Started by hogfan13, February 08, 2006, 06:28:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texasbite

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on February 08, 2006, 09:26:17 pm
Quote from: Texasbite on February 08, 2006, 09:24:13 pm
Quote from: Hugehogsfan on February 08, 2006, 09:23:31 pm
I just want to win.

You might want to pick another team
I will never pick another team and smite you for saying that.

then watch the december games

Hugehogsfan

I just don't know what else to say about the subject.

Temprees

Quote from: tomahawkhog on February 08, 2006, 09:15:22 pm
You people blaming McCurdy are idiots.  I guess he's the one who let LSU dominate on the boards all night long.  Bottom line:  This is a TEAM loss, just like they are always. 

If Dontell lost the Bama game, then McCurdy lost this one

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Razorod on February 08, 2006, 09:26:27 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on February 08, 2006, 09:21:41 pm

The root is not this game.  The root is 4 years of unacceptable basketball.  This is merely the culmination of loss after loss.  It's like an acid.  Eventually it'll even burn through stainless steel, Alloy 20, and Monel...

Best post on the subject.

AGREED.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogfancb

I'm going to go watch the 1994 championship.

Sloppygee

We wouldn't be upset about losing if we didn't care about our team.

Hugehogsfan

Either that or start cheering on the baseball team

Quote from: Temprees on February 08, 2006, 09:28:31 pm
Quote from: tomahawkhog on February 08, 2006, 09:15:22 pm
You people blaming McCurdy are idiots.  I guess he's the one who let LSU dominate on the boards all night long.  Bottom line:  This is a TEAM loss, just like they are always. 

If Dontell lost the Bama game, then McCurdy lost this one

WRONG WRONG WRONG.
Did you actually watch the bama game???

Dontell did WAY more to lose it.

McCurdy was put in COLD in a BAD situation.
DJ is a SENIOR

ENOUGH SAID
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Hugehogsfan

Oh I care.  Sometimes too much I think.  Thank God my wife loves me.

HogHeathen

Quote from: HogWild7982 on February 08, 2006, 09:25:08 pm
I think we showed alot coming back tonight on the road...I know how gut wrenching this loss is but this is the most excited I've felt this season...They dug deep to come back and have at least a chance to win.

Another optimist in a realist world...

I think it's ok to be positive about things in life, but I have a real problem with an "optimist" that can't see the "forest for the trees".  That to me is just ignorant optimism.  Go ahead, smite me, but you know it's true!

Tomhog™

Good teams find a way to win.  I'm not sold on our teams having better athletes with our team being the better team.  We just don't have a player on this team that says 'Gimmie the ball, I will win it'  There are several that try, but just can't follow through.  This will happen as long as we have these players.  I don't see a bright future in basketball yet.  I'll hold judgement on future seasons with the new recruits (Weems, Walsh, Washington), but I just don't think the cast in place can bring us any futher than a possible 'bubble' team. 

Hugehogsfan

No that's a good point, but you sometimes have to have blind optimism or things would get really bad.

BigHog396

Here is a question for all of you who don't think this loss falls squarely on Heath's shoulders.

How do you go from playing Big 10 basketball (down 14 on many different occassions), to all of the sudden remembering how your team plays best (throwing on the defensive pressure and playing vintage HawgBall)???????

Every time we have done anything worth talking about this year, it has been when Heath swallows his pride and plays 40 minutes of Hell style.  That last 5 minutes was exactly what this team should be playing like every night.  There is no excuse for the coach not being able to get his team to play like that for 40 minutes rather than only 5.

I have seen it over and over during Heath's tenure here, any time that we are down big, and he actually throws on the press and tight defense, we make incredible runs.  But, the runs only seem incredible because we only get to see this style when we are down double-digits in the last 5 minutes of games.  This team could be playing just like the great Hog teams of Nolan's era if Heath would only stop trying to play Big 10 ball.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hog caller on February 08, 2006, 08:39:36 pm
we are blowing this one . why can't we beat a quality team on the road. Aint it a shame

Same reason we can't beat a quality team at home! Ha.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hugehogsfan

But I must say this for Heath he picked the right time to go to that style.  They were tired and it showed.

Hugehogsfan

Hogfans are the best and I thank you for listening.  You guys have a good night.

