Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Please move or delete if wrong forum) Jim Lindsay / Jim Lindsay Jr.

Started by vandybuff, February 26, 2010, 07:16:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

The gentleman taking the huge Chapter 7 bankruptcy ..... is that the UA-affiliated Jim Lindsay's son?

Thanks.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

aristotle

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

vandybuff

what I read is 'best case' is 100 million short; worst case three or four times that.  The oddity is the exposure of Arkansas banks, assuming a near best case and favorable asset disposal of the repo, will loose as much on this one incident as all 2009 writeoffs.

HogSophist

It does when his father, one of the hogs large benefactors, has been paying his bills the past year, trying to keep him afloat and his connections in place.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

IronHog

Quote from: BEvERage on February 26, 2010, 08:05:52 pm
yep, this relates to football.

1.  You won't see another basketball coach.....

2.  That Central Arkansas booster money might have more sway after this......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

EasyB

I'm sure Jim will be there to support his son but you can bet that pops will keep his money.  The support will be in the form of advice and encouragement but stop short of any monetary bailout to his son or banks. 

Ghost Writer in the Sty

In the filing, assets of 10 to 50 million, liabilities of 100 to 500 million.   Some pretty serious numbers for someone his age, or for any age actually.

Hard to believe that 14 different banks got caught in this deal.  I know NW Ark real estate became extremely overdeveloped and over priced but where was there any due diligence by the banks.  Were they loaning JD based entirely on his father's reputation (then).  Dare to say Jim's rep will decline tremendously from his son's huge problems.

Jerry Jones' neice's ex husband, Brandon Barber, filed maybe a year earlier but the figures were only maybe a tenth of J.D. Lindsey's, debts of 65 million or so.

There is nothing to indicate that Jim Lindsey and his companies also have debt/development loan problems but who knows?

Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

vandybuff

Quote from: Ghost Writer in the Sty on February 26, 2010, 08:55:32 pm
In the filing, assets of 10 to 50 million, liabilities of 100 to 500 million.   Some pretty serious numbers for someone his age, or for any age actually.

Hard to believe that 14 different banks got caught in this deal.  I know NW Ark real estate became extremely overdeveloped and over priced but where was there any due diligence by the banks.  Were they loaning JD based entirely on his father's reputation (then).  Dare to say Jim's rep will decline tremendously from his son's huge problems.

Jerry Jones' neice's ex husband, Brandon Barber, filed maybe a year earlier but the figures were only maybe a tenth of J.D. Lindsey's, debts of 65 million or so.

There is nothing to indicate that Jim Lindsey and his companies also have debt/development loan problems but who knows?

No matter the whats and whys, these are huge spreads from asset value to liability. 

Boarcephus

Didn't JDL get heavily involved in the upper end, spec home building and this is where he got into trouble?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

vandybuff

Quote from: Boar on February 27, 2010, 10:47:28 am
Just walk away scot free from a $100,000,000+ theft...or Chapter 7...same thing.  We live in a severely screwed up world.  He should have to go to prison for life.
we live in a world that implicitly penalizes good business practices with the costs of the devious and ignorant.  plus one to you, sir.

snoblind

Quote from: Ghost Writer in the Sty on February 26, 2010, 08:55:32 pm
In the filing, assets of 10 to 50 million, liabilities of 100 to 500 million.   Some pretty serious numbers for someone his age, or for any age actually.

The key phrase of your was "due diligence"; there wasn't much.  ANB had a loan up in Idaho for over $5M.  According to the article I read there was never any type of appraisal done and they kept doling out the $ without a single on site inspection to verify there was anything actually being done.  Ans this was a bank where the fricking bank examiners were there for a year before they shut it down.  I knew the insanity level had been reached when I read of a deal for $144M to buy a farm and develop a new subdivision east of Springdale at a time when there were supposedly 9 years of lots platted available to build on when compared to on actual sales of homes.

Ash

Notice the family partnership and his dad are on the list of folks he owed money to. One great thing about the GOB state of Arkansas is how easy it is to get loans if you have the right last name.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.