Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perspective depends on the observer ......

Started by hogfanmd, September 10, 2017, 10:19:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanmd

Arkansas fans : Arkansas is a great program and can compete at the highest levels. The current situation is unacceptable and coach Beliema is not cutting it.  Basically summed up in many of the hogville posts

College football world : Arkansas is a decent program but not elite.  Like most schools our fans have unreasonable expectations.  It will never be a championship program. Anything above 6 wins and a bowl is a good season

Coach Beliema : I will succeed in time because I did at Wisconsin.

Jeff Long: probably shares view of the college football 🏈 world for the most part but does feel Arkansas can compete with time. Values stability and lack of scandal. He is building structures and cutting ribbons.  He would rather have 10 years of average or below performance then one year of scandal.  IMO

Veteran coaches that have choices: If coach Beliema can't succeed there who could

Up and comer coaches and veteran coaches without choices. - I'd take the Arkansas job, Im hungry for opportunity and will find a way for success.   

cbs announcers - at least we won't have to announce these guys again until Mizzu game

Poker_hog

Quote from: hogfanmd on September 10, 2017, 10:19:56 am

Veteran coaches that have choices: If coach Beliema can't succeed there who could

I can think of one that did well here recently.

Also it's pretty obvious cbb wasn't responsible for wisky's success.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hogfanmd

When Petrino came on board we had just been to the cotton bowl and not far removed from an SEC championship game.  He also hated where he was at and motivated to accept.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hogfanmd on September 10, 2017, 10:36:25 am
When Petrino came on board we had just been to the cotton bowl and not far removed from an SEC championship game.  He also hated where he was at and motivated to accept.

And when bert came on board we had recently been to a cotton bowl and sugar bowl.  No excuse for the state of the program.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hogfanmd

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 10, 2017, 10:41:40 am
And when bert came on board we had recently been to a cotton bowl and sugar bowl.  No excuse for the state of the program.

I'm not saying it that way.  I agree no excuse.
I'm talking about a new hire looking at the last 5 years as a programs potential for agreeing to take the job.