Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Money sources

Started by TebowHater, September 09, 2017, 06:06:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

We have a thread for possible replacements, but realistically, who could pony up that money? Who could be the one to save us?

Alternatively we could start a mega crowd sourcing campaign. If everyone gave $4, we would have the buyout covered!

COACHINTEXAS

No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

Fan1958

The athletic department.  Those who think JJ, Tyson, etc will pay the buyout are nuts.  Why would they do that?
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Fan1958 on September 10, 2017, 08:05:09 am
The athletic department.  Those who think JJ, Tyson, etc will pay the buyout are nuts.  Why would they do that?

^^^ This^^^.   As a side note. If you want a change. Stop buying tickets and donating money. Jeff Long isn't going to make changes until it hits the pocket book.

Fan1958

Quote from: TebowHater on September 09, 2017, 06:06:16 pm
We have a thread for possible replacements, but realistically, who could pony up that money? Who could be the one to save us?

Alternatively we could start a mega crowd sourcing campaign. If everyone gave $4, we would have the buyout covered!

I believe the buyout to be $15M. At $4 a pop, that would require 3,750,000 folks to donate.  Population of Arkansas less than 3M.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

outlawhogeywells

Kind of a catch 22. If you stop buying tickets and donating you loose what u have worked for over the years (your seating priority). Preassure has to go directly at jeff long.

NaturalStateReb

I hear that the money people have already said there isn't $15 million out there for this. I think he's got this season and the next.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hobhog

Hurricame relief or some stupid campaign to soothe a butt hurt football "fan".

Hmmmmm......let me think about it.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 10, 2017, 08:14:39 am
I hear that the money people have already said there isn't $15 million out there for this. I think he's got this season and the next.

If he's given that long, there won't be much left. I'm wondering if BB has a good "hold onto the rope" speech... :vomit:

HardCore

But there is $200+MM to build the North Endone???  Skip the tile, then carpet the damn thing.  I would rather downgrade the expansion frills and get a better coach and AD.

Building a Taj Mahal to watch a failure of a football program.  That's like buying an Aston Martin and driving it over Engineer Pass. 
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Razorback de Nosferatu

If Razorback stadium starts to look half empty or worse, I bet they find some gold coins under a tree or something.

I was there yesterday.  Very, very good crowd that was loud and ready to go early on.

I LOVE the Razorbacks, but it's a 3.5 hour drive from my home to RRS.  At some point you just quit accepting it.  And based on the fact that most people were just kinda grinning and shrugging as they left... Apathy is well on its way if this doesn't improve drastically and consistently.  Remember how Auburn's stadium looked Chizik's last year at Auburn.  It was just evident it was over. 

Real easy to say Coach is the guy when yesterday was a sellout. But if we start to look like a zombie program? 

ricepig

They don't have to write a check for he moment they would fire him, but he's got this year 100% and next year unless it's a total stinker. And yes, we stunk yesterday, but it will be the season's body.

Kevin

the power is in the fans not going. money is not a influence now with the big check from the league. the optics on tv of fans not going will push for a change.

embarrassment will move them to change, not money
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on September 10, 2017, 08:52:40 am
the power is in the fans not going. money is not a influence now with the big check from the league. the optics on tv of fans not going will push for a change.

embarrassment will move them to change, not money

Wrong, money still talks, it takes both to fund all of our facilities. They fan's/boosters will pay for the NEZ, Baum, etc, it takes all of it. Will 2000 upper deck fans change their mind, no.

TebowHater

Quote from: Fan1958 on September 10, 2017, 08:08:20 am
I believe the buyout to be $15M. At $4 a pop, that would require 3,750,000 folks to donate.  Population of Arkansas less than 3M.

I thought it was $11M, so that is what the number was based off of.

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on September 10, 2017, 09:11:31 am
I thought it was $11M, so that is what the number was based off of.

11.7m is the buyout on Jan 1st

hawgbawb

Quote from: TebowHater on September 09, 2017, 06:06:16 pm

Not a bad idea.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 10, 2017, 08:08:06 am
^^^ This^^^.   As a side note. If you want a change. Stop buying tickets and donating money. Jeff Long isn't going to make changes until it hits the pocket book.

so, this is how it works?

The AD doesn't want a winner until he's forced to have one because nobody is buying tickets?

Actually, the way to have a winner is for the university to demand it and not have an AD who lacks gonads running its program.