Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Canada

Started by Boarsnest, November 08, 2017, 05:57:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarsnest

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/4422907-matt-canada-bret-bielema-power-struggle-wisconsin-badgers-rose-bowl-nebraska

I'm sure Matt has been waiting for the opportunity to play Bret since his last game at Wisconsin. This will probably get ugly fast. The only thing we can hope for is that LSU is overlooking us after the Alabama game. The players may have trouble getting up to play us but you can bet Matt is ready.

Porkchop#1

I'm sure any coach getting ready to face CBB would be licking their chops.

PORKULATOR

I'm sure any coach going against CBB is thinking, "I really shouldn't lose this, God, I'd better not lose this one."
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jgphillips3

All reports are he and Bret have no love lost between them.  If he gets the opportunity to roll us, he will.

Arazorbackguy1

Lol, you got all that drama from the linked article.  Talk about much to do about nothing.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Wisconsin fans talked about this back when we first hired him. I always dreaded the day Canada got his chance at payback
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 08, 2017, 07:22:38 am
Lol, you got all that drama from the linked article.  Talk about much to do about nothing.

Kinda what I was thinking.

They may hate each other but the linked article has nothing to do with said hate!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hogwild

QuoteArkansas defensive coordinator Paul Rhoads, who was Iowa State's head coach for seven years through 2015, hadn't seen much of Canada's offense until he started looking at film preparing for Saturday's game. Rhoads called Canada's offense "a very interesting concept."

"They try to unsettle you," Rhoads said. "They try to get your eyes where they're not supposed to be, try to get you out of alignment, try to get you out of leverage, and then take advantage of it from there. They challenge you. They challenge you in your preparation and based on what I've seen, he (Canada) does a very good job."

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/11/arkansas_coach_bret_bielema_an.html

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

According to TJLSUDAD, All Canada does is run jet sweeps
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MJ2

41-7    Canada's Cajuns beat CBB

Boarsnest

We shall see! Rumors were Barry stepped in and told Bret to let Matt run the offense. Sorry no articles on that but lots of smoke about a strained relationship. I would say rumors are probably correct, there is a reason Bret can not keep assistants. There is plenty of history with Bret being unable to keep assistant coaches.

Southpointhog

You fellas are really trying to read into this more than it really is!

MudBone

younghog

yep..

Why not go out and VOTE in MidTerm elections or volunteer Make a real difference instead of this DRIVEL

~who knew
GO HOGS

Boarsnest

Glad we don't play Georgia or would I be reading to much into to that to! Lol!

FutureMan

Your description of this thread makes it sound like there is some really deep rooted anger between the two men.  I didn't get that impression at all after reading it.  Sounds like they parted ways pretty amicably.   
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

26.2Hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 08, 2017, 08:05:36 am
According to TJLSUDAD, All Canada does is run jet sweeps

He could run the same play every snap and still hang 40 on our defense.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Our D made CC's QB look good.  Etling will have a field day.  The things that didn't work against Alabama will work against Ark.  It could be another one of those big plays on the first or second play of the game kind of days.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tusks

They're at home.  It's going to be a 50 spot.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

870hogfan

This is old news and stupid....

Ex-Trumpet

The most troubling thing I read in the article:

"...Bielema, a defensive coach by trade..."
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The Kig

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on November 08, 2017, 06:10:23 am
I'm sure any coach getting ready to face CBB would be licking their chops.

Only if they had a post game party planned. More risk in having us actually show up for a change and be the team that drops one to the worst team in the conference.
Poker Porker

Potosihog

Coach Obvious

Quote from: MudBone on November 08, 2017, 08:35:20 am
Lets hire Matt Canada :D

I actually wanted him to be a candidate when they hired Bret. It was obvious Canada was the offensive guru, and if Canada didn't come too, the Bret hire was much less appealing.

texas tush hog

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 08:55:17 am

At the very least.

code red

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 08:55:17 am
Yep and if we score I would be surprised.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2017, 09:44:47 am
The most troubling thing I read in the article:

"...Bielema, a defensive coach by trade..."
Actually I've thought all along that Bielema was more "offensive".....as in his coaching is OFFENSIVE to any team he coaches.

Jeff Long:  Bret was kissing my ass so fast it just messed me up.  Now I've gone from the Toast of the Town to the Roast of the Town.  LIFE, it just ain't fair.