Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC-Themed Desserts including Groom's Cakes

Started by Dcace83, July 24, 2008, 01:51:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dcace83

Yep it's that time. I am looking for a good wedding cake idea for myself.

I just don't want the plain ole razorback logo that is on the side of the helmet.

Anyone have any pictures of some unique groom's cakes with the razorbacks as the theme?

Thanks in advance.
And if I had a gun, with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice. -Michael Scott

<--- I brought that avatar to Hogville. It's win I know.

tennhogfan

I'll attach mine as soon as my wife lets me know where I can find it....

Dcace83

I will be getting married Aug 9th.
And if I had a gun, with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice. -Michael Scott

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

B0SSH0GG

Quote from: Dcace83 on July 24, 2008, 01:51:47 pm

I just don't want the plain ole razorback logo that is on the side of the helmet.

Anyone have any pictures of some unique groom's cakes with the razorbacks as the theme?

Thanks in advance.

Go to Harp's. They do a Razorback shaped cake that looks pretty cool. My wife had them make me one for my birthday last year and it was very nice. Not too expensive either.
Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'!

tennhogfan

hogfan@heart

July 24, 2008, 02:23:41 pm #6 Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 02:29:44 pm by hogfan@heart
I had a good one. I will upload a picture of it tonight.

You might try Rick's bakery in NWA. The website is ricksbakery.com. They have several razorback cakes to choose from but I have no idea how expensive they are.

Marmot I like yours. Looks classy.

The Marmot

Quote from: Razorback56 on July 24, 2008, 02:22:56 pm
that is some quality right there marmot.

what is the razorback running through the A made of? 

The icing they use to shape the cakes and do things like the hog through the A kinda sucks. Its real thick and sort of rubbery. But the cake itself was great. The cupcakes were the best part as far as eating.

Thanks hogfan.....
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

oldfart

my wife makes wedding cakes as a hobby. to do the fancy stuff you have to use that fondant (crap) stuff for icing cause the regular cream icing wont hold up. 

The Marmot

Shelby Lynns in Springdale did mine.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

stronguard

My wife makes them.  The last grooms cake looked a lot like Tennhogfans, but it looked much bigger (4 sheet cakes covered to look like 1 field) and had the old fashioned Hog throught the "A" logo that looked so good.

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Mardi Hog Gras

Noboby beats Rick's Bakery cakes in Fayetteville. His Hog cakes rock!

http://www.ricksbakery.com/Razorbacks.html

hogansas

I had a 3-D razorback cake for my birthday one year.  Didn't have one for my wedding.  We walked down the isle to the fight song, though.
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

chortle

_Collin1

Thanks in advance.

I had a Razorback as my groom cake... about 3 feet long.  Guess I wont post a pic since you dont want that.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

_Collin1

Quote from: Mardi Hog Gras on July 24, 2008, 03:16:25 pm

Rick's is where we got ours.  Rick's food is great but we ran into two problems with them when it came to our wedding.  We were married Thanksgiving weekend 2005 (I planned it that way cause the Hog game was on Friday!!).  Rick's shutdown shop on Wednesday afternoon so we had the wedding cake (4 tier) and the Razorback cake sent to our reception site at Gaylord's.  It sat in the freezer there for 4 days.  That was a hassle but nothing bad happened to the cake EXCEPT our Ivory white cake was delivered to Gaylord's piss yellow.

Yeah, great wedding pics with a piss yellow cake.  I LOVE RICK'S, I love the food, I love having coffee and Breakfast there.  But the whole cake was frustrating/disappointing process.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

razorbacksam

Got this from Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville...  very good and bigger than it looks here.

Austin Sowers

I'm on vacation right now.  When I get home I'll upload mine.  We got ours from Shelby Lynns in Springdale as well.  It was sweet. 

Mitch C

Thanks in advance.
If you're getting the milk free, don't buy the cow!

George S. Pigton

Go with Rick's, we always get cookies and brownies decorated with Hogs for our
tailgates and you can't beat them.  They also did our wedding cake and grooms
cake.

