Previous topic - Next topic

southarkhog06

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 08:13:35 pm
South Carolina vs Arkansas
Winning percentage: USC- .6842  Ark- .6491
RPI: USC- 13. Ark- 31
Strength of Schedule: USC- 17.  Ark- 47

Now, what facts are you referring to?
Since UCA won 2 of 3 from Miss. state earlier this year, should they be hosting over the Bulldogs?
good you just did what the commitee does picked a side and pulled out "facts" to justify your decision. but getting swept 3 times and once at your place doesnt scream "we should host" to anyone except the commitee, scar fans, and you guys wanting to argue with us saying the commitee made the wrong decision and say "grrrrrr prove it on the field dont complain about it grrrrrrr"

Bohemond

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 27, 2013, 08:16:26 pm
so good coach hires(my opinion), excellent revenue for the athletic department, growing of the brand, facilities upgrades, and finally bringing the razorbacks into the modern business way of handling things and away from the gobn(my opinion). all that be darned cuz this guy looks like he may be promoting himself. ok you are entitled to your opinion. either way using us not hosting as a way to take a shot at long makes it appear that you hate him.

You're arguing with yourself. I NEVER said it was his fault . I implied that his reputation and lack of connections has made his athletic teams easy victims of the "good ol boys". He is obviously not one of them.

Bohemond

Jeff long is a wienie
I'm done
Moving on

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 27, 2013, 08:26:20 pm
good you just did what the commitee does picked a side and pulled out "facts" to justify your decision. but getting swept 3 times and once at your place doesnt scream "we should host" to anyone except the commitee, scar fans, and you guys wanting to argue with us saying the commitee made the wrong decision and say "grrrrrr prove it on the field dont complain about it grrrrrrr"

Well, since the Committee is the one group who has the final say, the "facts" that I presented must be the ones that matter. As for complaining, all I'm saying is your complaining won't do a darn bit of good. So instead of wasting your breath "griping and moaning" about not hosting, just concentrate on winning in Manhattan. It's like deciding to boycott McDonalds because they screwed up your order. Do you think they are going to change the sign from "over a Billion served" because you don't like something?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Phurba Tashi on May 27, 2013, 08:29:31 pm
Jeff long is a wienie
I'm done
Moving on

Jerry Seinfeld: (To Kramer) Boy, you can really talk some trash.
Jerry Seinfeld: [to George] I guess that's better than eating it.

N HOG

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 08:25:58 pm
What facts am I ignoring?

SEC finish -- Arkansas 3rd, SC 4th

National Ranking -- Arkansas 12th, SC 18th

SEC Record -- Arkansas 20-11, SC 17-14

Record against Top 50 -- Arkansas 17-16, SC 11-14

Record in SEC Tournament -- Arkansas 2-1, SC 0-2.

Record vs. Each Other -- Arkansas 3-0, SC 0-3.

EVERYONE knows the RPI system initiated this year is a joke. Even the committee knows it, but they played the game anyway. If you read the SC message boards, even their fans admit that Arkansas had the better case to host.

The biggest statistic that hurt Arkansas:

Number of former ADs on the committee -- Arkansas 0, SC 1. (Everybody knows that, too, including Texas A&M, which got in the tournament at a ridiculous Number 2 Seed because that's where he is now).

southarkhog06

Quote from: Phurba Tashi on May 27, 2013, 08:27:52 pm
You're arguing with yourself. I NEVER said it was his fault . I implied that his reputation and lack of connections has made his athletic teams easy victims of the "good ol boys". He is obviously not one of them.
well i have no connections to have any idea who the good ole boys are and whos in thier network and so on and so forth, so i guess you could be just as right as anyone else in that regard.

ghostzapper

Anybody dislike where we sit in the tourney?  I like our chances with the draw we got.  Quit bellyaching.

N HOG

Quote from: ghostzapper on May 27, 2013, 08:43:23 pm
Anybody dislike where we sit in the tourney?  I like our chances with the draw we got.  Quit bellyaching.

