Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Montaric Brown update from Garrett Uekman 7-on-7

Started by Richard Davenport, July 15, 2016, 03:40:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

It seems from an outsider that Brown and his family are struggling a bit with the recruiting process, with all of the changes in their agenda.  I hope he finds a process and school that work well for him.  Obviously I hope it's here.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 15, 2016, 03:47:40 pm
Don't like the sound of that.

Wake me up when he signs a LOI, and I doubt this is the last "update" we have before Sept.

KlubhouseKonnected

Well it's at least good that he said he will definitely visit Arkansas again.

RD had said earlier that he felt like Arkansas needed to get Brown back on campus again.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Wildhog

It doesn't usually work out too well for us when in-staters drag out the process.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 15, 2016, 04:14:28 pm
It doesn't usually work out too well for us when in-staters drag out the process.

Nope, but this whole ordeal has been squirrelly.

fullfan

First time I watched the highlight film.  I can see why he is being recruited so heavily.   Hope he wants to be a Razorback. :razorback:

Scott7703

Once thought he was an Arkansas lock now I'll be surprised if it isn't bama.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Hmm I actually feel much better and I'm serious

Wildhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 15, 2016, 06:20:01 pm
Hmm I actually feel much better and I'm serious

There's no telling.  I'll feel a little better if he knocks these visits out quick.  If he drags it out until close to signing day, history isn't in our favor.
1909/1964/1965/1977

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 15, 2016, 06:33:38 pm
There's no telling.  I'll feel a little better if he knocks these visits out quick.  If he drags it out until close to signing day, history isn't in our favor.

I'll agree with that, and truthfully, I've got no clue how it will turn out.

LumberBacks

A lot can change between now and February.  If Bama gets commitments from highly regarded d-backs, that could change the landscape for Montaric.  Conversely...

We know that CBB and CBL are going to do everything they can do to kid this kid in their house.  Ultimately his decision and that should be respected.

Hogs run wild

hope i'm wrong but it sounds like he wanted to commit to the hogs, then someone put a bug in his ear: "bama puts DBs in the NFL every year". then everything changed. again, hope i'm just being paranoid.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

theFlyingHog

This is starting to sound like one of those Arkansas kids that ends up sitting on the bench at Alabama

The_Boot_stops_here

I honestly don't know how anyone gets a read out of any of this

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 15, 2016, 07:55:03 pm
I honestly don't know how anyone gets a read out of any of this

Well, so far it reads like a mystery novel with ever changing plots.

KlubhouseKonnected

Everybody in this thread should just change their name to Jon Snow, me included.

Wildhog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 15, 2016, 08:14:57 pm
Everybody in this thread should just change their name to Jon Snow, me included.

But I drink and I know things!
1909/1964/1965/1977

KlubhouseKonnected

JIHawg

He received visits from Saban and Les.  He's acquired over 1000 friends and followers on Facebook.  He has become a celebrity and has all these young women suddenly wanting to be his "friend".  He obviously is basking in the glow of being visited by such well known national coaches, which likely has clouded his judgment and thrown him off his plan to commit to the Hogs.  It has to be hard for a 17 year old small town kid to say no to Nick Saban.  We needed him to delay any announcements.

Our coaches have some work to do.  That's okay.  That's why they earn the big bucks.  Lets hope he has a strong family support unit, that would like to see him become a local hero.  Lets hope he visits Fayetteville.  Time is on our side.

OutlawHawg

It would be hard to turn down Bama and LSU as a 17 year old kid especially with the amount of defensive players they both put in the NFL.

On the flip side look how many kids go there and sit on the bench and end up transferring out.

Hopefully once the buzz of the Saban / Miles visits wears off he decides to be a Hog.

blu

It wouldn't be hard for me - NFL talent in virtually any school in the SEC will get recognized. We have a pretty good record lately with our current staff of getting folks in the league.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

secneahog

Just a matter of time till Arkansas starts putting dbs in the league. 

I like to think Robb Smith and Paul Rhoades can make it happen. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hogsfan31

Quote from: secneahog on July 16, 2016, 09:24:15 am

I have no doubt they can. Problem is we have to start getting NFL talent in the back 7 for them to make it to the league. I believe we have some guys that have the ability to make it if they keep working hard.

TrueBlue

Quote from: OutlawHawg on July 16, 2016, 07:00:53 am
It would be hard to turn down Bama and LSU as a 17 year old kid especially with the amount of defensive players they both put in the NFL.

On the flip side look how many kids go there and sit on the bench and end up transferring out.

Hopefully once the buzz of the Saban / Miles visits wears off he decides to be a Hog.
]

Just being on the roster doesn't mean you will be drafted. (Ask the recent Arkansans that have went to Bama.)

ricepig

Quote from: TrueBlue on July 16, 2016, 10:20:47 am
]

Just being on the roster doesn't mean you will be drafted. (Ask the recent Arkansans that have went to Bama.)