Excellent!
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

ehogfan08

Quote from: Mardi Hog Gras on July 24, 2008, 03:16:25 pm

Those... look... AMAZING!

junkyardhog

has anyone seen a cake with the BWA court w/ hog in the middle?

ive been messing this up/waiting to late for 9 years and need to get one this year. This november will be our 10th anniversary. Since we got married center court of BWA ,ive been wanting to get us a cake that looks like the court.. we were in college and paid for our own wedding. we forgot to get a cake. so every year i say i will get a cake and forget. I live in Tacoma so would i need to get an image for someone to make it up here?
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

Flatfoot

My wedding was on Oct 5, 2002 the night of the six overtime game against Tennessee.  I told my wife that she couldn't gripe for at least ten years.  So far so good.  Got a little over 4 years left. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

endub

My vote goes to Rick's, have had several cakes from them and there all turned out great.
"I jus wanna know where da gold at."

Texman

Just curious.  Is it real common that people in Arkansas that get married have a Razorback themed wedding?

El Puerco Grande

Not as common as the bride and groom sharing DNA, like it is in Texas.
How 'bout them hogs?

junkyardhog

We were both Razorback fans and thought it would be cool to get married center court BWA.Especially when it had never been done before. Add the fact that is was a free venue for us and we were paying for the wedding.We initially got turned down b/c they didn't want that to be something happening on the regular. Then Fred V. decided since we were both students and full time employees of the UA that they would make an exception but we had to keep it on the low.No announcement in the paper , which was fine with us. we ended up having the Ladybacks basketball in our wedding also which was kinda cool definitely unexpected. Gary Blair made it a very awesome and unorthodox ceremony. He didn't even know about it until my wife and I were standing courtside in our tux and dress yet he made some big decisions in it.Half his team wore their red jerseys on my wife's side and half wore the white jerseys on my side. Definitely not how a typical south arkansas wedding goes.

It might not be the norm, but it does seperate the casual and the lifeblood fans.
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

El Puerco Grande

Sounds regal, and quite beautiful to me. WPS!
How 'bout them hogs?

Mitch C

Quote from: Texman on July 24, 2008, 08:35:28 pm
Just curious.  Is it real common that people in Arkansas that get married have a Razorback themed wedding?
Only if they are not brother and sister.

JoeB_Hawg

George S. Pigton

Junkyard, I have seen Ricks do a BWA Court Cake before, give them a call.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

farhan

Im with you man...I am a hog fan, but not that dedicated lol.

hogfan56

July 25, 2008, 09:28:27 am #32 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 09:30:09 am by hogfan56
Here is a picture of mine

NMHog

I'm not sure I can find a picture of mine, but it was awesome.  I gave the cake lady my Hog hat and asked her to make a cake mold out of it.  She did a great job in making my Hog hat grooms' cake.  It was a chocolate cake with red icing.
Debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid-off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice. - Dave Ramsey

DeuceHawg

Ricks is always a good choice for anything.  That place is an institution.

RazorsEdge

If you want something different, I would recommend going with golden handcuffs.

girliehog

My husband and I are huge hog fans (which is why we waited until December 13th to get married), and it never occurred to either of us to do a hog cake.  Those are some really cool cakes though.  We had a three-dimensional ball and chain cake.
If those at the end of the game had been lawn darts instead of footballs, our guys wouldn't have gotten up.

Dcace83

Quote from: JoeB_Hawg on July 24, 2008, 09:14:20 pm
I dare you to get this one!

Rofl nice.

On a side note thanks a ton guys. Really appreciate all the help.

Although all of these are very nice and much better than anything thus far, think I am going to go with Marmot's cake.

Thanks again!

J.A.Y.

I had a 3D hog hat cake.

It was awesome, we got more compliments from everyone on the razorback cake than the wedding cake.

I will post a pic this weekend for ya.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

kimjongsqUeAl

Awesome grooms cake posted here!   I had a Razorback grooms cake myself.  It wasn't as fancy as the ones above but it was good enough.  I highly suggest it.  It's something you'll remember for the rest of your life.  Make sure you take plenty of pics before the guests tear into it obviously. 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

razorback44

Auburn bride's parents paid for the Bama grooms cake and got the last laugh.   

http://twitpic.com/2tcn1q

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

losthawg68

Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

Burt B.

porkinsons disease

That's inviting an "accident".  Don't cross the bammers.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

baitshop

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Roadrunner

houndstooth is fugly anyway, but on a cake?
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

FaytownHog