Sonofahog

Quote from: BigHog396 on February 08, 2006, 09:31:35 pm
  This team could be playing just like the great Hog teams of Nolan's era if Heath would only stop trying to play Big 10 ball.

Good point. 
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

benbro

Did anybody watch the game?  Heath never should have put McCurdy in at the end cold.  How little did he play the entire game?  He was CCCCCOOOOLLLLDDDDD from sitting on his ass the whole second half.  By the way, McCurdy DEFINITELY did not lose the game...even if he makes those free throws, we still lose by one, genuises that think he lost the game.  Please, Frank, throw whatever kind of money you have to at Mike Anderson to make him our coach.

HogHeathen

Look, we're all venting here.  Let's stop picking each other apart.  We all know we want to win just as bad as the next guy.  There is/are problem/s with this team, I think we all agree with that.  We just seem to have a different opinion on what the problems are.  Good night!  Go hogs!  (I will capitalize the hog win we turn things around)

BigHog396

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on February 08, 2006, 09:32:29 pm
But I must say this for Heath he picked the right time to go to that style.  They were tired and it showed.
No he didn't.  That is the point.  We should be playing like that for 40 minutes.  We have the depth in the back court to run most teams into the ground.  All of our guards/small forwards have glaring weaknesses, but this style of play lets them play to one strength they all have in common, they are all tremendous athletes.

HogHeathen

Quote from: benbro on February 08, 2006, 09:38:17 pm
Did anybody watch the game?  Heath never should have put McCurdy in at the end cold.  How little did he play the entire game?  He was CCCCCOOOOLLLLDDDDD from sitting on his ass the whole second half.  By the way, McCurdy DEFINITELY did not lose the game...even if he makes those free throws, we still lose by one, genuises that think he lost the game.  Please, Frank, throw whatever kind of money you have to at Mike Anderson to make him our coach.
we were up by two when he was at the line...if he makes both it puts us up by 4 which means we win by one...

BigHog396

DID YOU WATCH THE GAME?  Up 2, plus 2 freethrows = up 4.  LSU makes a three, so.... if my math doesn't fail me, 4 minus 3 = still up 1.  Dang, that was tough.

HognotinMemphis

I just went scanned the last few pages of this thread. Let me see if I have the game summary straight:

Hogs down most or all of the game but closed in the final minutes on a big run to take the lead. Some guy named McCurdy who hasn't played much is put in to shoot FT's in the last 30 seconds and he misses both and LSU runs down and hits a 3 at the buzzer to win the game (and if he missed Hogs would have won?). Is that what happened?

If so, this is the funniest loss of the year for the Hogs and Heath. What an appropriate way to lose...these Hogs are like the 3 stooges. They'll find a way to muck it up and look funny doing it. I knew they'd lose...just didn't know how they'd lose! Gotta love this keystone kops thing the Hogs have going in both football and basketball. It takes talent to pull this kind of game off every week. My hat is off to them for being able to entertain so well so often!

Hook'em Hogs!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Texasbite

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 08, 2006, 09:39:59 pm
we were up by two when he was at the line...if he makes both it puts us up by 4 which means we win by one...

thank you for showing who the genuises is

BigHog396

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 08, 2006, 09:44:19 pm
I just went scanned the last few pages of this thread. Let me see if I have the game summary straight:

Hogs down most or all of the game but closed in the final minutes on a big run to take the lead. Some guy named McCurdy who hasn't played much is put in to shoot FT's in the last 30 seconds and he misses both and LSU runs down and hits a 3 at the buzzer to win the game (and if he missed Hogs would have won?). Is that what happened?

If so, this is the funniest loss of the year for the Hogs and Heath. What an appropriate way to lose...these Hogs are like the 3 stooges. They'll find a way to muck it up and look funny doing it. I knew they'd lose...just didn't know how they'd lose! Gotta love this keystone kops thing the Hogs have going in both football and basketball. It takes talent to pull this kind of game off every week. My hat is off to them for being able to entertain so well so often!

Hook'em Hogs!
"Just didn't know how they'd lose"???????

Thought you had "called" our double-digit loss.  Way to be on top of things.

