Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest on Montaric Brown

Started by Richard Davenport, July 05, 2016, 09:56:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 06, 2016, 06:16:30 pm
Real man?

Mr. Overconservative Egotistical Football Coach

Where's Leigh Tiffin when you need him?!?!
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgar The Horrible

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 06, 2016, 05:59:35 pm
This is not about talent. The #1 prospect in Arkansas is being whispered in the ear by Saban for ONE reason...to make the Hog faithful implode and fly banners once again.

Sarcasm?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 06, 2016, 07:31:37 pm
Sarcasm?

No...bait. To draw out the undesirable asshats on this board. Thanks for playing.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 06, 2016, 07:48:15 pm
No...bait. To draw out the undesirable asshats on this board. Thanks for playing.

Good bait too.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Will say this , tho, if we whiff on MB. We just grab Naytron Culpepper and keep on truckin.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Nosboar Accubond

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 06, 2016, 07:48:15 pm

Playing what? And you really shouldn't call people asshats. That's kinda frowned upon around here. Bashing and all....

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 06, 2016, 08:41:40 pm
Will say this , tho, if we whiff on MB. We just grab Naytron Culpepper and keep on truckin.

Get both. Thats taking a real step forward. Thats building depth with legit talent. No reason to whiff on the in-state kid who has always dreamed of being a Hog. And I still believe he will be

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: wholehog92 on July 06, 2016, 05:00:07 pm
Remind him he may need us to beat Ol Miss for him again.

Done but I wonder if my use of both frowny face and winky face emoji's in a single text was not confusing for him...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 06, 2016, 10:11:01 pm
Get both. Thats taking a real step forward. Thats building depth with legit talent. No reason to whiff on the in-state kid who has always dreamed of being a Hog. And I still believe he will be

Dream offer and playing for aren't mutually exclusive, as we've seen in recruiting over the years.

poloprince

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2016, 07:00:01 am
Dream offer and playing for aren't mutually exclusive, as we've seen in recruiting over the years.

We all know where this is headed. Some will deny the reality of the situation and hold out hope.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Hogs33

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2016, 07:00:01 am

All about the Benjamin's...
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hogs33 on July 07, 2016, 08:20:07 am
All about the Benjamin's...

So you think Bama is offering money to Montaric Brown?

ricepig

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: poloprince on July 07, 2016, 07:07:59 am
We all know where this is headed. Some will deny the reality of the situation and hold out hope.

Yes, hope is a horrible, horrible thing.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Wildhog

"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

-Red
1909/1964/1965/1977

wholehog92

Quote from: Wildhog on July 07, 2016, 11:00:26 am
"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

-Red

Quote from: RedThese walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

lumphog

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Boles Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 07, 2016, 11:00:26 am

-Red
Great Shawshank reference!

The Hogfather

I really hope this isn't another talented Arkansas player who chooses to go to an Alabama school to get lost in the shuffle and rot on the bench for 2-4 years.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 07, 2016, 03:50:35 pm
I really hope this isn't another talented Arkansas player who chooses to go to an Alabama school to get lost in the shuffle and rot on the bench for 2-4 years.
they still haven't figured out ole Nicky's MO; he is being recruited to block arkansas as much as anything he brings to bama.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 07, 2016, 04:39:50 pm
they still haven't figured out ole Nicky's MO; he is being recruited to block arkansas as much as anything he brings to bama.

This has to be sarcasm

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 07, 2016, 04:44:25 pm
This has to be sarcasm
name one player from this state to ever do jack at bama>?

Pig in the Pokey

Most of you are freaking out about it only b/c he has a Bammer offer. So many closet bama fans on here  :puke:

Like I said earlier, sign Naytron Culpepper and move on if MB doesn't want to be here. It's a proven fact that Saban targets rival's homegrown talent as a defensive move. To deny it is asinine.

RME

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 07, 2016, 05:15:34 pm
Most of you are freaking out about it only b/c he has a Bammer offer. So many closet bama fans on here  :puke:

Like I said earlier, sign Naytron Culpepper and move on if MB doesn't want to be here. It's a proven fact that Saban targets rival's homegrown talent as a defensive move. To deny it is asinine.

