Chapel Hill

Corvallis

Fullerton

Gainesville

Lubbock

Nashville

Fayetteville

rightdp

I'm not surprised by most of these but I don't understand Florida at all. Do they just not like baseball down there?  One of the best pitching matchups of the year and their Gators are the #1 overall seed? That's the most support they can get?  As an elite recruit, why wouldn't you want to come to Arkansas?? I have a lot of questions...

bulldog04

Quote from: rightdp on June 10, 2018, 12:52:17 am
I'm not surprised by most of these but I don't understand Florida at all. Do they just not like baseball down there?  One of the best pitching matchups of the year and their Gators are the #1 overall seed? That's the most support they can get?  As an elite recruit, why wouldn't you want to come to Arkansas?? I have a lot of questions...
And they are building a stadium with a capacity of 10k

HogFansReunited

I honestly thought there was more than 12k there tonight.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

It looked and sounded impressive on TV that's for sure.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

JHicks3636

Quote from: rightdp on June 10, 2018, 12:52:17 am

The capacity of their present stadium is only 5500 but it is bad that they are the Top seeded team and couldn't fill that up. It is a plain ugly stadium. They really did need a new one. Maybe it will help their attendance.
https://floridagators.com/facilities/?id=3

Kenny Sowers

I think that attendance for Corvallis was a record as well.
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

Mikey

I doubt any of these players will get to play in front of this many people until/if they at least reach AAA ball.

McKdaddy

Why don't other schools like baseball?
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

TebowHater

Quote from: rightdp on June 10, 2018, 12:47:59 am
Austin

Chapel Hill

Corvallis

Fullerton

Gainesville

Lubbock

Nashville

Fayetteville

Our gymnastics team draws more fans than everywhere up there but Texas...for a routine conference meet--not even post season! That's incredible. We may be a "small state" with a small population but our fans are awesome.

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: McKdaddy on June 10, 2018, 10:00:20 am
Why don't other schools like baseball?

Baum is an  amazing stadium and we really are spoiled to have such a great place to watch baseball.   Pair that up with the benefits of being able to drink in the hog pen and it creates an atmosphere that most places don't have.   

Andrew Hogfan

The hog call sounded so good on TV last night in my living room.  At least 3 times I heard it and got chills.  It was great.
WPS!!!

YtownHog

Realistically, if seats were available what size crowd could we reach in a deal like this?  14k, 15k?

Razrpig256

Quote from: YtownHog on June 10, 2018, 10:20:44 am
Realistically, if seats were available what size crowd could we reach in a deal like this?  14k, 15k?

I would've said 13K until I saw last night. They announced it as a sellout early last week but it was only the third largest crowd in stadium history (in tickets sold, not actual attendance). If that was a sellout, I don't see how they could possibly surpass that again. Maybe they don't sell as many general admission tickets as they used to for some reason.

Edit: Maybe I didn't fully understand your question. If they had the seats to do it, they could probably get 13-14K like MSU does sometimes.

ErykofArkansas

On big days like this I wish our Stadium sat like 15k.  But then you got to think about during the year, it would make the stadium look empty if we didnt show up to fill those seats.

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: ErykofArkansas on June 10, 2018, 10:34:41 am
On big days like this I wish our Stadium sat like 15k.  But then you got to think about during the year, it would make the stadium look empty if we didnt show up to fill those seats.
If you build it,  they will come

ErykofArkansas

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on June 10, 2018, 10:37:16 am
If you build it,  they will come

I do not disagree, But you got to look at the whole year, instead of just post season, If we on average can fill up the stadium 11k to 12k throughout the year then sure lets expand lets make This the Meca of College baseball with a statement stadium.  Our stadium already is beautiful, but fill it up constantly then show the world that we love arkansas baseball and constantly keep our stadiums fuller.  Then make it 15-16k.    As a player it would be amazing to play in front of 15-16k screaming fans.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on June 10, 2018, 10:12:28 am
Baum is an  amazing stadium and we really are spoiled to have such a great place to watch baseball.   Pair that up with the benefits of being able to drink in the hog pen and it creates an atmosphere that most places don't have.

SEC area fans (well, other than Florida and baseball) love their sports.  Look at college football attendance.  Look at college baseball attendance.  Northern areas are more professional sports oriented; southern areas more college oriented.  That being said, we can and should be proud of how our small state supports the UofA in general and the baseball team in particular.  It's pretty unprecedented.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Supermark101

I wish they'd go ahead and fill in the lake and set up.right field like left. They're gonna have to do this anyway when they put boxes in left, and it can't cost much to do it.

3kgthog

The announcer during the Oregon St. game actually said he couldn't imagine there are any better fans than in Corvallis. I had to change the channel after that idiotic statement.

fishes2000

I thought we were going to add suites in right field behind the bullpen.

Hawgvillain

Look at Bud Walton as a comparable. Personally, I'd rather have a nice stadium that's consistently 80%+ full rather than a stadium that can max out but is half empty most of the year.

Supermark101

Quote from: fishes2000 on June 10, 2018, 01:26:48 pm
I thought we were going to add suites in right field behind the bullpen.

Actually there putting them on both sides. I forgot about the ones in right.

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=633574.0

respirback

Yesterday's attendance count had to be wrong. I was there when the record was set against USC earlier this year. There were far more people there yesterday.

Cinco de Hogo

And yet according to ESPN, and even worse our own SECN, there is not enough baseball support in Arkansas or amongst Razorback fans nationwide to cover Arkansas baseball like a...say Tennessee Tech or Vanderbilt.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on June 10, 2018, 07:00:14 pm
What was today's?
Why do you care? You're the idiot that bashes our coach and players when the chips are down. Get lost you POS.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on June 10, 2018, 07:00:14 pm
What was today's?

Can you find the negative to almost 11,500 people paying to support this team?

SPAL

60 day vacation for that guy courtesy of Wilson. He will not be a problem going forward.

Razorback7281

Quote from: rightdp on June 10, 2018, 12:47:59 am
Austin

Chapel Hill

Corvallis

Fullerton

Gainesville

Lubbock

Nashville

Fayetteville

Would love to see a breakdown like this for the whole weekend.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

JaketheSnake

Announcers at the stadium last night said total SR attendance was 33k plus