Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O-line commitment calls Arkansas' squatting video 'kind of freaky'

Started by Richard Davenport, July 26, 2016, 04:07:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

RD bringin the heat like it's late January. Love it.

Richard, they've obviously taken a new approach to recruiting. We've never filled up this fast. Any insight into how they're going at it differently?

justmakeit2thebcs

NOt recruiting i
Quote from: trashcan maN on July 26, 2016, 04:27:24 pm

Richard, they've obviously taken a new approach to recruiting. We've never filled up this fast. Any insight into how they're going at it differently?
Quote from: trashcan maN on July 26, 2016, 04:27:24 pm

Not recruiting any differently.  Just more kids want to be hogs, they can see how good the foundation is.  Same reason no QB has transferred even though we've got like eleventy billion of them.  The quicker this class fills up, the more time we can spend on 18. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on July 26, 2016, 04:32:54 pm
NOt recruiting iNot recruiting any differently.  Just more kids want to be hogs, they can see how good the foundation is.  Same reason no QB has transferred even though we've got like eleventy billion of them.  The quicker this class fills up, the more time we can spend on 18.

Some thing stay the same some things change.  I don't know as its a good thing to think a coaching staff remains static.  Holding on to values doesn't mean you never vary from a certain way of recruiting and recruiting is individualistic anyway. 

One thing that might be different is the amount of acceptable offers they are extending and accepting from lower ranked players.  That is probably a reflection of, as you said, of the ever improving relationships and the improving view of the program.  Or maybe they aren't holding out so long for the higher ranked players.  I think it's related in that the player willing to commit now are meeting the specs CBB has where as in the last three years they haven't this early. 

trashcan maN

NOt recruiting iNot recruiting any differently.  Just more kids want to be hogs, they can see how good the foundation is.  Same reason no QB has transferred even though we've got like eleventy billion of them.  The quicker this class fills up, the more time we can spend on 18. 
Not being a smart***, but how do you know they're not taking a different approach? It's not like we have blue chips knocking down our doors. We've obviously targeted a bunch of under-evaluated guys and taken their commitments early. Seems obvious the strategy has changed to me.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 26, 2016, 04:54:23 pm

One thing that might be different is the amount of acceptable offers they are extending and accepting from lower ranked players.  That is probably a reflection of, as you said, of the ever improving relationships and the improving view of the program.  Or maybe they aren't holding out so long for the higher ranked players.  I think it's related in that the player willing to commit now are meeting the specs CBB has where as in the last three years they haven't this early. 
Yep. Something along these lines.

Hawgar The Horrible

It could never be as simple as offering guys deemed worthy and honoring their commitments, now could it?

Everything doesn't have to be a damn soap opera.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 26, 2016, 05:32:13 pm
It could never be as simple as offering guys deemed worthy and honoring their commitments, now could it?

I never understood the 'uncomittable offer'. That's just a code phrase for not having an offer yet.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 26, 2016, 05:32:13 pm

I think he lets his wife pick his clothes...otherwise he would dress the same ever day. LOL?

The only drama is created by guys who think nothing ever changes.  Try that in any endeavor in the whole freaking world.  The only drama is created by guys who don't think it's worthy of being discussed(what is to those guys).  I would say that CBB approaches each individual the same in most ways and his intentions are always the same.  I would never say "nothing ever changes" though. 

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 26, 2016, 05:56:02 pm
I think he lets his wife pick his clothes...otherwise he would dress the same ever day. LOL?

The only drama is created by guys who think nothing ever changes.  Try that in any endeavor in the whole freaking world.  The only drama is created by guys who don't think it's worthy of being discussed(what is to those guys).  I would say that CBB approaches each individual the same in most ways and his intentions are always the same.  I would never say "nothing ever changes" though.

CBB made it a point in one of his Being Bret Bielema episodes to state he has 120 players with different backgrounds. He said it was a necessity to know them individually so he knows how to get them on the same page. He emphasized the fact not doing so results in good X and O coaches failing on this level.

Now I know how much you like to read your incomprehensible posts and consider them soon-to-be classic literature, but you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

"Approaches each individual the same"...pffft.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 26, 2016, 06:14:20 pm
CBB made it a point in one of his Being Bret Bielema episodes to state he has 120 players with different backgrounds. He said it was a necessity to know them individually so he knows how to get them on the same page. He emphasized the fact not doing so results in good X and O coaches failing on this level.

Now I know how much you like to read your incomprehensible posts and consider them soon-to-be classic literature, but you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

"Approaches each individual the same"...pffft.

Quite brilliant at misusing a quote.  What does that do for your argument exactly?  I can't help your third grade comp abilities.  Why don't you just ask CBB what is discussed in staff meetings regarding recruiting.  A common question for a CEO type to ask is such a meeting is "what can we do different or better to improve _____".  Throw is a number of new coaches with their own ideals and abilities over the years and try saying "nothing ever changes" with a straight face.

RazorBassin

I've got this gut feeling that '17 and '18 are going to be the classes.  Just a hunch, I hope I am right.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 26, 2016, 06:52:18 pm
Quite brilliant at misusing a quote.  What does that do for your argument exactly?  I can't help your third grade comp abilities.  Why don't you just ask CBB what is discussed in staff meetings regarding recruiting.  A common question for a CEO type to ask is such a meeting is "what can we do different or better to improve _____".  Throw is a number of new coaches with their own ideals and abilities over the years and try saying "nothing ever changes" with a straight face.

You are on record, in this thread, having stated changes have been made or have occurred in some fashion. Then you proceed to say, or at least infer, CBB hasn't changed...his staff is responsible for the success with their own "ideals". (I assume you meant ideas)

CBB is a relatively young coach. He is still learning on the job. Forgive me if I place more value in him than I do some know-nothing, uneducated, message board wanna' be with diarrhea of the mouth.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 26, 2016, 07:26:24 pm
You are on record, in this thread, having stated changes have been made or have occurred in some fashion. Then you proceed to say, or at least infer, CBB hasn't changed...his staff is responsible for the success with their own "ideals". (I assume you meant ideas)

CBB is a relatively young coach. He is still learning on the job. Forgive me if I place more value in him than I do some know-nothing, uneducated, message board wanna' be with diarrhea of the mouth.

Ok I gotcha, your just not good a following the drift of a thread but you think you can jump in on a single post and make sense of it all.  Evidently you never captained a debate team.

This all goes back(at least my part in it) to one simple statement by another poster.  If you can find that short sentence I might continue to discuss this with you in an adult manner.

Deep Shoat

Can you jackasses please keep the arguing out of the recruiting forum?

Good grief, what children.
All Gas, No Brakes!

lumphog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 26, 2016, 08:12:46 pm

Thankya, Thankya Very Much.... Aa Hubba Hubba

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 26, 2016, 08:12:46 pm

Sorry, I actually forgot it was in the recruiting forum.  Feel free to delete all my post in this thread.  ☺️