Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We need a dual threat QB

Started by snoot hoggy hog, September 09, 2017, 09:23:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

CBB gotta get Bohanon. Every successful QB in the SEC (as of late) has had the ability to beat you both ways. Although Allen has the ability to run, he does have the dual threat capability that is needed.

Wildhog

There are a lot of reasons that we lost.  Austin not being "dual-threat" enough isn't one of them.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogpc

Dual threat isn't the problem - lack of heart and lack of leadership are AA's problems.

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Großer Kriegschwein

This kind of duel?

The NCAA outlawed those in 1887.

This is my non-signature signature.

thebignasty

Quote from: hogpc on September 09, 2017, 09:25:51 pm
Dual threat isn't the problem - lack of heart and lack of leadership are AA's problems.

Clearly no report with him and the receivers.  Thought that's what 7 on 7 was for.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

HoggyCat

Bohannon got hurt last night.

Besides, he's still be under Bielema. Nothing has changed from Chaney to Enos.  It's still HIS team.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

PossumFan

We have one. A threat to stare down receivers and take sacks.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: PossumFan on September 09, 2017, 09:30:12 pm
We have one. A threat to stare down receivers and take sacks.

Then yell at them.

010HogFan

Danny J

Yes...would definitely help. How anyone can believe with our pass protection that a pure pocket passed is the way to go is beyond me. That said there are other problems as well. The run game even when TCU played straight up was bad. The entire offense has major problems all the way around.

ZERO

Speaking of threats, someone throw a tarp and a pair of those groucho glasses on Austin Allen's vehicle. There's a misguided Razorback fan out there somewhere who's not afraid to put on an encore.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

thebignasty

Quote from: ZERO on September 09, 2017, 09:44:20 pm
Speaking of threats, someone throw a tarp and a pair of those groucho glasses on Austin Allen's vehicle. There's a misguided Razorback fan out there somewhere who's not afraid to put on an encore.

lol +1

livevanguy

We had one BB's first season- Mitchell. Instead we made him play second string and then wide out. Waste of potential talent.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

HamSammich

We need a dual threat AD. One that can make good hires and also knows how to make a contract that doesn't Frank a state.

presidenthog

Quote from: livevanguy on September 09, 2017, 10:10:19 pm
We had one BB's first season- Mitchell. Instead we made him play second string and then wide out. Waste of potential talent.

Then he went to NC state. Didn't get the starting job and played bad when he did play.

Also rate peavy isn't starting at smu

Wildhog

Quote from: presidenthog on September 09, 2017, 11:04:43 pm
Then he went to NC state. Didn't get the starting job and played bad when he did play.

He did win the starting job at NC St.  Got hurt in the first game and missed a large part of the season.
1909/1964/1965/1977

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 09, 2017, 11:07:33 pm
He did win the starting job at NC St.  Got hurt in the first game and missed a large part of the season.

I watched him play. He was bad.

atom hog

We have a dual threat QB... AA is threat to miss his open receivers by short arming his throw or causing a turnover (fumble or int) at the most inopportune time. Happens every time when we need him in big games.

livevanguy

Quote from: presidenthog on September 09, 2017, 11:04:43 pm

I think this comes down to poor player development and the lack in faith with anyone other than an Allen. Making those qb's ride the pine for 2 years did them no good. They came in with talent, but withered "waiting their turn."
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Wildhog

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on September 10, 2017, 08:20:51 am
I watched him play. He was bad.

I was simply correcting an inaccurate statement.  He did win the starting job, regardless of how he played.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgphish

a dual threat quarterback would mean we have had a change in offensive philosophies and more than likely a coaching change.  BB will never recruit that player.  It doesn't fit what he wants to do.  He wants a big accurate arm that can manage the game.