Do you mean do I like not being at Baum after finishing 3rd in the SEC and 12th in the country?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: N HOG on May 27, 2013, 08:41:14 pm
SEC finish -- Arkansas 3rd, SC 4th

National Ranking -- Arkansas 12th, SC 18th

SEC Record -- Arkansas 20-11, SC 17-14

Record against Top 50 -- Arkansas 17-16, SC 11-14

Record in SEC Tournament -- Arkansas 2-1, SC 0-2.

Record vs. Each Other -- Arkansas 3-0, SC 0-3.

EVERYONE knows the RPI system initiated this year is a joke. Even the committee knows it, but they played the game anyway. If you read the SC message boards, even their fans admit that Arkansas had the better case to host.

The biggest statistic that hurt Arkansas:

Number of former ADs on the committee -- Arkansas 0, SC 1. (Everybody knows that, too, including Texas A&M, which got in the tournament at a ridiculous Number 2 Seed because that's where he is now).

Then I suggest you call the NCAA and voice your displeasure. If they decide to let the Hogs host, please let us know.

The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222
Phone: 317/917-6222
Fax: 317/917-6888

N HOG

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 08:45:39 pm
Then I suggest you call the NCAA and voice your displeasure. If they decide to let the Hogs host, please let us know.

700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222

Great retort.

ghostzapper

Quote from: N HOG on May 27, 2013, 08:45:09 pm
Do you mean do I like not being at Baum after finishing 3rd in the SEC and 12th in the country?

I get that.  But we got a good draw to get us to Omaha.  In the end, which would you rather have?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: N HOG on May 27, 2013, 08:47:52 pm
Great retort.

Hey, you are the one crying about not hosting. All I'm saying is that nothing can be done about it now and whining won't change anything. So just accept it and move on dude.

N HOG

Quote from: ghostzapper on May 27, 2013, 08:48:17 pm
I get that.  But we got a good draw to get us to Omaha.  In the end, which would you rather have?

I agree with you that they threw us a decent bone after hosing us.

My biggest complaint is the blatant USCe-A&M favoritism with the former and current AD involved on the committee.

Actually, the 2 Seed for A&M is the biggest joke of all.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: N HOG on May 27, 2013, 08:51:33 pm
I agree with you that they threw us a decent bone after hosing us.

My biggest complaint is the blatant USCe-A&M favoritism with the former and current AD involved on the committee.

Actually, the 2 Seed for A&M is the biggest joke of all.

Agreed.

southarkhog06

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 08:45:39 pm

700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
i dont understand why you are so determined in this. this is a razorback baseball msg board for ppl to share thier oppinion. nothing any fan says here is going to have any bearing on how the team plays, niether is what any player tweets.

N HOG

Quote from: N HOG on May 27, 2013, 08:47:52 pm
Great retort.

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 08:50:02 pm
Hey, you are the one crying about not hosting. All I'm saying is that nothing can be done about it now and whining won't change anything. So just accept it and move on dude.

Okay. No problem.

Sorry you weren't impressed with the "facts" you requested.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 27, 2013, 08:53:34 pm
i dont understand why you are so determined in this. this is a razorback baseball msg board for ppl to share thier oppinion. nothing any fan says here is going to have any bearing on how the team plays, niether is what any player tweets.

Ha! I'm no more determined than those who are so outraged over the Hogs not hosting. As for nothing any fan says having any bearing...you are exactly right. But some people seem to think that complaining will change things, which is absurd. I'm just engaging in friendly banter On a message board. I am a die-hard Hog fan who realizes that we probably got hosed, but can also see how our team played itself out of hosting. Lighten up folks....geez.

southarkhog06

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 09:00:02 pm
Ha! I'm no more determined than those who are so outraged over the Hogs not hosting. As for nothing any fan says having any bearing...you are exactly right. But some people seem to think that complaining will change things, which is absurd. I'm just engaging in friendly banter On a message board. I am a die-hard Hog fan who realizes that we probably got hosed, but can also see how our team played itself out of hosting. Lighten up folks....geez.
fair enough

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: N HOG on May 27, 2013, 08:53:59 pm
Okay. No problem.

Sorry you weren't impressed with the "facts" you requested.

Doesn't matter if I am impressed or not...I wasn't on the committee. I think we got hosed. But I also realize there isn't a darned thing we can do about it.

