Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few insider bits on Chase

Started by Richard Davenport, July 25, 2016, 12:40:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodiakisland

Quote from: Seebs on July 27, 2016, 09:18:23 pm
I will gladly pay $1 a day to not read Wally's articles.

well, you haven't paid, so here you go.  Another dandy article with a few nice comments.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jul/27/red-wolves-vs-hogs-as-unlikely-as-ever-/
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

theFlyingHog

MissippHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 27, 2016, 11:32:30 pm
Wow that guy really is a bad writer.
It's Wally Hall, hope you weren't expecting more.   :-\

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: MissippHog on July 27, 2016, 11:53:37 pm
It's Wally Hall, hope you weren't expecting more.   :-\
No, I'm all too familiar with Wally. When I was a kid I loved getting the gameday paper and checking out how we were supposed to do, and then getting the Sunday paper and reading Wally's take on the game and reliving a big win. Then somewhere around 15 I realized that guy spends maybe 30 minutes on his articles; they read a lot like the papers I turned in that suffered from procrastination and were written right before class(in jr high)

Peter Porker

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 28, 2016, 09:54:36 am
No, I'm all too familiar with Wally. When I was a kid I loved getting the gameday paper and checking out how we were supposed to do, and then getting the Sunday paper and reading Wally's take on the game and reliving a big win. Then somewhere around 15 I realized that guy spends maybe 30 minutes on his articles; they read a lot like the papers I turned in that suffered from procrastination and were written right before class(in jr high)

There's no chance he gets fired so he's lazy. He has no drive to be good.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Hawgar The Horrible

$100 per head to see UofA vs ASU? Delusional.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Jim Harris

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 25, 2016, 09:34:23 pm
Subscribe to the Dem-Gaz for $1 a day and wholehogs comes with it.  Now HI does as well.  And you get the print edition if you live in Arkansas.  I don't but my sister does, and she appreciates the free newspaper.  Heckuva deal.  And when you get banned here like I sometimes do you'll get the real news from the real media. 

A dollar a day? $365 a year?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Jim Harris on July 28, 2016, 11:13:46 am

find someone else who has a daily subscription to the Democrat in your area or neighborhood (best to pick an old lady who probably wouldn't like sports). All you need is a name and address and if the person hasn't set up an account for online access. Go ahead and set it up and voila! You just saved $365!

Like O.J., this isn't a confession its just to say that "if" I would have done something like this, this is how I would have done it.  ;)

Now excuse me while I go look for the real killers (err, thieves).

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Jim Harris on July 28, 2016, 11:13:46 am
I much prefer a hard copy paper to browsing on the internet. But damn the content in the demgaz is not worth the price.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 28, 2016, 12:43:36 pm
I much prefer a hard copy paper to browsing on the internet. But damn the content in the demgaz is not worth the price.

In the late 80's the content in both the Democrat and Gazette was terrific. Best sports pages in America. The past 20 years the Democrap is just that. Crap !  Living out of state I would pay a small sum to get articles on the Hogs and the recruiting info. A very small sum