Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's up with the TCU Love?

Started by widespreadsooie, September 08, 2017, 08:09:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Quote from: Dirty on September 09, 2017, 07:55:22 am
If TCU wins, maybe we can start the next coach thread! Coach B is not the answer!

That's the spirit! What a fan!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 09, 2017, 08:59:52 am
If we lose this game today, we need to let Beilema go. It will cement the fact that he can't get it done here. It will reaffirm the fact that we will always be mediocre under him. This is a must win.
I'm guessing you're going to pay his buyout ???.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

RyeHogFan

If we lose this game today, we need to let Beilema go. It will cement the fact that he can't get it done here. It will reaffirm the fact that we will always be mediocre under him. This is a must win.

Only the Sith deal in absolutes

MuskogeeHogFan

He's here through next season so I suggest that you go ahead and get your prescription for depression refilled. If he loses, some of you are depressed. If he wins, some of you will be even more depressed.
Go Hogs Go!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 09, 2017, 08:43:40 am
Just keep in mind that last year, with a porous defense (that must have been coordinated by the same guy who was in charge of the defense of Paris in 1940) that allowed 572 yards, and an offense that stalled at times, we still managed to beat them on their own turf. Both teams left points on the field but we left far more on the field than did TCU. Recall these events from last year.

TCU-1st Qtr-1st & 10 at Ark 26     Fumbles, recovered by Arkansas.   
TCU-2nd Qtr-2nd & 23 at TCU 47   Hill throws INT returned 47 yds for a TD.   
TCU-4th Qtr-3rd & 10 at ARK 18    Allows blocked 24 yd FG that would have won the game.   
ARK-1st Drive, 1st Qtr                 1st and 10 at TCU 22, Incomplete, 2 yd run, Incomplete, we settle for a FG.   
ARK-Beginning of 2nd Qtr             1st and 10 at TCU 10 yard line, 3 yard run, 2 yard loss on run, Incompletion, we settle for another FG.   
ARK-Beginning of 4th Qtr             1st and Goal at TCU 2 yard line, run for a 4 yard loss, run for 2 yards, Incomplete, FG attempt is no good.   

Points left on the field:       
TCU   3 to 10   
ARK   11 to 15   

We know that TCU is looking forward to this game. There are questions about their defense just as we have about ours. They are going to throw and try to run just like us. We are bigger, they are probably quicker. Though each team has a strength that the other may not possess, this probably works out to be a fairly even game. Noisy, almost completely enclosed, RRS with the home opener against a team that is favored to beat the Hogs? Could be really loud and hopefully, something TCU isn't accustomed to dealing with in the B12.

Another close game, Hogs win by 3 to 7.

Yeah, I think we're in general agreement. I have us by 5 in the predictions. But I'm basing that on the hope we're just generally a better team than they are -- I feel the various matchups might let TCU look better (meaning to be more effective) than they actually turn out to be.

I'm rarely on the bandwagon of "We have to run the ball and break their will" (paraphrasing Patterson), but I think it somewhat applies. I want a game like the win over Texas Tech and not the next game at home.

Jimbob111

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 08, 2017, 08:33:14 pm
Why?

It starts with coaching. TCU has a coach who can teach as opposed to a coach who so far, has only talked trash. I've noticed that the talking heads are picking TCU and believe it or not, the win over FAMU has been picked over and dissected and found wanting by the talking heads.
Did anyone else watch the Okie State game last night? Yes, they did what they were supposed to do but they should have done it better. So the Hogs aren't getting the respect we, as fans, would like them to have, because all the talking heads know that the players are on their own without the benefit of a coach who will make them perform to the best of their ability.

I don't think Chris Doering is that good of an analyst but he makes sense. With a good coach, this Hogs team would be a Cinderella story. With Beliema and company, they are destined to underperform. Beliema is a crappy coach who hires crappy coaches. I just hope after he is fired, the next coach can get Cole Kelly to buy in because he is legit.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

HogHomer

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 09, 2017, 10:55:20 am
It starts with coaching. TCU has a coach who can teach as opposed to a coach who so far, has only talked trash. I've noticed that the talking heads are picking TCU and believe it or not, the win over FAMU has been picked over and dissected and found wanting by the talking heads.
Did anyone else watch the Okie State game last night? Yes, they did what they were supposed to do but they should have done it better. So the Hogs aren't getting the respect we, as fans, would like them to have, because all the talking heads know that the players are on their own without the benefit of a coach who will make them perform to the best of their ability.

