Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Started by pgmhawg, June 04, 2009, 11:37:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pgmhawg

June 04, 2009, 11:37:31 am Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:35:41 pm by pgmhawg
 ::)

john c

Quote from: pgmhawg on June 04, 2009, 11:37:31 am
My name is Paul McCutchen and I just noticed this forum today and wanted to offer my services. I'm a financial advisor for Edward Jones in Bentonville and I will be happy to help any one on the board with their investment questions or needs. Feel free to contact me anytime at my office 479.273.5408 or email me at paul.mccutchen@edwardjones.com

OK, then.  Gotta invest, today, in either BAC, F or UNG.  All in one.  Which one and why.

SultanofSwine

June 04, 2009, 01:17:42 pm #2 Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:20:15 pm by SultanofSwine
Lookin foward to the reply.

John is there a rationale for those 3 choices? Would be curious as too that as well.

john c

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 04, 2009, 01:17:42 pm
Lookin forward to the reply.

John is there a rationale for those 3 choices? Would be curious as too that as well.

In my personal stock investing schemes there is absolutely nothing rational.  I bailed out of the market several years ago when I thought P/Es were getting out of control.  When the collapse began I started looking at possibilities and along with a few others we developed our 5-5-5-500 plan - (5 guys buying 5 stocks that within 5 years will go up 500%).  (Also had a 3-3-300 plan).  The 5 were BAC, C, F, UNG, TCK.

We all bought in at pretty much the same time.  Sell and/or additional buy-ins are varying.  Everyone bailed out of C shortly after the initial buy-ins.

SultanofSwine

I actually had asked why C wasnt in the line up and then deleted that part out of my reply ;D

SultanofSwine

why the Nat Gas etf for a 5 year window?

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 04, 2009, 03:48:04 pm

Cause that's the way he rolls, Sultan.  If you want some REAL advice call me!! ;D
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

Member #:  9524

SultanofSwine

Dont worry, I'm still buyin ammo ;)

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 04, 2009, 04:56:58 pm

Just ammo, no seeds, MRE's, or 20,000 gallon tanks of water.  How about a cave near Fifty-Six?
Upon the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that upon other fields; on other days, will bear the fruits of victory.  -Douglas MacArthur

SultanofSwine

With enough ammo I can "aquire" those other items ;)

How's thing up your way? Clients frowning less these days?

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 04, 2009, 05:20:25 pm
With enough ammo I can "aquire" those other items ;)

How's thing up your way? Clients frowning less these days?

Better, never was too bad, I guess I was lucky or good, okay lucky.  I am in a much better mood these days.  Thus, my poking fun at you.  Maybe Spare could help us with that cave.  Oh and is Mass rubbing elbows with the UHNW folks again?  I have been away some and haven't seen him post lately.

Hows life with you?

john c

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 04, 2009, 03:42:49 pm
I actually had asked why C wasnt in the line up and then deleted that part out of my reply ;D

We got out with good profit and nobody wanted back in.  Replacement is in the air.

john c

My picks in the 5 were BAC, C and F.  My brother-in-law picked UNG and TCK.  His reasons are too technical for me to understand.  I'll ask him tomorrow and post.

SpareRib

June 04, 2009, 10:47:05 pm #13 Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:25:19 pm by SpareRib
Cave?  Yup.  All I need is the ammo and MRE's.  Got my own "water tank" at Roundhouse. 

After lookin' at Mass's latest graph, I'm moving in this week.  ;)

(I need a tomato plant.  Anybody got a spare tomato plant?)
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

SultanofSwine

Quote from: BlackKnightHogFan on June 04, 2009, 05:27:16 pm
Better, never was too bad, I guess I was lucky or good, okay lucky.  I am in a much better mood these days.  Thus, my poking fun at you.  Maybe Spare could help us with that cave.  Oh and is Mass rubbing elbows with the UHNW folks again?  I have been away some and haven't seen him post lately.

Hows life with you?

Thought Mass had already gone to the cave but I see he came out for a peek. Things are good here, plenty busy and thankful for it.

aristotle

I'm long C, F, and GE all day. Waiting for a pull back to buy more in fact.

McKdaddy

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 05, 2009, 08:09:08 am
Things are good here, plenty busy and thankful for it.

Amen.

Economic downturns and the accompanying layoffs are a dual-edged sword in the financial advisory business . . . you hate to see people get laid off from a decent paying job; however, you appreciate receiving their lump-sum pensions + 401k's.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: SpareRib on June 04, 2009, 10:47:05 pm
Cave?  Yup.  All I need is the ammo and MRE's.  Got my own "water tank" at Roundhouse. 

After lookin' at Mass's latest graph, I'm moving in this week.  ;)

(I need a tomato plant.  Anybody got a spare tomato plant?)

I knew I could count on you for the cave part.  I've got some left over MREs from the early 1990s, will those work?

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 05, 2009, 08:09:08 am
Thought Mass had already gone to the cave but I see he came out for a peek. Things are good here, plenty busy and thankful for it.

Great and same for me, things are starting to break a little.

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: McKdaddy on June 05, 2009, 09:12:35 am
Amen.

Economic downturns and the accompanying layoffs are a dual-edged sword in the financial advisory business . . . you hate to see people get laid off from a decent paying job; however, you appreciate receiving their lump-sum pensions + 401k's.

Ditto.

SpareRib

Quote from: BlackKnightHogFan on June 05, 2009, 12:31:02 pm
I knew I could count on you for the cave part.  I've got some left over MREs from the early 1990s, will those work?

