point of view. However I do agree with you that in this Mallett situation has nothing to do with politics

phadedhawg

I did think the Mallett hit piece from a week or so ago seemed a bit unhinged.  If the stats reported are true it was certainly a bad day for any QB.  But there seemed to be a bit of emotionalism in that story and I think that's why everyone thinks it's part of a conspiracy or something. 

If Mallett can see the field then he's where he needs to be.  But Baltimore seems a bit of a dumpster fire.  I wouldn't mind to see him head elsewhere. 

twistitup

Quote from: phadedhawg on August 05, 2017, 08:06:54 pm
I did think the Mallett hit piece from a week or so ago seemed a bit unhinged.  If the stats reported are true it was certainly a bad day for any QB.  But there seemed to be a bit of emotionalism in that story and I think that's why everyone thinks it's part of a conspiracy or something. 

If Mallett can see the field then he's where he needs to be.  But Baltimore seems a bit of a dumpster fire.  I wouldn't mind to see him head elsewhere. 

I lived in Bmore for a few years - it's a little rough (like most big cities)...but on the other hand Mallett is a little 'rough' around the edges. This may be a good match if Flacco ends up w serious back issues. Medical issues are what ended Romo's career-- back is a serious situation...Flacco may never be the same

EastexHawg

Quote from: twistitup on August 05, 2017, 08:48:38 pm
Medical issues are Jerry Jones is a manipulative old egomaniac who didn't want to take the chance that Tony might go to Houston and have a better season than Prescott and the Cowboys, so he refused to release him long enough to force everyone's hand...that is what ended Romo's career.

Fixt it for ya.

twistitup

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 05, 2017, 09:11:20 pm
Fixt it for ya.

Romo is over the hill - one hit away from being paralyzed. He belongs in the booth - learn from Troy.

hoglady

Thanks for posting!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

threeNout

Quote from: twistitup on August 05, 2017, 08:48:38 pm
This may be a good match if Flacco ends up w serious back issues. Medical issues are what ended Romo's career-- back is a serious situation...Flacco may never be the same

I sure as heck got that impression watching the coach talk about it, just the sense of worry.

Disk in the back, tricky, tricky. The best Flacco can do is rest until he feels it's 100%, then see how it does first time he's hit again.  Mallett may well have a chance to play his way into the lead spot for good this year.

EastexHawg

Quote from: twistitup on August 05, 2017, 09:15:16 pm
Romo is over the hill - one hit away from being paralyzed. He belongs in the booth - learn from Troy.

That's fine to think that, but Jerry made his choice.  He should have released Romo and let him make his.  Sadly, Jerry's ego wouldn't allow that to happen.  Ending a player's career was preferable to chancing being second guessed. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: twistitup on August 05, 2017, 09:15:16 pm
He belongs in a La-Z-Boy recliner   :D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

twistitup

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 05, 2017, 09:28:02 pm
That's fine to think that, but Jerry made his choice.  He should have released Romo and let him make his.  Sadly, Jerry's ego wouldn't allow that to happen.  Ending a player's career was preferable to chancing being second guessed. 

Romo can still play if he chooses - Jera can't hold him captive indefinitely

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 05, 2017, 12:30:51 pm
As long as you realize their perceived political stance is really only about $$$ as well.

Clearly people only see what they want to see.  The NFL contributes a ratings drop to (far left agendas) by certain players and ESPN somehow thinks it's going to get a ratings boost from those same players.  It's not always about $$$ when there is an agenda to start with and Disney has an agenda.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 05, 2017, 09:28:02 pm

So you know for a fact it wasn't what Romo wanted?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 05, 2017, 09:35:18 pm
So you know for a fact it wasn't what Romo wanted?

Romo could have still retired if Jerry had released him.  Every report at the time said Jerry and Tony had agreed the Cowboys would cut him.  Every report indicated Romo wanted to play and that Houston was especially attractive because it was right down the road from his home.

Then, Houston traded Osweiler...leaving them without a starting QB and opening a spot for Tony.  Jerry saw that and suddenly decided there would be no release.  He was going to work a trade for Romo.

You don't have to be the Amazing Kreskin to see what really happened.  Jerry didn't want Romo, who according to media reports looked amazingly good not only on his final drive against the Eagles but during the final weeks of the season in practice, going to the other Texas team and having a great season or two.