I don't think Chris Doering is that good of an analyst but he makes sense. With a good coach, this Hogs team would be a Cinderella story. With Beliema and company, they are destined to underperform. Beliema is a crappy coach who hires crappy coaches. I just hope after he is fired, the next coach can get Cole Kelly to buy in because he is legit.
So Dan Enos is a crappy coach, Rhodes, Barry Lunney, Michael Smith? Get this crap out of here. It's great when people show their true football knowledge.

Is Patterson a crappy coach because he let CBB come into Fort Worth last year and lose to an, as you say, under-preforming team?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 09, 2017, 09:45:23 am
He's here through next season so I suggest that you go ahead and get your prescription for depression refilled. If he loses, some of you are depressed. If he wins, some of you will be even more depressed.

You just described me during the last couple seasons of Nuttbag.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HamSammich

I'll be honest , if long fires CBB this year I'll probably take a backseat with hog football till long is gone.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 09, 2017, 11:04:28 am
You just described me during the last couple seasons of Nuttbag.

I remember those days.
Go Hogs Go!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HamSammich on September 09, 2017, 11:06:15 am
I'll be honest , if long fires CBB this year I'll probably take a backseat with hog football till long is gone.
Do you like Beilema that much or do you dislike Long that much?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

razorsharptusk

You don't have to look far to find perspective on where we are at as a football program.  Here we are week after week trying to figure out if the Hogs can hang with a non-conference foe. All the while your Alabama's of the SEC are scheduling the elite non-conference foe's like Florida St. Auburn draws your defending national champions this week and their odds of beating Clemson are pretty good.  I get the schedule is what it is, but the mindset is what I'm speaking of here.  You have Alabama and a couple honorable mentions at the top of the SEC and then it's like a canyon between them and everyone else where we just hope to knock off our lesser non-conference foes.  I'm in though. You have to make the turn somewhere.  I hope this is the year. Go Hogs.
GO HOGS!!

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: GuvHog on September 09, 2017, 08:58:01 am
TCU doesn't have the size on either line to "Auburn" the Hogs. They could out finesse the Hogs but they aren't going to out power them. For the Horned Frogs, running a power game against the Hogs is a losing proposition and Patterson knows it.

Guv, I'm certain he's not indicating TCU will use a power running game; rather think he is referencing the final score.

HamSammich

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 09, 2017, 11:47:55 am
Do you like Beilema that much or do you dislike Long that much?

Good question. Probably need to analyze myself a bit. I don't think Long is particularly good at hiring and contracts. But long is good with long term vision and execution.

I feel like CBB was straddled with an Allen dynasty and I'd like to see him free of it one year here as mush as that opinion is hated here it has s my opinion.

HamSammich

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on September 09, 2017, 11:53:35 am

Guv, I'm certain he's not indicating TCU will use a power running game; rather think he is referencing the final score.

Yeah it won't be power running. It will be a lot of crack blocks and lame a## delay blocks at our guys ankles. A slashing quick running style. I'm probably wrong though.

Jimbob111

Quote from: HogHomer on September 09, 2017, 11:01:55 am
So Dan Enos is a crappy coach, Rhodes, Barry Lunney, Michael Smith? Get this crap out of here. It's great when people show their true football knowledge.

Is Patterson a crappy coach because he let CBB come into Fort Worth last year and lose to an, as you say, under-preforming team?

Do their players win games. No? Were their players recruited by other D1 coaches? And do those players win games?
It's not rocket science. Dan Enos is a mediocre coach on his best day. And no, Rhodes can't coach his way out of a paper bag. So... I'm not sure I understand your counterpoint to my statement that Beliema is a poor coach who hires poor coaches. Name the division 1 programs who have gone after Beliema assistants other than Pittman...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 09, 2017, 12:05:27 pm
Do their players win games. No? Were their players recruited by other D1 coaches? And do those players win games?
It's not rocket science. Dan Enos is a mediocre coach on his best day. And no, Rhodes can't coach his way out of a paper bag. So... I'm not sure I understand your counterpoint to my statement that Beliema is a poor coach who hires poor coaches. Name the division 1 programs who have gone after Beliema assistants other than Pittman...

You just don't like Bielema so it produces this thought process: "I don't like Bielema so everything is bad".

Nothing is probably ever as good or bad as we think that it is.
Go Hogs Go!

HogsonHicks

What an odd statement.  We are covered up with assistants who have been coaches at other D1 programs, and a handful who have been former head coaches (Rhoads (try spelling his name correctly), Enos, and formerly Shannon), and some who are former NFL assistants. 

If Bielema hires supposedly poor coaches, then a hell of a lot of other head coaches have made the same supposedly poor hires.  Not liking Bielema is one thing, but you're just making stuff up to support your dislike.