Let's see this substantial proof, then.

Saying a coach "steals" another state's recruits to prevent them from staying in-state is so asinine it hurts. Does Arkansas target LSU's in-state prospects because they're great players who fit Bielema's mold, or because we want to "make sure LSU doesn't get them"? In a way, yeah, it is mutual because obviously if we get them, LSU can't have them.

But to say that the underlying thought and overall motive at going after a guy is so that "his in-state school can't have him" is, for lack of a better term, stupid.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 07, 2016, 05:31:25 pm
Let's see this substantial proof, then.

Saying a coach "steals" another state's recruits to prevent them from staying in-state is so asinine it hurts. Does Arkansas target LSU's in-state prospects because they're great players who fit Bielema's mold, or because we want to "make sure LSU doesn't get them"? In a way, yeah, it is mutual because obviously if we get them, LSU can't have them.

But to say that the underlying thought and overall motive at going after a guy is so that "his in-state school can't have him" is, for lack of a better term, stupid.

There isn't enough scholarship room on a roster these days for a team to take a player just because they don't want another team to sign them. If Saban is interested in a kid from Arkansas it is because his staff has come to the conclusion that the kid has sufficient talent to play and contribute at Alabama. But by the same token, when was the last time that Alabama signed a kid from Arkansas that ended up being a consistent starter/All SEC kind of player for them? I honestly can't remember.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 07, 2016, 05:37:51 pm
There isn't enough scholarship room on a roster these days for a team to take a player just because they don't want another team to sign them. If Saban is interested in a kid from Arkansas it is because his staff has come to the conclusion that the kid has sufficient talent to play and contribute at Alabama. But by the same token, when was the last time that Alabama signed a kid from Arkansas that ended up being a consistent starter/All SEC kind of player for them? I honestly can't remember.

Don Hutson in 1935???

RME

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 07, 2016, 05:37:51 pm

I agree with you 100%. I mean, to play sour grapes, wouldn't Saban have a priority of "stealing" Louisiana and Mississippi recruits before "stealing" Arkansas recruits? To think that he does this just to piss on the U of A is pointless and unsubstantiated.

I agree with your whole post. Like you said, clearly Saban thinks the player is good enough to play at Alabama, whether he's from Namibia or Arkansas. I just don't think him "stealing our recruits by God" is an actual thing.

I'm not THAT old (relatively) but Tenpenny and Frazier are the only ones that come to mind who went there and never did much. Granted, all it takes is one guy to break that mold, but no, I agree.

Tyro3

You definitely are.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on July 07, 2016, 05:46:09 pm
I agree with you 100%. I mean, to play sour grapes, wouldn't Saban have a priority of "stealing" Louisiana and Mississippi recruits before "stealing" Arkansas recruits? To think that he does this just to piss on the U of A is pointless and unsubstantiated.

I agree with your whole post. Like you said, clearly Saban thinks the player is good enough to play at Alabama, whether he's from Namibia or Arkansas. I just don't think him "stealing our recruits by God" is an actual thing.

I'm not THAT old (relatively) but Tenpenny and Frazier are the only ones that come to mind who went there and never did much. Granted, all it takes is one guy to break that mold, but no, I agree.

Tenpenny never really made it and transferred. Frazier was supposed to be a "can't miss" kind of guy and who knows, maybe he ends up being that guy, but right now, he is in 2 man rotation with Daron Payne, who as a freshman last year saw action in all 15 games compared to Frazier's (as a Sophomore) 6 games.

And now he has to contend with another Freshman NT by the name of Raekwon Davis, 6-7, 305 and of course the DT/NT that everyone wanted out of Killeen, TX, Kendall Jones, a massive, muscular true Freshman who stands 6-4, 351 and didn't appear to have an ounce of fat on him. Any chance he plays in the rotation this year?

Frazier has his work cut out for him if he intends to be the first player from Arkansas to go to Alabama and make a lot of noise as a player.
Go Hogs Go!