I ain't skeered of no 15 year old MRE's.  I served in the early 60's and we were still eating C-Rats and K-Rats left over from the WWII.  The ham and beans tasted just like the spaghetti and meat balls, and the cigarettes went up like a dynamite fuse.

Nope, I ain't skeered.

On another note, I keep seeing what I believe to be symptoms of an approaching top, e.g. -  The junk stocks are leaving the launch pad.  Keeping my powder dry, but for a few very short term trades.

Glad business is good for you guys.  But - if it turns south, I still need a couple of guys to cut firewood.

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: SpareRib on June 05, 2009, 12:45:34 pm
I ain't skeered of no 15 year old MRE's.  I served in the early 60's and we were still eating C-Rats and K-Rats left over from the WWII.  The ham and beans tasted just like the spaghetti and meat balls, and the cigarettes went up like a dynamite fuse.

Nope, I ain't skeered.

On another note, I keep seeing what I believe to be symptoms of an approaching top, e.g. -  The junk stocks are leaving the launch pad.  Keeping my powder dry, but for a few very short term trades.

Glad business is good for you guys.  But - if it turns south, I still need a couple of guys to cut firewood.

Hold one of those wood cutting positions for me.  I'm feeling better but I'm not feeling "safe" yet.  Know what I mean, Vern?

john c

B-I-Law said his basis is belief that the crude to Nat gas historical of around 6:1 will return during the next 5 years due to some of the possible events happening.  Current ratio is around 17:1.  So despite increasing volumes of gas supply there is real uncertainty about crude prices.  He expects circumstances to occur that will favorably affect ratio in NG's favor ( at current UNG prices).  Cap & Trade will favor the ratio dropping by increasing demand for NG.  Why UNG? Simple way to trade - no contracts.

john c

Quote from: aristotle on June 05, 2009, 08:51:10 am
I'm long C, F, and GE all day. Waiting for a pull back to buy more in fact.

So do you want to share your target price?

SpareRib

Quote from: john c on June 04, 2009, 12:06:59 pm
OK, then.  Gotta invest, today, in either BAC, F or UNG.  All in one.  Which one and why.

John - Did you get an answer for this one?

McKdaddy

Where did our friend's advertisement go?
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Masshog

Just taking a bit of a breather guys.  Ill be back strong when I come to... I mean, when I wake up. 
My feets hurt.

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: Masshog on June 05, 2009, 04:27:52 pm
Just taking a bit of a breather guys.  Ill be back strong when I come to... I mean, when I wake up. 

When you are gone for a few days, I get this image of you with glasses holed up in a little office buried in the depths of a building in MA with stacks and stacks of charts graphs and numbers...am I close?

Either that or fishing...right?

SpareRib

Quote from: BlackKnightHogFan on June 05, 2009, 05:01:09 pm
When you are gone for a few days, I get this image of you with glasses holed up in a little office buried in the depths of a building in MA with stacks and stacks of charts graphs and numbers...am I close?

Either that or fishing...right?

I think the stripers are running.

john c

hawgbawb

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 04, 2009, 04:56:58 pm

Are you waiting for the supply to catch up with demand?  Buy high/ sell low?
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Masshog

Headed for the Cape in just a few hours.  Here fishy fishy.... here fishy fishy...   ;)
My feets hurt.

SultanofSwine

Quote from: hawgbawb on June 06, 2009, 07:29:30 am
Are you waiting for the supply to catch up with demand?  Buy high/ sell low?

No selling, purely buy and hold or use as needed. Ammo supplies are in good enough shape now tha I can feed my family for a lllllooooonnnnnngggggggg time now if need be.

Road_Hog

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 07, 2009, 01:49:57 pm
No selling, purely buy and hold or use as needed. Ammo supplies are in good enough shape now tha I can feed my family for a lllllooooonnnnnngggggggg time now if need be.

I'll trade some fish for some of your deer meat good buddy.

SultanofSwine

You mean you are going to actually keep some fish???

Road_Hog

Quote from: SultanofSwine on June 08, 2009, 08:42:42 am
You mean you are going to actually keep some fish???

I will if need be.  We've kept bass before.  I grew up in the "catch and release era" and was in a bass club at 14. 

What I will not do is keep anything over 2 pounds or any smallmouth of any size.  The best way to do it is go to a lake that is crowded with Spotted bass and keep some in November or December.  The fish taste great in that cold water and you aren't messing with the spawn.

john c

The direction of this thread proves the point that all good conversation, regardless of where it starts, will end up about fishing, hunting and guns.  Now, which beer do you drink?  :)

BlackKnightHogFan

Quote from: MBoar on June 06, 2009, 12:11:11 pm
Got one picked out...off Cartwright rd. just up from Gunners Pool.

You renting out rooms?  Might want a quote on rent soon!

SultanofSwine

Quote from: john c on June 08, 2009, 02:06:27 pm
The direction of this thread proves the point that all good conversation, regardless of where it starts, will end up about fishing, hunting and guns.  Now, which beer do you drink?  :)

Cold and preferrably FREE ;)

SpareRib

SultanofSwine

Quote from: SpareRib on June 19, 2009, 02:49:20 pm
Slut!

Just cause my wife rents me out dont mean you gots to be so jealous. :P

SpareRib

Quote from: john c on June 08, 2009, 02:06:27 pm

Yep, always exit on a high note!   :D