Texasbite

Quote from: BigHog396 on February 08, 2006, 09:43:59 pm
DID YOU WATCH THE GAME?  Up 2, plus 2 freethrows = up 4.  LSU makes a three, so.... if my math doesn't fail me, 4 minus 3 = still up 1.  Dang, that was tough.

benbro been doing something else.  I bet he feels stupid

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on February 08, 2006, 09:30:02 pm
Oh I care.  Sometimes too much I think.  Thank God my wife loves me.

I agree.  I mean, Thank God my wife loves me too.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hogfan13

Atleast our next game is 10-10 Auburn

silvertip

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 08, 2006, 09:24:29 pm
Quote from: 1967 Grad on February 08, 2006, 09:18:19 pm
I am beginning to be ashamed to be a Razorback fan....not b/c of our teams, but b/c of our fair weather freakin fans...our boys played their asses off and all we can do is badmouth particular players or the coach. I have a lot more respect for our team and coach than i do the majority of the posters on this board. Mc (83%) makes 2 and he is "our awesome" freshman we have been begging the coach to play. He misses 2 and the coach is an idiot for putting him in. WE deserve a better coach than Heath? I think Heath deserves better fans than are present on this board.

Regardless of tonight, I will still say Go Hogs Go!!!

Must be a Demmy...

I agree 1967 Grad. There's entirely too many children (mentally) on this board. They whine after every loss & they whine after every win. They yearn to return to their Jr High days when Nolan was their Hero.

These "fans" were quitting in the 1st half. They were quitting while the team was flying back from Maui. I wish a bunch would quit entirely & go watch baseball or play video games.

This was not even one of the games I figured we would win. The team goal of getting to the NCAAT is still right there for the taking---as long as the Hawgs got more balls than all these babies. Which they obviously do. WPS!!!

riccoar

Not that it matters now, but I didn't get to listen to the run when Arkansas came back.  Has anyone mentioned the 3 point basket that replay showed his foot on the line and even the refs reviewed but didn't overturn?  Like I said, not that it matters but we would be in OT 77-77 instead of an LSU win.

silvertip

The root is not this game.  The root is 4 years of unacceptable basketball.  This is merely the culmination of loss after loss.  It's like an acid.  Eventually it'll even burn through stainless steel, Alloy 20, and Monel...

Cheer up Tomcat. The root of the problem will be gone next season. Eric and Pookie are seniors.

Hawgdawgrain

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 08, 2006, 09:15:39 pm
I want to give a shiite about this team, but I can't take this kind of crap anymore.  They are just full of disappointments.

Absolutley NO fire in the gut..

Do you realize how obviously wrong your statement is???

NO fire?

A huge run at the end of the game from 13 down and they have no fire?

This is what makes this board a joke in some people's opinion...

Hawgdawgrain

Quote from: 1967 Grad on February 08, 2006, 09:18:19 pm
I am beginning to be ashamed to be a Razorback fan....not b/c of our teams, but b/c of our fair weather freakin fans...our boys played their asses off and all we can do is badmouth particular players or the coach. I have a lot more respect for our team and coach than i do the majority of the posters on this board. Mc (83%) makes 2 and he is "our awesome" freshman we have been begging the coach to play. He misses 2 and the coach is an idiot for putting him in. WE deserve a better coach than Heath? I think Heath deserves better fans than are present on this board.

Regardless of tonight, I will still say Go Hogs Go!!!

Karma...huge Karma...

People...you can't take both sides...either Stan is a good coach for playing McCurdy at the end of a game or he's a good coach for sitting him at the end of a game.

Even though some of you are trying, you can't have both.

My Opinion?...It was a good decision to have an 83% FT shooter in the game...

The player didn't execute...that's it...it ends there.

Hawgdawgrain

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 08, 2006, 09:17:34 pm
did anyone besides me "know" we were going to lose this game even with a lead in the last 20 secs?  I just had that feeling it was going to happen...

Convenient...

What's the market gonna do tomorrow?

Quick...before it opens...

Guess we'll get a post from you...say around 4pm tomorrow letting us know that you knew what would happen?

Buff

Quote from: silvertip on February 08, 2006, 10:11:52 pm

Cheer up Tomcat. The root of the problem will be gone next season. Eric and Pookie are seniors.
not sure how you can say Pookie is part of the problem......he's been our best guy lately

carhog

Silvertip how can you say Pookie is part of the problem?  Have you been watching the games lately?