Phil D

It's not rocket science. Dan Enos is a mediocre coach on his best day. And no, Rhodes can't coach his way out of a paper bag. So... I'm not sure I understand your counterpoint to my statement that Belie ma is a poor coach who hires poor coaches. Name the division 1 programs who have gone after Beliema assistants other than Pittman...

Alabama wanted to hire Enos but couldn't because of his non compete clause
GO HOGS!!!!!!

HogHomer

LSU wanted to hire Michael Smith the season before last. Enos name comes up with almost every OC job and some mid major head coaching jobs. Rhoads is known as one of the better defensive minds in the NCAA. Keep showing your utter lack of understanding of football.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

TheEnemy

I don't care what happened last year at TCU.  This game worries me because:

1)  horrible timing losing Pulley before this game

2)  We do not know yet how improved we will be containing a dynamic running QB

3)  Our receivers haven't shown much yet.

4)  We still don't know yet if we can finish off a quality opponent when we have them on the ropes.

Staying positive though with a prediction of 31-28 Hogs.

jimhog

HamSammich

Quote from: HamSammich on September 08, 2017, 10:54:58 pm
I sort of eluded to it in the prediction thread. The short of it is we will nickel and mostly dime and they will auburn us. Until AA wakes up I'm not going to count on him. Last point is Patterson is the sort of coach that has been game planning for us for a year. He is a midget tank that only knows destroy. CBB as much as I like him worrys about tv shows and Vegas in the offseason.

This isn't the sort of blow off game hog fans think. I think we can win. Will we? Hell if I know.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 08, 2017, 08:09:38 pm
Just about any media or public opinion I hear/read are making this game out as TCU's to lose. I'm not sure I understand why. What I see is a team we beat at their place a year ago and finished a game better than in a stronger conference. What am I missing? I know TCU returns a lot from a team who averaged 16.5 ppg over their last four contests last season.

Are you starting to understand why now, at halftime?

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

widespreadsooie

Very surprised. Will eat the crow from those who serve. We have a really bad offense, I was really disappointed in it today.

HamSammich

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 10, 2017, 12:01:39 am
Very surprised. Will eat the crow from those who serve. We have a really bad offense, I was really disappointed in it today.

There is no reason for you to eat crow man. Good fans try to stay optimistic about their teams. I could argue I have not been a good fan. It is what it is.

I still think we beat Bama though. And I'm not kidding.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: HamSammich on September 10, 2017, 12:06:10 am
There is no reason for you to eat crow man. Good fans try to stay optimistic about their teams. I could argue I have not been a good fan. It is what it is.

I still think we beat Bama though. And I'm not kidding.

I'm not a sunshine pumper, and you're a troll.

HamSammich

Well if always being right and being strong enough to type out unpopular opinions is a troll.... sure you got me.

Guilty.

We will still win seven games with a victory over Bama. Have a good life being "trolled"

widespreadsooie

Quote from: HamSammich on September 10, 2017, 12:14:35 am
Well if always being right and being strong enough to type out unpopular opinions is a troll.... sure you got me.

Guilty.

We will still win seven games with a victory over Bama. Have a good life being "trolled"

I like your style. There's some decent moves. Messy overall though.

HamSammich

lol I just re-read this whole thread trying to figure out your anger I get it now. A thread of fools. Lol.

Well whatever. We will still beat Bama this year and next year when CBB isn't anchored by an Allen he will win. And yes it sucks to be right.

widespreadsooie

I have us 43 to 29 against the laundry solution

HamSammich

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 10, 2017, 12:28:54 am
I have us 43 to 29 against the laundry solution

Well I hope and pray you finally are right about something bud. Night

widespreadsooie

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: HamSammich on September 10, 2017, 12:24:54 am
lol I just re-read this whole thread trying to figure out your anger I get it now. A thread of fools. Lol.

Well whatever. We will still beat Bama this year and next year when CBB isn't anchored by an Allen he will win. And yes it sucks to be right.

Hamm Sammich spitting the truth in this thread!!!!

Wish I would've gotten my predictions on record in THIS thread, but it is all over the board since last week in multiple threads of me saying TCU will dominate.

But props to the man who knew his stuff.

However, unlike you I don't think we stand a chance against Bama. Bamas offense is subpar for the first time in several years, but as bad as their offense is their defense is that much better. 10x better. I've never seen anything like it.

Hogs will be lucky to score a single point against Bama. Tide will roll 31-0

Letsroll1200

Quote from: GuvHog on September 09, 2017, 08:58:01 am
TCU doesn't have the size on either line to "Auburn" the Hogs. They could out finesse the Hogs but they aren't going to out power them. For the Horned Frogs, running a power game against the Hogs is a losing proposition and Patterson knows it.

Guv they outpowered the Hogs