Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant McCasland

Started by Seminole Indian, December 01, 2016, 08:29:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Nice interview of McCasland by AStateNation on 95.3 The Ticket before their game with Cleveland State.

It is a good example of why A-State fans are excited about him. Of course it helps that his team looks like  he said they would since this summer (sure Blake Anderson wished his did).

His response to a question about if he was happy with their start 6-1 start( now 7-1), and can they get better is interesting, especially when the team is playing better than any recent A-State team.

"...you look up and you are thankful for the wins that you have, but when you really look at yourself in the mirror, and you know how good your potential  could be, you compare yourself to how good your team could be, not necessarily where they are now."

When asked if he was surprised about the start, he said no, he felt his team could win every game.

http://www.953theticket.com/?p=16707
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

holeinthewall

I am guessing his concern is blowing late leads and letting teams back in the games.  Eventually that bites you.

Seminole Indian

That, and turnovers seems to be the areas he is most concerned about, and they probably will bite them.

Of course no one really thinks they are not going to lose, but I'm sure Blake Anderson, who was as up beat as McCasland is about his talented team this summer, would probably advise him not to lose to UCA, if he can avoid it.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

A loss to UCA in basketball would not be the same stigma as it was in football. In football UCA is FCS while ASU is FBS. In basketball UCA is every bit a D1 team as ASU is and for that matter as much as UALR and the UofA are. And even UAPB is classified a D1 team in basketball. So while the state of Arkansas has only two D1 teams in college football they have FIVE D1 teams in basketball. Regardless of how much smaller the schools themselves are compared to each other.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

UCA looked good against Army, and are a lot bigger than A-State.

UALR had a hard time with them and won 89-87 in OT at Conway.