Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs-Tigers Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, February 08, 2006, 06:28:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lunchbox72703

no, it was your allmighty freshman god mccurdy....Heat bowed down to the fan pressure, let mccurdy try to win the game, and it blew up in our faces.  From now on, why don't we just let the coach do his job unassisted from us. 

Ark Blitz

McCurdy lost this game.  Every fan in NWA wanted him to play and he couldn't make 1 free throw.

Heath can't go out there and shot free throws for him.  If McCurdy is one of the best free throw shooters then he should have made been in the game and atleast made one

Sloppygee

Wonder what Stan will say on the post-game show...........

Texasbite

Hugehogsfan

I am really just hurting inside.  that was our chance at a RPI rating that might get us in.

Richard_white

ok McCurdy missed the shot blame him but BLAME BREWER as well he lost it as well, didnt he miss the last shot?

jrw11475

Maybe you should just shoot me.  I don't think I could do it by myself.

Texasbite

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on February 08, 2006, 09:13:33 pm
I am really just hurting inside.  that was our chance at a RPI rating that might get us in.

instead it got in us

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on February 08, 2006, 09:12:59 pm
no, it was your allmighty freshman god mccurdy....Heat bowed down to the fan pressure, let mccurdy try to win the game, and it blew up in our faces.  From now on, why don't we just let the coach do his job unassisted from us. 

We want him to get more PT, not throw him to the wolves with 30 seconds after not playing the whole game

Tomhog™

I was doing so good being apathetic about the game until I stupidly started believing we could win.  I'm not a negative person, but I just feel like we are going gold hunting, and keep coming up with Iron Pyrite.  Maybe it's because I'm in California this week... :puke:

Hugehogsfan

Could someone help ease my pain, tell me something good about Razorback sports.

tomahawkhog

You people blaming McCurdy are idiots.  I guess he's the one who let LSU dominate on the boards all night long.  Bottom line:  This is a TEAM loss, just like they are always. 
Go Hogs!

jrw11475

HUGE HOG FAN I continue to have my head run over by a truck as soon as I think we are going to pull a game out and move ahead to the next level.  I feel your pain.

HogHeathen

I want to give a shiite about this team, but I can't take this kind of crap anymore.  They are just full of disappointments.

Absolutley NO fire in the gut..

HogGod

I'm not trying to start anything, but everytime Dontell has made a mistake, all we hear for days on the board is how we need McCurdy.  McCurdy is a FRESHMAN and tonight showed it.  I think he will be a great point guard in the future, but he really shouldn't have been out there at that point in the game.

Tater Salad

Quote from: Tomcat on February 08, 2006, 09:10:47 pm
I would rather be blown out than to lose like this.  I can't remember a Razorback team that has lost so many close ones week in and week out.  If Arkansas isn't up by double digits, they CAN'T win in the SEC...

Where have you been? It doesnt matter if we're up by 100 we still lose

Hugehogsfan

You know I even turned it off for about the entire run until we were down by two.  I got excited like we might actually win.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

I Don't believe it- Heath just said "I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY"

lunchbox72703

mccurdy can't perform, didn't show it tonight during his two minutes, and especially on the line.  Let him take his freshman time lke everyone else and quit putting him on a pedestool, or else you get lost hopes like this game tonight.  I feel sorry for the kid right now, but he choked!  He CHOKED HARD!!!!

SiriusHog™

I'll make a quick comparison.. '94 championship game against duke, final minute, close game.. hogs need to make FTs to ice the game, corey beck is fouled, makes the first, then the refs find blood on his arm and he has to go out.  Al Dillard comes off the bench ICE COLD to take the FT for him in the most pressure packed moment of his life, and calmly sinks it, hogs win.  mccurdy choked, plain and simple, it wasnt heaths fault, if mccurdy makes the FTs, you guys are saying "ITS ABOUT TIME HE PUT MCCURDY IN!!!"..

Tomhog™

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 08, 2006, 09:16:07 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on February 08, 2006, 09:10:47 pm
I would rather be blown out than to lose like this.  I can't remember a Razorback team that has lost so many close ones week in and week out.  If Arkansas isn't up by double digits, they CAN'T win in the SEC...

Where have you been? It doesnt matter if we're up by 100 we still lose

My point was that all of our SEC wins were of margins of 10 or more.  We've lost EVERY close one...

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: jrw11475 on February 08, 2006, 09:15:30 pm
HUGE HOG FAN I continue to have my head run over by a truck as soon as I think we are going to pull a game out and move ahead to the next level.  I feel your pain.

I am glad for forums like this but wow my family doesn't understand how i could get so upset about a game.

Ark Blitz

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on February 08, 2006, 09:14:01 pm
ok McCurdy missed the shot blame him but BLAME BREWER as well he lost it as well, didnt he miss the last shot?

McCurdy had a FREE THROW with no hand in face and no defense in front of him.  It was a FREE THROW!!!  Unlike Brewer's last second shot

:puke:

HogHeathen

did anyone besides me "know" we were going to lose this game even with a lead in the last 20 secs?  I just had that feeling it was going to happen...

