Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State manhandling Georgetown at Georgetown....

Started by hobhog, November 17, 2016, 07:15:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

FineAsSwine

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

hobhog

RaisinHog

They won !! Off topic but did Nick babb go to SMU or Iowa state I can't remember

hobhog

Dr. Starcs

hobhog

Biggus Piggus

This is crazy. Georgetown just lost by a point to Maryland, which is a good program of course.

Arkansas State survived 29 fouls and 18 turnovers. They ran better offense and rebounded well despite a major size disadvantage.

That's a factor that is unique to many of these Nov-Dec games. Major conference teams play mainly home games against mid- to low majors. To deal with the challenges of high-major basketball, these home teams usually start two or even three big men. Mid-majors tend to come in with four-guard lineups, and even their bigs are usually tweeners who are quicker.

If the major team has trouble matching up against a four-guard lineup, it might end up going small too and trying to play a foreign style.

ASU led 48-29 at halftime. That is impressive for a team that already had lost by 10 to North Dakota State (which is on the Razorbacks' schedule BTW).
[CENSORED]!

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 18, 2016, 07:44:55 am
We should add ASU to our schedule.

No we shouldn't. Everything to lose, nothing to gain.

EFBAB

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 18, 2016, 07:44:55 am
We should add ASU to our schedule.

Arkansas State would not help Arkansas's schedule strength at all. In their better seasons, they are close to the 150 mark in RPI. Usually they are below 200, and at times they have been close to 300.

You also know ASU would play out of their minds against the Razorbacks. So you get a tough game that doesn't look like one in RPI. It's a no-win situation.
[CENSORED]!

azhog10

This is a good win for us if we beat NDSU. By ASU winning it will boost NDSU which in turn will boost our RPI due to their RPI being better.

MountieDawg

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on November 18, 2016, 08:11:35 am
No we shouldn't. Everything to lose, nothing to gain.

EFBAB

Heck for that game ASU would bring more fans than were at the last game....There are 2 things to gain... 1) More than likely a packed house 2) It would bring interest to basketball earlier than January which could lead to more attendance for all games.

Every team in the country is playing in state rivalries in basketball except Arkansas.  The Hogs probably win 80 to 90 percent of the games.  I understand what I am typing will never happen, because the view on it from the Powers to Be are going to keep their opinions and fear of building another team.  If the worry is about Arkansas State's basketball program then the Razorback basketball program has much deeper issues than I thought.  Name the one 4 or 5 star player that would pick ASU or Arkansas if ASU won one game...  Name the one Razorback fan that would jump ship and start pulling for ASU instead?

My personal opinion with the depths of fan interest in November and December they should play ASU, UCA, UAPB and UALR in November and December and play Arkansas Tech or Ouchita in the exhibition games.  I will guarantee it would garner a more positive response from basketball fans than negative.  Plus I think the players would get up more for those games than Fort Wayne and Mt St Marys.
SEC!

GolfNut57

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 18, 2016, 07:28:28 am
This is crazy. Georgetown just lost by a point to Maryland, which is a good program of course.

Arkansas State survived 29 fouls and 18 turnovers. They ran better offense and rebounded well despite a major size disadvantage.

That's a factor that is unique to many of these Nov-Dec games. Major conference teams play mainly home games against mid- to low majors. To deal with the challenges of high-major basketball, these home teams usually start two or even three big men. Mid-majors tend to come in with four-guard lineups, and even their bigs are usually tweeners who are quicker.

If the major team has trouble matching up against a four-guard lineup, it might end up going small too and trying to play a foreign style.

ASU led 48-29 at halftime. That is impressive for a team that already had lost by 10 to North Dakota State (which is on the Razorbacks' schedule BTW).

Hate to be THAT guy but ASU suffered from some of the worst "home cooking" by the refs in that game you could have ever seen. The refs were biased and didn't even bother to hide it with the way they called fouls. NDSU shot 42 FTs that game when ASU was called for 35 fouls. Check out the box score.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400915896
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.