Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 time bombs that will blow up Wall Street!

Started by DeltaBoy, March 07, 2011, 08:53:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/four-time-bombs-that-will-blow-up-wall-street-2011-03-01

1. Wealth gap: Super-Rich vs class wars, death of democracy.

2. Wall Street's doomsday capitalism vs rule by anarchy.

3. Pentagon's perpetual war machine vs America's budget time bomb.

4. Global population explosion vs resources, jobs, better lifestyles.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OldPoop

I'm not really sure what to make of this guy.  If he was just saying we're doomed because of the impossible to repay debt that the government has hung around our necks, I would agree.

But Capitalism is dead, the evil Pentagon's war machine, and a revolution will fix everything, IMO are straight out of the far left radical handbook.  Everyone by now should know my feelings on the banksters, but if this guy's type of thinking becomes the norm, we will be living under a dictator within my lifetime, and our stocks and PMs will not help us much.
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

Singha Hog

Perpetual war machine should help alleviate global population explosion.

Just sayin'