Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"The most important financial lesson of your life."

Started by OldPoop, January 10, 2012, 03:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OldPoop

A year or so ago someone in this forum mentioned the book "The Creature From Jekyll Island" but I never got around to reading it.   This is supposedly chapter 10 from the book.  If it is typical of the rest of the book I will have to get it.

IMO this is a must read.   
Set aside 30 min of private time and a strong cup of coffee.   If you get bored or frustrated at first, push on, it gets better.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/jekyll.htm
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

snoblind

Good article.  Cue the usual suspects to show up and dismiss it completely.

OldPoop

Quote from: snoblind on January 20, 2012, 01:33:02 pm
Cue the usual suspects to show up and dismiss it completely.

Either it's too difficult to plow through, or the information is too difficult to refute.   I thought I had a good understanding of fractional banking and debt based currency, but that went beyond my previous knowledge.

This is a video of Michael Maloney, my favorite guy (next to Stewart Thomson) because 3 years ago I somehow stumbled onto his book and it woke me up just enough to cause me to start doing my own reading and research to see if he is right.  He is.  He made me a lot of currency. . . . . and money (a least a lot for me, probably not that much to some folks on here).

http://goldsilver.com/video/ron-paul-and-mike-maloney-hit-it-out-of-the-park-gold-silver-and-debt-based-monetary-system/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Gold++Silver+Weekly+-+1+-+23+-+2012&utm_content=Gold++Silver+Weekly+-+1+-+23+-+2012+CID_6970712655a593d8d5a3afbd7e093edf&utm_source=GoldSilver+Email+Marketing&utm_term=Watch+this+Video
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

Masshog

Personally.... I think this is the most important financial lesson.....

My feets hurt.

snoblind

Quote from: Masshog on January 27, 2012, 06:44:42 pm
Personally.... I think this is the most important financial lesson.....

That's true too.