Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some things I wonder about CBB...

Started by depressed_fan, September 09, 2017, 11:01:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

depressed_fan

I find it very odd he wanted to switch to the 3-4 in his fifth year.  As long as he's been coaching it's odd he would change his entire defensive philosophy pretty much out of the blue.  It's almost like something he could use as a scapegoat to buy another year or two of fan interest while he preaches he needs more time getting 3-4 style players in.  And I'm sure that speech is coming. Keep in mind, had TCU caught a few more easy balls, they could have put about 42 on us.

Something could be amiss with him at home, and constantly weighs on his mind.  Obviously he's a new dad, but in what most would consider a bizarre marriage.  What goes on behind closed doors is none of our business but I wouldn't doubt if she doesn't constantly walk all over him but he puts up with it anyway.   The story they tell the public is, she was dating him before he told her he was a millionaire football coach. That makes no logical sense, that an overweight 40 year old never married man wouldn't tell a 25 year old that looked like that he was a major D1 football coach.

I wonder how his weight affects recruiting and respectability among players.  You can't name too many good head coaches over the years that were morbidly obese.  I wonder how much the players and assistants respect him period.  I wonder if they detect a degree of laziness in him.

I wonder what role alcohol plays in his life.  There is or was a shirtless pic somewhere online of him appearing inebriated. Sometimes he just looks sloppy and hung over.  I got that impression of John Pelphrey too.

The man that I'm seeing on the sidelines and in the press room seems to be going through the motions a lot.  Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. He's got more money than he'll ever spend. He's got his trophy wife and son. He's always got a job in football if he wants to stay in the game.  And he has no vested interest in Arkansas, like a Houston Nutt or Ken Hatfield would.  He's realized the league was a lot tougher than he originally thought, so why would he really care at this point  if he wins or not? You can criticize Nutt all you want but the man wore his emotions on his sleeve and had a burning desire to win.

I think we've seen the pinnacle of what CBB is going to do here. But I think we have him at least another year after this no matter what.  The way I see the pinnacle is not necessarily the wins and losses, but if I think going in to each game we had a chance to win. With him, there seems to be certain games like Alabama, LSU, probably Auburn, you know are guaranteed losses.  There was that feeling when JOhn L Smith was here. If you remember back when Nutt was here, you probably never went in to a game knowing the team was going to lose. He does run a clean program, strong gpas and doesn't do anything terrible, he just seems like a lazy coach scraping by being friendly with players. In my opinion he'll be gone with the new seats not selling up to expectation.

010HogFan

JOKERHOG

He conned Long into giving him a ridiculus contract that left no drive or incentive to win.  Once it was signed, he was set for life win or lose. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

HamSammich

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 09, 2017, 11:38:39 pm
He conned Long into giving him a ridiculus contract that left no drive or incentive to win.  Once it was signed, he was set for life win or lose.
Yep, Jabba the brainless hutt conned ad of the year into a 20 mill dollar buyout.

Keep defending long. Remember not long ago you defended CBB. You all will come around on long as well. He is a pos.