Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Trillion Lost In Transition

Started by kgr, November 10, 2008, 09:19:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kgr

What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

HOGSCALD

Troubling?  That may be too soft a word.  Add to that Obama's transition team leader using the word "control" and "rule", add discussions about confiscations about 401(k)'s and IRA's, Add ... the list goes on.

Well, at least life is going to be exciting.
You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough, in the second half you give what's left.
--  Yogi Berra

Ash

You got that right scald. How's it go? "May you live in interesting times"

That's where we are folks.

kgr

Your definition of interesting matches mine of scared spitless.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

Ash

That would be because it is a curse :D

GrizzledHogFan

"Troubling" is a massive understatement.  :o
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

SpareRib

November 11, 2008, 08:37:34 am #6 Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:39:34 am by SpareRib
Yep, it's more than troubling.  Here's a quick clip from the article.  Mark Cuban has set up a web site to explore the path of the green torrent.

The Fed's collateral ``absolutely should be made public,'' said Mark Cuban, an activist investor, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks professional basketball team and the creator of the Web site  www.BailoutSleuth.com , which focuses on the secrecy shrouding the Fed's moves.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!