Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema will take down Long this year

Started by hawgon, September 09, 2017, 08:54:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

I know it is just game 2, but this team has the look of a team that has quit.  That is particularly true if you consider the last two games from last year.  The kids just ain't buying what Bielema is selling anymore.  It is that simple.

So, I think 4-8 is a distinct possibility.  And because if our genius AD, we could find ourselves literally unable to fire him.  If that happens, somebody has to pay for that.  You just can't allow that to happen and not make an example of someone...not if you have any pretense of being a football school.

idochog

They haven't quit. Some of the players have no business in the SEC
I love Jesus!

Arkansas Fan

phadedhawg

Long just wasn't in the game today.  His halftime adjustments made zero difference. 

Long's impact in the kicking game is really taking a toll.

HiggiePiggy

They just don't like to play the second half of games.   Let's find a way to play the second half in the beginning and the first half in the second!!!!!! 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

JaketheSnake

CBB isn't going anywhere after this season if we go 4-8. 

CBB could go 1-11 and JL still wouldn't be gone.   The people in charge are there because they arnt the idiots that post here and have these huge, knee jerk reactions.  They understood the need for the buyout after the Petrino stuff and buyouts are important now for program stability.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 09, 2017, 09:29:52 pm
Long just wasn't in the game today.  His halftime adjustments made zero difference. 

And did you see that hold on Long?  What was he thinking? The play was on the other side of the field!

TechHawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 09:30:53 pm

CBB could go 1-11 and JL still wouldn't be gone.   The people in charge are there because they arnt the idiots that post here and have these huge, knee jerk reactions.  They understood the need for the buyout after the Petrino stuff and buyouts are important now for program stability.

Yeah, because wanting accountability for five years of bad football teams is "knee jerk."

Torqued pork

Oh we're stable alright. DA

ZERO

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 09, 2017, 10:08:45 pm

If stability is routinely going scoreless in the second half of games, I'm all for injecting a little chaos into the program's veins.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

hawgon

As stable as the Titanic on the bottom of the Atlantic.

BigE_23

So your genius theory is that football programs put huge buyouts in contracts to keep themselves from being able to fire their coach?? Wow. Just wow.

wachhog

Bielema takes down Long. What a Christmas present that would be.

fieldturf

Quote from: idochog on September 09, 2017, 09:26:33 pm

There it is right there! Statement above!!!

Hog Solo

Quote from: wachhog on September 09, 2017, 10:13:50 pm
Bielema takes down Long. What a Christmas present that would be.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Torqued pork

Quote from: idochog on September 09, 2017, 09:26:33 pm
Or the Big XII apparently.  So much for all of that miraculous player development Bielema was going to bring...

wachhog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 09:31:39 pm
And did you see that hold on Long?  What was he thinking? The play was on the other side of the field!
Hey, Jake, are you long? I've always thought he was this sneaky, slinky, slithering, slimy, cold -blooded thing...

go hogues

At some point Jeff Long HAS to be held accountable for some of this.

Right?

Or does literally EVERY person in charge at the UA believe we can never truly compete in the SEC, so as long as we're clean, we good?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hog.goblin

I'll be honest.  I want Bielema to get one more year.  1) because I get the buyout prevents him from being fired anyway and 2) because I want Long to take another job voluntarily after this season.

Jeff Long isn't getting fired.  He's done too many good things overall.  But maybe he'll find take that step up he's been waiting for.  Simply put, I don't trust him to hire the next head coach.

hobhog

and the Chancelor too! And the BOT!

Woo hoo it's fun to be nuts....

HamSammich

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 09, 2017, 09:29:52 pm

HIS IMPACT ON BEING A DOGSHIT AD IS TAKING A TOLL.

Hog Solo

Quote from: go hogues on September 09, 2017, 10:21:42 pm

Right?

Or does literally EVERY person in charge at the UA believe we can never truly compete in the SEC, so as long as we're clean, we good?

A long time ago my grandfather told me we were in the sec championship. Never mind  that was in my lifetime.

HuntnHog

I hope so.  Bert was the 17th highest paid coach in the country 2016.  Not sure where he stands now but probably still in that neighborhood.  He's way overpaid for the product he's putting on the field.  That's on Long.  And the buyout is freaking insane.  No way that was necessary to get Bret to sign that contract.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 09, 2017, 10:08:45 pm
Big picture... we are a stable program.  We sent winning games like ANY fan wants, but we are a stable program.  We don't have the constant plane rides to meet boosters that Nutt had or Petrino's history of job hopping going on.  We are expanding the stadium, the UofA is seen as a positive and clean program, enrollments are growing, money is rolling in.  That's stable.  Instability would be Ole Miss or Baylor.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: go hogues on September 09, 2017, 10:21:42 pm

Right?