N HOG

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 09:01:58 pm
Doesn't matter if I am impressed or not...I wasn't on the committee. I think we got hosed. But I also realize there isn't a darned thing we can do about it.

Okay. I'll never complain about anything in the future if there is nothing I can do about it. Especially not on a sports message board.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: N HOG on May 27, 2013, 09:06:38 pm
Okay. I'll never complain about anything in the future if there is nothing I can do about it. Especially not on a sports message board.

That's up to you. Got to pick your battles, dude.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 07:59:38 pm
And please explain how crying on Twitter or calling the Committee members will change anything?
the only thing it will change is that we'll get Perry Costello following us around behind the plate everywhere we go
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 09:01:58 pm

There is one thing - go to Manhattan, stomp the dog out of a couple teams, go to Oregon State, eliminate the national seed, and crash the party at Omaha. When the media wants interviews about how we got there, tell them to eat cake and talk to USCe, who isn't there.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 27, 2013, 09:09:05 pm
the only thing it will change is that we'll get Perry Costello following us around behind the plate everywhere we go

Ha!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 27, 2013, 09:09:39 pm
There is one thing - go to Manhattan, stomp the dog out of a couple teams, go to Oregon State, eliminate the national seed, and crash the party at Omaha. When the media wants interviews about how we got there, tell them to eat cake and talk to USCe, who isn't there.

Now this is the right attitude!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 27, 2013, 09:10:31 pm
Now this is the right attitude!
I've noticed something in your avatar that I had never picked-up before...its how great we have the Duke players 'blocked out' if there was a miss...we get that rebound unless it comes off long and not many of Scottie's shots came hard off the rim because of his soft touch....the BIG NASTY has Cherokee Parks locked in a vice with his right elbow and I think that's Darnell Robinson who is in the lane too in good position...we score on the 'put back' even if Thurman's shot doesn't go down....but the dagger hit its mark and the Duke Blue Devils went away mad after playing for the NC in their home state

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 27, 2013, 09:22:00 pm
I've noticed something in your avatar that I had never picked-up before...its how great we have the Duke players 'blocked out' if there was a miss...we get that rebound unless it comes off long and not many of Scottie's shots came hard off the rim because of his soft touch....the BIG NASTY has Cherokee Parks locked in a vice with his right elbow and I think that's Darnell Robinson who is in the lane too in good position...we score on the 'put back' even if Thurman's shot doesn't go down....but the dagger hit its mark and the Duke Blue Devils went away playing for the NC in their home state

Actually, that is Corey Beck, not Darnell, in the lane in perfect position for the miss. Clint mcDaniel is also in the lane on the near side towards Scotty. Corey had to come out later for a cut on his wrist. His toughness & leadership is often overlooked.

Sorry, I know it is Extra Innings....just had to elaborate.

[attachment deleted by admin]

cosmodrum

Don't lose 4/5 against Nebraska and Auburn and I'd have a much bigger problem.
Go away, batin'

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on May 27, 2013, 04:34:29 pm
Why do you think we do?

Baum has always seemed to me (limited exposure, admittedly) too much like a basketball or football environment. Baseball is not a hyped emotional sport. I think the good crowd tends to overhype the offense, in particular.

Pitching is the key to winning on the road. They seem to respond better to the "chip on the shoulder" approach.

Maybe I'm reaching....
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 27, 2013, 09:57:53 pm
Don't lose 4/5 against Nebraska and Auburn and I'd have a much bigger problem.
agreed....I think the trip to Lincoln pretty much doomed this team to a #2 seed no matter what it did the rest of the season...in particular, the "no hitter" hurled against us by 3 differing pitchers.. one might understand a single pitcher catching "lightning in a bottle and pitching a no hitter", but 3 pitchers ? that has to be the most perplexing game by a Hog baseball team since I can remember..I can't even imagine Tennessee or Mizzou going into Nebraska and performing so poorly

BorderPatrol

This thread is full of Phurba Tashi fail.

bp

Mr. Hog

Dang, why don't you guys just call each other or better yet meet somewhere and duke it out?
Go Hogs Go!