Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few insider bits on Chase

Started by Richard Davenport, July 25, 2016, 12:40:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

theFlyingHog

I really appreciate the info you provide, RD, but I get tired of clicking this and clicking that and signing up for all these different websites.

Music City Hog

So is all RD info now gonna be pay on that site after August 1?

greenie

I'm guessing that the level of information we get on Hogville from RD will change on August 1.  I hope not, but the tea leaves sure appear to be saying that and I can't blame anyone who wants to get paid for their work.  Regardless, my following of recruiting will not involve paying for information...I'll just wait until it leaks out here.  Richard, if I'm reading this incorrectly, I apologize.

bphi11ips

Subscribe to the Dem-Gaz for $1 a day and wholehogs comes with it.  Now HI does as well.  And you get the print edition if you live in Arkansas.  I don't but my sister does, and she appreciates the free newspaper.  Heckuva deal.  And when you get banned here like I sometimes do you'll get the real news from the real media. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

carolinahogger

I wouldn't pay $.01 per day for HI.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 25, 2016, 05:40:23 pm
I really appreciate the info you provide, RD, but I get tired of clicking this and clicking that and signing up for all these different websites.

I think I've done this like 3-4 times. All the other links have been to stories.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 25, 2016, 07:36:31 pm

Some will be paid and some will be free. I will not be linking paid stuff. That's why I linked this. It's free.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 25, 2016, 10:03:00 pm
Some will be paid and some will be free. I will not be linking paid stuff. That's why I linked this. It's free.
we appreciate it, RD.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 25, 2016, 10:03:00 pm

I respectfully disagree on "free".  Free just works without asking for anything.  Register or email information is not "free".  Minor I know but at least call it a trade for info or something.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 25, 2016, 09:34:23 pm
Subscribe to the Dem-Gaz for $1 a day and wholehogs comes with it.  Now HI does as well.  And you get the print edition if you live in Arkansas.  I don't but my sister does, and she appreciates the free newspaper.  Heckuva deal.  And when you get banned here like I sometimes do you'll get the real news from the real media.

That's fairly expensive. I can get the Dallas Morning News online for $2.99 a week. For $5.99 I can get that plus actual paper delivered and access to Washington Post online. I was really hoping we could get a Wholehogs online only and HI online both for a reasonable amount like $99 a year ( $8.25 a month)  Oh well. 

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 25, 2016, 11:32:20 pm
That's fairly expensive. I can get the Dallas Morning News online for $2.99 a week. For $5.99 I can get that plus actual paper delivered and access to Washington Post online. I was really hoping we could get a Wholehogs online only and HI online both for a reasonable amount like $99 a year ( $8.25 a month)  Oh well.
They are going to do something similar to the old HI price of $99 a year for online access and the magazine according to clay. It may be a little more but it will be worth it IMO.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

trashcan maN

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on July 25, 2016, 11:06:07 pm
I respectfully disagree on "free".  Free just works without asking for anything.  Register or email information is not "free".  Minor I know but at least call it a trade for info or something.
Good grief...the site requires the same amt of info as Hogville - a username and password. They're both free.

Here: "Here's a link to an article I wrote. It doesn't cost any money. It's completely trade for info!"

AugustaHog

RD has provided tons of free info for years.  The situation at wholehog has changed and he's providing info as to how to get the most info possible from him.  Lay off the guy he's just doing his job and still giving us free tidbits on hog recruits. 

hogcam

Richard, thanks for everything you do! Don't listen to any of these guys! You have to do what you have to do!! Thank you for throwing us all the info through the years and I'm sure you'll continue to try and throw us hogvillians tidbits every once in awhile.. Go hogs!  :razorback:

Richard Davenport

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 25, 2016, 11:32:20 pm
Yeah I can't figure how the demgaz can sell for $1/day. I love to read paper copy but I'm guessing there's a generational gap between those who will pay for that paper and those who won't. I might buy it again once Wally Hall is gone or dead.

RME

Some of you wake up in the morning and b!tch about the sky not being blue enough for your liking.

Thanks for the all of the info, RD. I may only be 24 but I've thoroughly enjoyed following all of your recruiting information for many, many years.

theFlyingHog

Hey RD, ain't none of our hesitation or angst aimed at you. We're damn lucky to have you post here. We know this is your livelihood and there's certain things you gotta do.

Woo damn pig

carolinahogger

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 26, 2016, 01:01:29 am
Hey RD, ain't none of our hesitation or angst aimed at you. We're damn lucky to have you post here.

Agreed.

ricepig

Quote from: trashcan maN on July 25, 2016, 11:38:28 pm
Good grief...the site requires the same amt of info as Hogville - a username and password. They're both free.

Here: "Here's a link to an article I wrote. It doesn't cost any money. It's completely trade for info!"

I guess he forgot about that when he logged on here today, lol.

IronMountainHog

Otis Kirk being affiliated is all I need to know for refusing this service. Just last week he released information that at the time was inaccurate and not verified. Not to mention taking a once in a lifetime moment for a youngster away so he could break the story first.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 26, 2016, 07:09:25 am
Otis Kirk being affiliated is all I need to know for refusing this service. Just last week he released information that at the time was inaccurate and not verified. Not to mention taking a once in a lifetime moment for a youngster away so he could break the story first.

Otis isn't affiliated so.....and as for the Michael Taylor thing, its time to move on. My guess is the young man has but those unaffected by it can't seem to

factchecker

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 26, 2016, 07:09:25 am
Otis Kirk being affiliated....

Otis is with 247.

Trey Biddy and Danny West is with Rivals.

Richard Davenport and Dudley Dawson is with WholeHog.

