Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20% Advance on S&P by Year End

Started by BlackKnightHogFan, November 10, 2008, 06:15:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Steef

Sorry to derail your derailment guys, but to get back to the point of the thread, if the DJ is gonna gain 20% by 1/1/09...is that 20% from where it was when this thread began? Or 20% from the pounding it took in the last two days?

'Cause from where I sit in the nosebleed cheap seats, it's goin' the wrong way to be gaining 20% anytime soon.

But that's just me.   :o

SpareRib

Quote from: Masshog on November 20, 2008, 05:22:24 pm
Thanks Chortle...its obvious to me at this juncture that ole Sparerib was toying with me.... sorry bastage.  ;)
Quote from: chortle on November 20, 2008, 04:22:25 pm

That should do it.

That's not how I did it.  Here's how I did it... and I can do it again!  8)

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

chortle

SpareRib

Actually I posted Medtronic for a reason.  That company is the primary reason I can fish a little today.  If there was ever an organization whose management I respect , it's these guys.

I divested myself of the last of my MDT 2 yrs ago, so have no skin in their game now - nevertheless seeing their close today at $29.04 saddens me.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

chortle

Quote from: SpareRib on November 20, 2008, 10:19:50 pm
Actually I posted Medtronic for a reason.  That company is the primary reason I can fish a little today.  If there was ever an organization whose management I respect , it's these guys.

I divested myself of the last of my MDT 2 yrs ago, so have no skin in their game now - nevertheless seeing their close today at $29.04 saddens me.

Don't know anything about them, but it sounds like value play to me?

Masshog

My feets hurt.

Masshog

You guys bes in serious trouble now!! Chortle or Spare, how do I make the size smaller? 
My feets hurt.

SultanofSwine

Quote from: Masshog on November 21, 2008, 04:27:54 am
You guys bes in serious trouble now!! Chortle or Spare, how do I make the size smaller? 

Well, they say if it dont get smaller in 4 hours, you better go see a doctor or get it bronzed. :P

SpareRib

Quote from: SultanofSwine on November 21, 2008, 08:16:15 am
Well, they say if it dont get smaller in 4 hours, you better go see a doctor or get it bronzed. :P

Yep, if you put the little blue pills down, it should get smaller by itself.

SpareRib

Quote from: chortle on November 20, 2008, 10:47:41 pm
Don't know anything about them, but it sounds like value play to me?

I haven't followed them in a couple of years, but as long as I did, they were soundly managed, made good acquisitions, minded cash flow, and always made their numbers.  Medtronic began as a pacemaker company, was hugely successful, and began acquiring the major innovators and heavy hitters in other surgical specialties.  They sought the companies that were changing the way surgery was done and were driving the market in their respective specialties.  When I followed it closely, MDT was a cadillac among medical device manufacturers.

SpareRib

Quote from: chortle on November 20, 2008, 10:18:17 pm
Like this?

Yep.  If you waved your thingy over it til it turned blue, that's it.  ;D

SpareRib

Quote from: Masshog on November 21, 2008, 04:27:54 am

Hey Mass - Looks like I wuz having too much fun and never answered your question - If you have the image you want in your computer (I put mine on my desktop so I can find them), you should be able to change the size with your image editor before you post it.  I use a simple freebie called Irfanview for most stuff.  I believe you use Picasa - it should work as well.