So Jerry, being the selfish and manipulative old you know what that he is, had his cake and ate it, too.  He got the QB he chose and he ended the career of the other QB by holding onto his contract and rights long enough to force other teams to make alternative plans.  He also forced Romo to either take the TV gig or spend another year sitting the bench in Dallas.

twistitup

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 05, 2017, 09:53:46 pm
Romo could have still retired if Jerry had released him.  Every report at the time said Jerry and Tony had agreed the Cowboys would cut him.  Every report indicated Romo wanted to play and that Houston was especially attractive because it was right down the road from his home.

Then, Houston traded Osweiler...leaving them without a starting QB and opening a spot for Tony.  Jerry saw that and suddenly decided there would be no release.  He was going to work a trade for Romo.

You don't have to be the Amazing Kreskin to see what really happened.  Jerry didn't want Romo, who according to media reports looked amazingly good not only on his final drive against the Eagles but during the final weeks of the season in practice, going to the other Texas team and having a great season or two.

So Jerry, being the selfish and manipulative old you know what that he is, had his cake and ate it, too.  He got the QB he chose and he ended the career of the other QB by holding onto his contract and rights long enough to force other teams to make alternative plans.  He also forced Romo to either take the TV gig or spend another year sitting the bench in Dallas.

After a year off he should be fully healed.....do you think a team signs him? He won't be a backup, he wants to start. I say... no

hog.goblin

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 05, 2017, 09:31:45 pm
Clearly people only see what they want to see.  The NFL contributes a ratings drop to (far left agendas) by certain players and ESPN somehow thinks it's going to get a ratings boost from those same players.  It's not always about $$$ when there is an agenda to start with and Disney has an agenda.

Disney's agenda is money.  They happen to believe liberal inclusiveness is the best method to money. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: twistitup on August 05, 2017, 09:59:33 pm
After a year off he should be fully healed.....do you think a team signs him? He won't be a backup, he wants to start. I say... no

He was fully healed last November.  No, at his age he is not going to sit out a year and then come back.  He wanted to play this year, not next year.  Jerry ended that because it didn't fit his agenda or ego.

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 05, 2017, 11:01:00 pm
He was fully healed last November.  No, at his age he is not going to sit out a year and then come back.  He wanted to play this year, not next year.  Jerry ended that because it didn't fit his agenda or ego.

Jerry handled the situation the same way the niners handled Montana and Young. Everybody knew that Montana would be cut by the niners. There was minimal incentive to trade for him. However, eventually a team gets desperate (Kansas in that case) and gives up a 6th or 7th round pick type of deal so that they don't have to get into a bidding war or risk not being chosen. However, the big difference here was that Romo had an injury history and a pretty serious one at that. Elway commented that Romo was not 100% dedicated to winning a super bowl and turns out, Elway was correct. Romo didn't need the money. Continuing to play would have solely been for legacy and he decided his future health was more important than his name being on a sheet of paper or a website.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 06, 2017, 01:21:05 am
Jerry handled the situation the same way the niners handled Montana and Young. Everybody knew that Montana would be cut by the niners. There was minimal incentive to trade for him. However, eventually a team gets desperate (Kansas in that case) and gives up a 6th or 7th round pick type of deal so that they don't have to get into a bidding war or risk not being chosen. However, the big difference here was that Romo had an injury history and a pretty serious one at that. Elway commented that Romo was not 100% dedicated to winning a super bowl and turns out, Elway was correct. Romo didn't need the money. Continuing to play would have solely been for legacy and he decided his future health was more important than his name being on a sheet of paper or a website.

Kansas City Chiefs of Kansas City, Missouri

cosmodrum

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 06, 2017, 02:28:08 am
Kansas City Chiefs of Kansas City, Missouri

Thank you.

Also, loved having Montana those two years. Some really good teams.
Go away, batin'

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 05, 2017, 12:22:57 pm

Both. Their fiscal stance IS to take a political stance. The next generation isn't watching sports (in general) and isn't signing up for cable. That's the future market they have to stroke. It's the same market that Disney has to cultivate. Thirty year olds are the demographic that buys princess movie DVDs and clothes and movie tickets -- aging baby boomers do not except for the grand kids (and with the 30 year olds' permission). Disney and ESPN don't have political beliefs. They have political stances that they take to drive profit.

Short term, the media will all try to stir up the Kaepernick angle, but most of them aren't thinking about more than generating ad clicks. Disney is the long term planner.

It's not even a conspiracy theory. It's just business.