Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smith optimistic about possible return next year..... (Salary in tax deferred plan)

Started by hehawg, November 12, 2012, 07:35:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheelhawg

"A man has to know his limitations," which is something JLS could learn from Clint. Coach Smith tends to get in way over his head.  I wish him the very best! May the wind blow gently upon his back and the road rise to meet him....

Fayettechill14

Horrible article. Nowhere does it quote Smith saying that or anything to that effect. That article is a pot-stirring attempt. JLS knows he's done.

arky870

dont let the door hit him in the butt on his way out. my guess would be a great guy to have over for the saturday afternoon bbq. as far as coach not no but heck no. no way. uh uh. rrrrrrrrrr. strike. and any other possible combination of no you can think of

hehawg

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 12, 2012, 07:42:08 pm
Horrible article. Nowhere does it quote Smith saying that or anything to that effect. That article is a pot-stirring attempt. JLS knows he's done.

Agree..it does sound like some twisted words but thats the way media makes $.
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

razorbackmkh

Smith will be here next year if he wants to be, his contract basically gives him that. And that role will be administrative, not HC.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: razorbackmkh on November 12, 2012, 07:50:14 pm
Smith will be here next year if he wants to be, his contract basically gives him that. And that role will be administrative, not HC.

He could, but my guess is that he runs far away from here. Had he gone 9-3 and not been millions in debt or something he could have stayed in an admin role. I would think he'll be in Idaho or Kentucky this time next year.

larpigfanc

OK seriously there has got to be 0% chance of JLS being the Razorback Head Football Coach next season or even being retained to coach special teams!
Jeff Long would be tarred an feathered, banners wouldn't fly on game day they would fly EVERY DAY!
Gees reading that made me sick!
:puke:
Always consult your Doctor B4 beginning any exercise/workout regime! Note: These workouts best used in conjuction with RAZORBACK Sports Coverage. Feel the BURN

razorbackmkh

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 12, 2012, 07:51:10 pm
He could, but my guess is that he runs far away from here. Had he gone 9-3 and not been millions in debt or something he could have stayed in an admin role. I would think he'll be in Idaho or Kentucky this time next year.
Agreed, he will probably be wherever the Brothers Petrino are next year. But I do remember it being part of the deal. I think even getting to us a bowl would have left him in a decent spot with most Hog fans if he had duct taped his mouth at the start of the season.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Damn Washington Post, let the guy have his pride. He's gone for sure but he knows it, Long knows it, and the world knows it.

The Boar War

Quote from: razorbackmkh on November 12, 2012, 08:25:42 pm
Agreed, he will probably be wherever the Brothers Petrino are next year.

Doubt it.  They got rid of him last year.

atj64

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on November 12, 2012, 08:30:33 pm
So JLS thinks he will return and be back in Alabama next year

good one...

one good whipping from Saban and "Alabama" is forever indelible in JLS's mind.

jjdlc

My guess is JLS disappears after the LSU game, and doesn't resurface till well after the new coach is named and in place.  JL may have promised him an administrative job, but I doubt it would be anything to do with the football team.  At this point, it just wouldn't be a safe idea.  There are some crazy people out there.

Murr

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

aar0n

I would love to see JLS hang around in an administrative roll, even as a "consultant."  He obviously has experienced college football his entire life and knows the game, he just has NO leadership or speaking skills whatsoever.  It's not like he's a bad guy and is even knowledgable about the game, just not coaching material at all.

checkraiser88

No way! However, I bet Smith will give Long a Pitch to keep him on if we wins the last 2 games of the season

moses_007

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 13, 2012, 12:43:57 am
No way! However, I bet Smith will give Long a Pitch to keep him on if we wins the last 2 games of the season

No way that will happen.  The Hogs won't win another game this season. 

spiritof92

There's not a chance in hell JLS will be coaching here after the season ends.

aar0n

"I have trouble just concentrating on today and this part of our season and where we are."

- John L. Smith

checkraiser88

Quote from: RazorBroncs on November 13, 2012, 01:09:31 am
"I have trouble just concentrating on today and this part of our season and where we are."

- John L. Smith

Lol what? I mean this guy is something else! How in the hell was he ever hired? What did he say to Jeff Long in his interview?

spiritof92

"The players all like me and it will be a smooth transition blah blah blah"

Hogz87

While the chances of JLS returning as our head-coach are less than zero, could you imagine what would happen if Long did bring him back?  Would there be actual rioting in Fayetteville?  Game boycotts?  Mass donation withdrawal? 

Fatmanhog

to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Triple T

Quote from: Hogz87 on November 13, 2012, 01:34:54 am
While the chances of JLS returning as our head-coach are less than zero, could you imagine what would happen if Long did bring him back?  Would there be actual rioting in Fayetteville?  Game boycotts?  Mass donation withdrawal? 
JLS and Jeff Long would be packing their bags.

Sow Lancelot

Tanks in the streets?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Prosciutto

That would save me some money.

Hog Spread

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 13, 2012, 01:16:04 am
Lol what? I mean this guy is something else! How in the hell was he ever hired? What did he say to Jeff Long in his interview?
And I quote,"Jeffers, if you are looking for a train wreck, I am the EXXON Valdez of college football train wrecks.  I can make things look so bleak that the fan base would be thrilled to get Tommy Tuberville!"

DEVIL DOG HOG

The only way JLS gets this job is IF BP becomes his Assistant HC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Mrcoolhog55

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hehawg on November 12, 2012, 07:35:21 pm
http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/arkansas-smith-optimistic-about-a-possible-return-to-the-razorbacks-next-season/2012/11/12/96848906-2d08-11e2-b631-2aad9d9c73ac_story.html

Umm...NO!

Yet one more time that JLS needed to be seen and not heard. The man needs to learn when to just keep his mouth shut because things like this just serve to remind everyone of all of the foolish things that have ever come out of his mouth.
Go Hogs Go!

regi

I don't know who the next coach will be, but I do know 2 guys who want be the coach. Bobby P and JLS, and both are obvious.

Gotigers08

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 13, 2012, 01:16:04 am

Or What did he do?

razorbrass

It just occured to me that BP took advice from JLS - that coupled with the bike incident and his other baggage should really bring his judgement or lack thereof into question.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

razorsharptusk

GO HOGS!!

alwaysondbigscreen

some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

pfrg999

Quote from: RazorBroncs on November 13, 2012, 01:09:31 am

- John L. Smith

And that says it all.....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HamShank

Do those player comments remind anyone of how the players sounded during the Nutt years? My gosh. If I were going to be the despot of some country, I wouldn't hire Nutt or Smith to coach my football team, but I'd hire them to brainwash my people.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hehawg

The only way this hsppens is dec 20th JL announces JLS to remain head coach of the hogs....following that day will be dec 21st "the end if the world as we know it"
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

GB-Razorback

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.