Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State vs Texas State on ESPN2

Started by Seminole Indian, November 29, 2016, 07:03:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

6:30PM CT Saturday in San Marcos, Texas.

A-State (6-5, 6-1) opens as a 23-24 point favorite as they try again to win at least a share of the SBC title against league seller dweller Texas State (2-9, 0-7).

This follows a very entertaining game where A-State totally dominated the University of Louisiana Lafayette, but failed to capitalize on numerous opportunities to put the game away, before finding themselves on the short end of the stick when time expired.

Actually though they had won the game but the called TD was over ruled when the video replay official ruled their QB's knee was on the ground before the ball left his hand, something that their HC still thinks was the wrong call.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

holeinthewall

Anderson said himself the team is in hang over mode after the game Saturday. no way I would take ASU to cover that spread on the road. They should win but I think it will be much closer.

Seminole Indian

November 29, 2016, 08:32:59 am #2 Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:14:21 pm by Seminole Indian
That game was a Debbie Downer for everyone associated with their program for sure, and they better hope Texas State is a bad as advertised.

I would compare that loss to ULL to the Razorbacks losing to Missouri, as far as it's impact on the mood of their fan base and their opinion of the coaching staff, because there was absolutely no excuse for the game to have even been close, much less a loss. They had to go out of their way to lose the game.

There has been a lot of grumbling by their fans, and supporters since their 0-4 start, and loss to UCA, who have been making it very clear that they expect Anderson to make some changes in his staff after the season, and this game only adds fuel to the fire.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

November 30, 2016, 08:39:42 am #3 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:15:43 am by Seminole Indian
I would say, just  like after the UCA game, the focus appears to still be on the "what ifs"  of the last game, and actually the whole season, headed into the Texas State game.

Just not a lot of enthusiasm on part their fans, and the local media for this game, or even a bowl game,and it appears that most are ready to move on, and put this season , along with a few coaches,and their kicker, in the rear view mirror.

Certainly a change from a few years ago, when they would have been doing cart wheels, with even a season like this.