He does very well managing an athletic department. Football isn't the only thing.
This is my non-signature signature.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: BigE_23 on September 09, 2017, 10:11:44 pm
So your genius theory is that football programs put huge buyouts in contracts to keep themselves from being able to fire their coach?? Wow. Just wow.
The two-way buyout.  Better protection for the coach and the school. A buyout also brings stability.  We had lots of negative recruiting against us during CBP years bc of his job hopping.  We are not alone in big time college athletics in big buyouts.

HamSammich

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 10:29:08 pm
The two-way buyout.  Better protection for the coach and the school. A buyout also brings stability.  We had lots of negative recruiting against us during CBP years bc of his job hopping.  We are not alone in big time college athletics in big buyouts.

Lol

Stability of suck. Eat it. You guys deserve this. The rest of the intelligent fans don't.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 09, 2017, 10:27:42 pm
He does very well managing an athletic department. Football isn't the only thing.
The entire world sees that, except some hog fans. Those people only see poor Bobby in his neck brace and then that mean AD firing him.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: HamSammich on September 09, 2017, 10:32:22 pm
Lol

Stability of suck. Eat it. You guys deserve this. The rest of the intelligent fans don't.
Oh was that me taking a stand for or  against the buyout?  I thought I was just trying to explain its purpose since most people seem to only think it was to keep us from firing him.

Knot2brite

How much money has the university made since Long became the AD? How many teams have improved their academic standing with the NCAA? The answer to those questions will tell you why Long will be here for as long as he wants
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HamSammich

Quote from: Knot2brite on September 09, 2017, 10:40:08 pm
How much money has the university made since Long became the AD? How many teams have improved their academic standing with the NCAA? The answer to those questions will tell you why Long will be here for as long as he wants

No. When no one shows up to the games this year you and your hero Mr integrity will look silly.

Torqued pork

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 10:26:17 pm
Big picture... we are a stable program.  We sent winning games like ANY fan wants, but we are a stable program.  We don't have the constant plane rides to meet boosters that Nutt had or Petrino's history of job hopping going on.  We are expanding the stadium, the UofA is seen as a positive and clean program, enrollments are growing, money is rolling in.  That's stable.  Instability would be Ole Miss or Baylor.
And our brilliant AD has chained the football program to a coach with an abysmal record who has lost the vast majority of the fan base. I know collegiate athletics has undergone some changes over the years, but football is still the straw that stirs the drink.

Knot2brite

Quote from: HamSammich on September 09, 2017, 10:43:09 pm
No. When no one shows up to the games this year you and your hero Mr integrity will look silly.
like that will ever happen...they may not show up but they will buy tickets...they aren't giving those up...as long as there is money coming in regularly nothing will change...and yeah..I am glad that Long is a man of integrity...and anyone that isn't a self serving fool
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 10:26:17 pm

You wanna be stable or you wanna win? Serious question.

Great coaches are sought after, just the way it is. Can you honestly say you're concerned another quality program would come in and steal Bert from us?!

Um no they wouldn't because he's not a good HC. We're "stable" because he sucks and our ignorant AD handcuffed us to him.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Gonzo

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 09, 2017, 10:29:08 pm

What damn two-way buyout?  The buyout for BB to walk away is at best a 4th of what the UA had to cover to fire him. It was NEVER a two-way street. That's exactly why so.many of us thought it was a ridiculous thing to do.......AND FOR A 7 - 5 SEASON. Easily the worst decision of JL's  tenure, and precisely why his fate should be tied to BB.

Go Hogs!

LRrazorback

The worst stretch of losing our great university has experienced has been on Jeffies watch. After 10 years, nothing has changed. The best coach he's ever hired, he fired.  The main job of the ad is hiring coaches, he needs to hit a homerun with the next hire this year

HamSammich

Quote from: LRrazorback on September 09, 2017, 11:01:53 pm
The worst stretch of losing our great university has experienced has been on Jeffies watch. After 10 years, nothing has changed. The best coach he's ever hired, he fired.  The main job of the ad is hiring coaches, he needs to hit a homerun with the next hire this year

Lol.... Santa will bring you a train this year son.