Correct, you still have to produce, and they have players transferring every summer, like everybody.

trashcan maN

I believe that Bielema doesn't care for recruits taking OVs to division rivals after they commit, and I don't think Saban is as worried about it.

Maybe: Brown was about to commit to Arkansas but still wanted to take his visits. He called the coaches, and they told him to just chill out, talk to his family, take his time, take his visits and make sure he makes the right decision. That's the scenario that makes the most sense in my mind.

factchecker

July 16, 2016, 10:54:38 am #29 Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:17:58 pm by factchecker
Sources who state Montaric is a Bama lean say he's waiting on a commitable offer.

Alabama hasn't given him a commitable offer yet? 

I personally would rather a coach be up front with me than say "You've got an offer but not really.... we're waiting to see if someone better comes along.  We'll let you know when you can commit."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Paul

I'd love to have the kid but if he'd rather go to Bama than be coached at his position by a former Power5 head coach, wish him well...we'll be fine.

AirWarren

He is in hog gear and a visor. Why y'all worried? That's the equivalent to a red tie on national tv.

rzrbackramsfan

I don't take the new news as positive or negative and neither should you.

Hogs run wild

Quote from: AP85 on July 16, 2016, 08:11:13 pm
He is in hog gear and a visor. Why y'all worried? That's the equivalent to a red tie on national tv.
that was a pic from June 5th.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hogs run wild on July 16, 2016, 09:21:27 pm

You must not follow his post history. He was being sarcastic

Oklahawg

Quote from: trashcan maN on July 16, 2016, 10:44:14 am
I believe that Bielema doesn't care for recruits taking OVs to division rivals after they commit, and I don't think Saban is as worried about it.

Maybe: Brown was about to commit to Arkansas but still wanted to take his visits. He called the coaches, and they told him to just chill out, talk to his family, take his time, take his visits and make sure he makes the right decision. That's the scenario that makes the most sense in my mind.

Makes sense to me.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

AirWarren

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 16, 2016, 10:06:03 pm
You must not follow his post history. He was being sarcastic

Shhh. You're messing me up man. I almost caught one.

In all seriousness. I hope we get this kid.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hogs run wild on July 16, 2016, 09:21:27 pm

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it was before the 7 on 7.

go hogues

Quote from: secneahog on July 16, 2016, 09:24:15 am

If you think Paul Rhoades will still be here after Thanksgiving, I have some excellent beachfront property in Salina, KS I'd like you to check out.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

ricepig

Quote from: go hogues on July 16, 2016, 10:37:00 pm
If you think Paul Rhoades will still be here after Thanksgiving, I have some excellent beachfront property in Salina, KS I'd like you to check out.

No doubt he'll still be here after Thanksgiving, we'll have to see who all gets fired to see on Christmas.

jjdlc

Not saying he will be here, I'm sure he'll have several suitors come calling.  However, he would be far from the first former head coach to spend multiple years as a position coach after being fired.  I don't know the details of his contract with Iowa State, but it is not uncommon for those contracts to have clauses that would allow Iowa State out of part of whatever they are still paying him should he get another head coaching gig.  If that is indeed the case, then he has the luxury of waiting till the right offer comes along.

It's far from a given that he will only be here one year.

wildhogman

Unless Rhodes is eager to jump back in as a head coach, I think he will be quite comfortable where he is. Teaching DB's, drawing a decent salary while still being paid a buyout from his former job.  And if our Defense improves as much as some think it will, he may actually be the DC in waiting if Smith moves on to bigger and better things.

MuskogeeHogFan

I think that he gets about 3/4 of a million each year through 2021 (per his settlement with Iowa State) in addition to whatever his salary is at Arkansas. I'm pretty sure he is knocking down over 1 mil per year, which makes his position here, seem far more stable, provided that he produces as a position coach. If he took another HC'ing job he might lose some of that settlement with Iowa State (not sure) so I don't expect him to be going anywhere of his own volition anytime soon.
Go Hogs Go!

JIHawg

He will be here at least 4 to 5 years.  That's the economics of his departure from ISU.

WooPig90

That picture is from the all arkansas camp. He was wearing a LSU hat to the 7 on 7 tournament..

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: WooPig90 on July 19, 2016, 11:42:35 am
That picture is from the all arkansas camp. He was wearing a LSU hat to the 7 on 7 tournament..

You think his recruiter at LSU has told him who thier new HC will be after this season?

ricepig

Quote from: WooPig90 on July 19, 2016, 11:42:35 am

Did he have Bama socks on?

mgolf

Never mind the socks. What color was his tie?UXTADC

hogsfan31

colbs

Quote from: hogsfan31 on July 19, 2016, 12:26:25 pm
Still think he will be a hog.
I hope so.  IMO him taking all of his officials after a month or so ago he almost committed to the Hogs isn't the best news.  He might end up a Hog after all but I'm not near as confident as I was.