Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you love the Hogs more if they dropped to FCS & won 5 out 10 Championships

Started by BoynamedWooPigSooie, November 06, 2017, 06:45:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

A few more years of Jeff Long and Bielema doing work dropping down to FCS and dominating down there w/ a new coach and AD might be the best route to take.

We would be the most prestigious FCS school w/ all of our awesome facilities and be the largest fanbase by 3 fold. Getting in the playoffs annually, dropping 70 on schools, 4-5 shutouts a year, total and complete domination and humiliation of our opponents, getting 10 4* and 5* D-1 transfers a year from big time schools every year.

Putting guys in the NFL consistently, building a winning culture, building a championship winning culture. Playing for titles on the regular, winning them more times than not. Loving that helmet; bringing the wood again.

Think about it. All of the fancy new stuff is already built now. We'd lose the SEC money but having championship winning teams across all sports should help offset that with increases in every phase of revenue generation. We'd be free to negotiate our own TV deals (after this round of TV deals expire schools may want to have individual networks, advertising & PPV rights again)

How many of y'all would trade the prestige of being a doormat in the SEC for being a dominating beast of a program in FCS in every sport we field?
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BDSCT51

You're making an "assumption" we have the players and staff to compete at that high FCS level.
Bleeding Razorback Red

hog of steele

Fans would bail. We would have awesome facilities but they would be empty. This idea is dumb.

hobhog

Battle for dumbest post of year is getting hotter and hotter. Few more loses and computer will melt.

HoggyCat

At least the "we gotta beat bama" argument would finally be dropped.

Then we could beg ASUj for a money game.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: solitons on November 06, 2017, 07:57:24 pm
how crazy is this idea?

Pretty crazy.

The NCAA has proven to be a worthless and corrupt entity. Letting UNC skate is proof that the NCAA is trash.  If we aren't willing to cheat to the level of Bama, Ole Miss, LSU, Florida St., Miami, Clemson, USC then we'll never get back to prominence.

Lets just drop down a level, readjust the priorities a bit and go dominate FCS across the board.

HamIAm

Did someone seriously just ask this question?  We are losing, lets take our ball and find someone else to play with?  Wow.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on November 06, 2017, 06:45:21 pm
A few more years of Jeff Long and Bielema doing work dropping down to FCS and dominating down there w/ a new coach and AD might be the best route to take.

We would be the most prestigious FCS school w/ all of our awesome facilities and be the largest fanbase by 3 fold. Getting in the playoffs annually, dropping 70 on schools, 4-5 shutouts a year, total and complete domination and humiliation of our opponents, getting 10 4* and 5* D-1 transfers a year from big time schools every year.

Putting guys in the NFL consistently, building a winning culture, building a championship winning culture. Playing for titles on the regular, winning them more times than not. Loving that helmet; bringing the wood again.

Think about it. All of the fancy new stuff is already built now. We'd lose the SEC money but having championship winning teams across all sports should help offset that with increases in every phase of revenue generation. We'd be free to negotiate our own TV deals (after this round of TV deals expire schools may want to have individual networks, advertising & PPV rights again)

How many of y'all would trade the prestige of being a doormat in the SEC for being a dominating beast of a program in FCS in every sport we field?
TOTAL NONSENSE cause this will never happen.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

Inhogswetrust

IF I wanted to root for an FCS team there are plenty of them already.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BoynamedWooPigSooie

We might actually get a in-state rivalry going.  If Bielema were the coach when we drop to FCS I'm not sure he could compete w/ UCA.

Malvin

Calling All Hogs

We also need to find a conference with lower graduation rates to compete against as it appears we are now dead last in graduation rates for the SEC. https://t.co/bilBlIxgJH
#Integrity

Stillwater

There are FCS teams that would beat holy $hit out of CC, I've seen ASU play 3 times and UCA twice.  They both have more team speed than the Hogs.  Fact!!  Not saying either would beat the Hogs but they both would give them fits.  If it were to come down to purely Coaching I'd give the nod to UCA/ASU.   

MJ2

Too much $ in the SEC and face it, that's all the BOD and the admin care about.    When the ticket quit selling then changes will be made.

phadedhawg

Quote from: MJ2 on November 08, 2017, 03:34:38 pm
Too much $ in the SEC and face it, that's all the BOD and the admin care about.    When the ticket quit selling then changes will be made.

Lots of TV money to be had by being in this conference.  Granted, if the ESPN slide continues, that money might start drying up and then ticket sales will matter more. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You'd have to do it in person or while listening to the radio.. They might get on TV twice a year...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogPharmer

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on November 07, 2017, 10:51:18 am
Pretty crazy.

The NCAA has proven to be a worthless and corrupt entity. Letting UNC skate is proof that the NCAA is trash.  If we aren't willing to cheat to the level of Bama, Ole Miss, LSU, Florida St., Miami, Clemson, USC then we'll never get back to prominence.

Lets just drop down a level, readjust the priorities a bit and go dominate FCS across the board.

Why does everyone say Bama cheats? Bama wins because Nick Saban knows how to coach and recruits know that. Unfortunately, that's not the dumbest thing in this thread... OP must be a Barner fan. Saban chests but the good lord Gus doesn't.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Guess you didn't see the SI story that came out a couple days and the multiple times Bama has admitted to breaking NCAA rules during Saban's run as coach.

ShadowTheHedgehog

The OP's idea is lunacy. Makes no sense.

That's like saying "OK we could not score any of the hot chicks at the club so lets go to a gay bar and be the straightest dudes in the bar, that way we may get some girls".

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 09, 2017, 10:12:14 pm
The OP's idea is lunacy. Makes no sense.

That's like saying "OK we could not score any of the hot chicks at the club so lets go to a gay bar and be the straightest dudes in the bar, that way we may get some girls".

I see that you never hit up Ron's on a Sunday night and pulled sorority chicks. fish.in.a.barrel.