Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's going to happen to Barry Lunney Jr.?

Started by snoot hoggy hog, September 09, 2017, 09:55:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

Will he end up being a head coach? Will be he be a good one?

Arkansas Fan

AirWarren

go hogues

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on September 09, 2017, 09:55:37 pm
Will he end up being a head coach? Will be he be a good one?
Was just about to come on here and ask: should we roll the dice on Lunney? Knows Arkansas, respected in the coaching industry and would be hungry.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

The Boar War

Quote from: go hogues on September 09, 2017, 10:00:01 pm
Was just about to come on here and ask: should we roll the dice on Lunney? Knows Arkansas, respected in the coaching industry and would be hungry.

I realize that hiring any coach is taking a chance but are you really willing to roll the dice for the next 4+ years on a coach that is completely unproven?

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

razorhog52

Barry Lunney can coach Ft. smith. Stay away from my program.

go hogues

Quote from: The Boar War on September 09, 2017, 10:03:52 pm
I realize that hiring any coach is taking a chance but are you really willing to roll the dice for the next 4+ years on a coach that is completely unproven?
I don't know if I am or not but honestly, how much worse could it get?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

The Boar War

Quote from: go hogues on September 09, 2017, 10:17:56 pm
I don't know if I am or not but honestly, how much worse could it get?

Today was bad but it could get much worse.  I'm not sure if I have the patience to wait around for 5 years to see if some unproven coach can make it work.

Granny fan

He sure hasn't done much with AA, so he should go, too!

snoot hoggy hog

Not saying hire him as head coach right now. I just hope he's not another great coach that never makes it back to Arkansas. He's going to get a chance one day. He's put three tight ends in the NFL in five years of coaching that position.

Ray Zorback_1*

Last team that did just that... Clemson with Dabo.

Hoggie17

I was surprised that Lincoln Riley got the OU job.

HossHog

Quote from: Ray Zorback_1* on September 09, 2017, 11:25:24 pm
this post makes too much sense at such an emotional time like this. But this is a good point. However I am almost 100% sure that Barry is no Dabo

010HogFan

The first two posts of this thread are hilarious.

factchecker

Quote from: Ray Zorback_1* on September 09, 2017, 11:25:24 pm

Then let's promote Michael Smith.  He has a ton of connections in Louisiana.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

snoot hoggy hog

If Enos leaves does Lunney get promoted to OC?