Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am not trying

Started by porkrindjimmy, November 11, 2017, 02:22:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

To pile on but the last 4 minutes of the game explains Bret's whole tenure here.

Why in the world would you bring Cole in at that point? The guy was obviously hurt. If you were trying to create a spark, start him at the start of the 2nd half. You don't bring an injured player in so he can get some face time in front of his home crowd.

Just mind numbing decisions for 5 years.

PRJ

lumphog

Atlhogfan1

We had a good drive to end first half.  That's probably why.

After AA underthrew the potential TD in the 3rd, CK should have been put in. 

No issue CK finishing.  AA wasn't good. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 11, 2017, 02:25:24 pm
We had a good drive to end first half.  That's probably why.

After AA underthrew the potential TD in the 3rd, CK should have been put in. 

No issue CK finishing.  AA wasn't good. 

The guy is hurt. You want to play him, play him when we still have a chance to win the game.

PRJ

26.2Hog

It's just more of the same Bret ball.  And like you said, it's been going on for 5 years.

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 11, 2017, 02:26:48 pm
The guy is hurt. You want to play him, play him when we still have a chance to win the game.

PRJ

Bert is always a day late and a dollar short.   Well except for meals.  He is always on time for those and has plenty of cash.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 11, 2017, 02:26:48 pm

PRJ

26-10 with 7 left.  Not completely over.

But I did agree he should have played earlier. If he was well enough to play in the 4th he could have played earlier. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

idochog

I'm done with the stay puff marshmallow head coach
I love Jesus!

Dahogs

The play calling on Kelly's first drive on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 was terrible.  I put that on coaches!

The Pulse

Didn't cover the spread PRJ. I would say that counts as 'not keeping it close'

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: The Pulse on November 11, 2017, 02:38:10 pm

You may be on to something....

PRJ

Jack The BN

It wasn't Coach's fault. Just too many injuries this year.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

ricepig

Quote from: The Pulse on November 11, 2017, 02:38:10 pm

It's not our fault LSU switched kickers......

Dark Helmet Hog

Just ready for this mess to be over.

Playing time for CK was odd

Not playing hammonds inexcusable

Horrible 4th down sneak.

Bad, bad, bad.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 11, 2017, 02:22:49 pm
To pile on but the last 4 minutes of the game explains Bret's whole tenure here.

Why in the world would you bring Cole in at that point? The guy was obviously hurt. If you were trying to create a spark, start him at the start of the 2nd half. You don't bring an injured player in so he can get some face time in front of his home crowd.

Just mind numbing decisions for 5 years.

PRJ
No one has to try piling on this dung heap. It's already been building higher and higher since the beginning of CBB's tenure.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Jack The BN on November 11, 2017, 02:41:37 pm
It wasn't Coach's fault. Just too many injuries this year.
One should always ensure he/she pushes the sarcasm button when making such statements.

hoglady

Pretty deep in our own territory for CK to be brought in the game.

That whole series was messed up.
3rd and 2 deep in your own territory and no RB touches the ball on 3rd or 4th down????
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 11, 2017, 03:13:37 pm
Just ready for this mess to be over.

It's been over for quite some time.  It just won't end.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?