Richard_white

Tater Salad

Quote from: abostian on February 08, 2006, 09:16:49 pm
I Don't believe it- Heath just said "I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY"

The Apocalypse is upon us....

1967 Grad

I am beginning to be ashamed to be a Razorback fan....not b/c of our teams, but b/c of our fair weather freakin fans...our boys played their asses off and all we can do is badmouth particular players or the coach. I have a lot more respect for our team and coach than i do the majority of the posters on this board. Mc (83%) makes 2 and he is "our awesome" freshman we have been begging the coach to play. He misses 2 and the coach is an idiot for putting him in. WE deserve a better coach than Heath? I think Heath deserves better fans than are present on this board.

Regardless of tonight, I will still say Go Hogs Go!!!

tomahawkhog

Sure, he choked.  He missed 2 free throws after not playing any in the second half.  No excuse, he should have made at least one.  But if you think that lost the game your crazy.  We were outrebounded by double digits.  Gotta rebound on the board.
Go Hogs!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 08, 2006, 09:17:34 pm
did anyone besides me "know" we were going to lose this game even with a lead in the last 20 secs?  I just had that feeling it was going to happen...

I think everyone did.  Including the players and coach.  Kind of like a self-fulfilling prophesy

SiriusHog™

Quote from: HogHeathen on February 08, 2006, 09:15:39 pm
I want to give a shiite about this team, but I can't take this kind of crap anymore.  They are just full of disappointments.

Absolutley NO fire in the gut..

if they had no fire in the gut, they wouldnt have made the comeback... mccurdy makes those two FTs, does that mean that the whole team suddenly has fire in their guts??... baloney..

Hugehogsfan

UroHog

This is so painful.
I can't begin to start assigning blame, because it's all the players and the coaches that ultimately are responsible for the loss.

I am Jack's raging bile duct.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Tater Salad on February 08, 2006, 09:07:29 pm
Stan wanted mccurdy to blow the game so everyone would shut up about him

if heath had played jefferson you woulda been screaming at him as well.  We had our best 5 FT shooters on the floor on that posession.   who else did you want to put in?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

SiriusHog™

Quote from: 1967 Grad on February 08, 2006, 09:18:19 pm
I am beginning to be ashamed to be a Razorback fan....not b/c of our teams, but b/c of our fair weather freakin fans...our boys played their asses off and all we can do is badmouth particular players or the coach. I have a lot more respect for our team and coach than i do the majority of the posters on this board. Mc (83%) makes 2 and he is "our awesome" freshman we have been begging the coach to play. He misses 2 and the coach is an idiot for putting him in. WE deserve a better coach than Heath? I think Heath deserves better fans than are present on this board.

very well said my friend.. +karma for you..

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Can they check the replays to make sure it was really a three and he didn't travel to make it a 2ptr?

Texasbite

Putting McCurdy in is about as dumb as Casey Dick running the quarterback sneak.  This is Houston's fault

Tomhog™

The root is not this game.  The root is 4 years of unacceptable basketball.  This is merely the culmination of loss after loss.  It's like an acid.  Eventually it'll even burn through stainless steel, Alloy 20, and Monel...

Ark Blitz

McCurdy = Choke tonight.

If it was Jefferson, Brewer, Townes, Monica, Thomas, and Fergeson everyone on here would be talking about them.  No way does McCurdy deserve a pass. 

Richard_white

you rate me as a fan from this message board?..if your that good what number am I thinking right now?..you have no idea how much a fan i am, i can tell you that i am a true razorback fan but as a fan you have the right the be optimistic as well as pestimistic. How do you fix something, until you have both side on the table.

Hugehogsfan

I used to think that, but I put my money, my time, my heart, my entergy into this program all of it and I love these kids and I blame other things, not the players.  You can check my posts I don't talk bad about the players, other than smart comments.  But I understand that the kids played their heart out, but I am still hurt that we lost again and i will be a Hog fan forever.

Hugehogsfan

Hugehogsfan

I want to be excited about March again.

Texasbite

Hugehogsfan

I want to wake up that Sunday and get the paper and write down every team and try to guess where we will be playing.

HogHeathen

Must be a Demmy...

HogWild7982

I think we showed alot coming back tonight on the road...I know how gut wrenching this loss is but this is the most excited I've felt this season...They dug deep to come back and have at least a chance to win.

Inigo Montoya

I think I'd rather Big Baby jump on my nuts repeatedly than watch another Razorback game.  I'm done..I'm a nonsmoker for only 3 days now and this team isn't helping my cause.

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: Texasbite on February 08, 2006, 09:24:13 pm
Quote from: Hugehogsfan on February 08, 2006, 09:23:31 pm
I just want to win.

You might want to pick another team
I will never pick another team and smite you for saying that.

Razorod

Quote from: Tomcat on February 08, 2006, 09:21:41 pm

The root is not this game.  The root is 4 years of unacceptable basketball.  This is merely the culmination of loss after loss.  It's like an acid.  Eventually it'll even burn through stainless steel, Alloy 20, and Monel...

Best post on the subject.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hugehogsfan

Well I think that I am going to bed to dream about the good ole days of March Madness.