Trent Shadid is the new guy.  Shadid is the Razorback football recruiting reporter for SECCountry.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 26, 2016, 07:13:06 am
Otis isn't affiliated so.....and as for the Michael Taylor thing, its time to move on. My guess is the young man has but those unaffected by it can't seem to

I remind you of this the next time you're still harping on something 5 days later, lol.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 26, 2016, 07:13:06 am
Thanks for letting me know it's time to move on, you should be working at the DNC this week. As far as your guess on anything,  it's no more relevant as anyone elses guess.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: factchecker on July 26, 2016, 07:19:15 am
Otis is with 247.

Trey Biddy and Danny West is with Rivals.

Richard Davenport and Dudley Dawson is with WholeHog.

Trent Shadid is the new guy.  Shadid is the Razorback football recruiting reporter for SECCountry.
Thanks for the clarification. Richard Davenport is the premier recruiting analyst in this state and if he's involved, then I am interested. I just mistakenly thought Kirk was affiliated and I am glad to hear he is not.

Hawgar The Horrible

I get the fact everyone is charging for access. For example, the GoVols section of the KnoxNews is now affiliated with 247Sports. Subscriptions are $8.95 monthly...

https://secure.247sports.com/UserSubscription/New?promo=FSTOC&skey=34

The ADG wants $1 per day for access to WholeHogSports? That's just stupid. They should separate the paper from WHS to create a better pricing point.

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

The_Boot_stops_here

July 26, 2016, 08:16:29 am #29 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:39:27 am by The_Boot_stops_here
Quote from: ricepig on July 26, 2016, 07:41:22 am
I remind you of this the next time you're still harping on something 5 days later, lol.

Ha. I certainly don't mind giving my opinion but I do keep it relevant unlike the above

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 26, 2016, 07:57:39 am
Thanks for letting me know it's time to move on, you should be working at the DNC this week. As far as your guess on anything,  it's no more relevant as anyone elses guess.

You're welcome. Have fun boycotting wholehog b/c of Otis though. Lol

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 26, 2016, 08:14:12 am
I get the fact everyone is charging for access. For example, the GoVols section of the KnoxNews is now affiliated with 247Sports. Subscriptions are $8.95 monthly...

https://secure.247sports.com/UserSubscription/New?promo=FSTOC&skey=34

The ADG wants $1 per day for access to WholeHogSports? That's just stupid. They should separate the paper from WHS to create a better pricing point.

I think I read where there will be a cheaper rate for WHS. I was with HI, but quit about 10-12 years ago, and from the looks of it, I haven't missed anything.
I get the ADG, so I'll read it from time to time, mostly for RD's work.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 26, 2016, 08:17:43 am
You're welcome. Have fun boycotting wholehog b/c of Otis though. Lol
Boycott? Who said boycott drama queen? I don't like Papa Johns pizza, so I'm boycotting Papa Johns now? Got it Einstein.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: IronMountainHog on July 26, 2016, 08:43:56 am
Boycott? Who said boycott drama queen? I don't like Papa Johns pizza, so I'm boycotting Papa Johns now? Got it Einstein.

Lol. Why do you have to resort to calling names?  I might get my feeling hurt. Btw, Otis won't miss you....and you should really sign up for wholehog

ARtillahog

jackflash

If I was going to pay, it would have to include Richard Davenport

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: trashcan maN on July 25, 2016, 11:38:28 pm

I understand.  But then you log into Facebook or some random site and you get Razorback red Toyota Tacoma ads on the side bar months later you might understand.  Your IP and email address has been shared.

It's just harvesting info about you.  Call it something other than FREE.  It's that simple.

RME

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on July 26, 2016, 11:04:23 pm
I understand.  But then you log into Facebook or some random site and you get Razorback red Toyota Tacoma ads on the side bar months later you might understand.  Your IP and email address has been shared.

It's just harvesting info about you.  Call it something other than FREE.  It's that simple.

That tin foil hat of yours needs some more layers on it.

Peter Porker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 26, 2016, 11:10:40 pm
That tin foil hat of yours needs some more layers on it.

LOLAY if you don't think it happens. Websites sell your info all the time.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

mhuff

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 27, 2016, 04:41:13 am

How do you think they get your cell number for solicitations?

RME

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 27, 2016, 04:41:13 am

I know it happens. Never said it didn't. I just choose not to be paranoid about it because I know by signing up for certain things that I'm enabling my info to be sold. That's my choice.

Peter Porker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 27, 2016, 02:19:49 pm
I know it happens. Never said it didn't. I just choose not to be paranoid about it because I know by signing up for certain things that I'm enabling my info to be sold. That's my choice.

And some don't choose to do so. It doesn't mean they wear a tin foil hat.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 27, 2016, 02:27:55 pm
And some don't choose to do so. It doesn't mean they wear a tin foil hat.

Yeah, Landy already sold yours, lol.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2016, 02:29:15 pm
Yeah, Landy already sold yours, lol.
Pam Landy? She looks tired, she should get some rest.

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 27, 2016, 06:19:11 pm
Pam Landy? She looks tired, she should get some rest.

I wonder if she'll need any rest in this new one, haha.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2016, 06:20:52 pm
I wonder if she'll need any rest in this new one, haha.
I would say she gets offed in this one but she's got the white hat on

Hog N Bama

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 25, 2016, 05:40:23 pm
I ain't signing up for another site!!

Seebs

We all will read, for free, who has signed with Arkansas after NSD. At this point and time we will all be experts if only for a day.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 25, 2016, 07:36:31 pm

Yeah, but you get Wally articles included for the same price!
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Seebs

Quote from: kodiakisland on July 27, 2016, 09:05:10 pm
Yeah, but you get Wally articles included for the same price!

I will gladly pay $1 a day to not read Wally's articles.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.