The_Hog_Father

Just a heads up, Kendall Jones did not qualify.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on July 07, 2016, 06:13:39 pm
Just a heads up, Kendall Jones did not qualify.

No kiddin? Wow! That's a blow to Alabama and to Kendall Jones. Where's he heading? Which JC?
Go Hogs Go!

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 07, 2016, 06:18:12 pm
No kiddin? Wow! That's a blow to Alabama and to Kendall Jones. Where's he heading? Which JC?

I did a double take as well MHF... Not sure where he is going though.

The_Boot_stops_here

[/b]

To insinuate this is asinine. And this team isnt in a position to say, we're fine with 1 of the 2. We need both. The more talent we get like that, the better.  Its important to start building depth with players of this caliber

lefty08

Some of you guys really need to check what you post on a free board. People lurk here, and some of these comments don't make our case any stronger. Tell your coworkers, tell your friends, but don't post it.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on July 07, 2016, 06:52:32 pm
Some of you guys really need to check what you post on a free board. People lurk here, and some of these comments don't make our case any stronger. Tell your coworkers, tell your friends, but don't post it.

We don't agree on much, but we do on this.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 07, 2016, 06:27:28 pm
[/b]

To insinuate this is asinine. And this team isn't in a position to say, we're fine with 1 of the 2. We need both. The more talent we get like that, the better.  Its important to start building depth with players of this caliber
Of course I'm not saying Montaric isn't good enough for Bama. I'm saying there are 10 more of him they could land. We aren't in that position. It is common knowledge amongst Ole Piss, Moo State, UGA, Tenner, LSU fans that Nicky likes his 4-5* from opponents territory. Not sure why you are in denial about it.

IF MB had announced Wednesday, I think it was gonna be for Bama. He pushed it back so that is 'good' news I guess.

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 07, 2016, 07:15:05 pm
Of course I'm not saying Montaric isn't good enough for Bama. I'm saying there are 10 more of him they could land. We aren't in that position. It is common knowledge amongst Ole Piss, Moo State, UGA, Tenner, LSU fans that Nicky likes his 4-5* from opponents territory. Not sure why you are in denial about it.

IF MB had announced Wednesday, I think it was gonna be for Bama. He pushed it back so that is 'good' news I guess.

Nick got 4 out of 16 from MS and Louisiana, so not really.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on July 07, 2016, 06:53:52 pm
We don't agree on much, but we do on this.

Hey, it's something I guess
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 07, 2016, 07:15:05 pm

You insinuated that the main motivation for Saban going hard after Montaric is to keep him from the Hogs. Now, whether you think he's good enough to play for Bama, I dont know. But I know Saban thinks he is and he's the best in the biz.
As for the "common knowledge" that Saban likes to take 4 and 5 star kids from opponent territory?  Well, yeah. Who wouldnt want 4 and 5 star kids from within the SEC footprint?  The best talent in the country comes from this region. But Saban doesnt give a crap about keeping a kid from the Hogs. Only whether the kid is the type of talent he's looking for.

LRHawg

The only way that argument would make sense, is if there wasn't a cap on the scholarships, and you could horde players. Hope he chooses the hogs.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: lefty08 on July 07, 2016, 06:52:32 pm

Not saying you are wrong, but this concept puzzles me.  What kind of world do we live in now where people base important decisions to any degree on what a bunch of (largely) anonymous a-holes, most of whom have been pointlessly engaged in never ending semantic warfare with each other for years like some kind of dante's inferno style level of hell, say on an Internet message board.

An Internet message board!!! You realize to some young people saying that you post on a "message board" is like saying you rent movies at Blockbuster?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hawgwash

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 08, 2016, 09:42:05 am
Not saying you are wrong, but this concept puzzles me.  What kind of world do we live in now where people base important decisions to any degree on what a bunch of (largely) anonymous a-holes, most of whom have been pointlessly engaged in never ending semantic warfare with each other for years like some kind of dante's inferno style level of hell, say on an Internet message board.

An Internet message board!!! You realize to some young people saying that you post on a "message board" is like saying you rent movies at Blockbuster?
Some of the recruits' and players'parents are on message boards, including Hogville.