Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest on Montaric Brown

Started by Richard Davenport, July 05, 2016, 09:56:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

First of all, thanks Richard.

Now, does it really piss anyone else off that Bama always seems to get that last visit right before a recruit's scheduled announcement date? I know we're thinking he's a Hog lean at the moment, but the truth is a big weekend in Tuscaloosa could be problematic. Here's hoping it doesn't sway him, MB is a stud and we need him a lot more than Bama does, to be honest.

ricepig

Quote from: LRHawg on July 05, 2016, 10:00:51 am
First of all, thanks Richard.

Now, does it really piss anyone else off that Bama always seems to get that last visit right before a recruit's scheduled announcement date? I know we're thinking he's a Hog lean at the moment, but the truth is a big weekend in Tuscaloosa could be problematic. Here's hoping it doesn't sway him, MB is a stud and we need him a lot more than Bama does, to be honest.

He's either going to be a Hog, or not, I can't worry about his visits, lol.

RedyorNot

It's bothersome, I agree, but it's hard to fault a kid for his due diligence. That said, I hope he does visit the Hill again before he announces.

LRHawg

Quote from: ricepig on July 05, 2016, 10:26:04 am
He's either going to be a Hog, or not, I can't worry about his visits, lol.

Then what fun is following recruiting, then? ;)

I would like to see us push to get that last visit with our main targets. I see Bama pull this tactic off a lot. They tried with Harris last year, but he ended up not going. They know the week of their decision is the best time to have the kid visit. This is a small investment, big return strategy that could be effective for us, given most kids surprise at our facilities and campus.

OLDHOG

We always lose one every year. I fear he may be the one, but I hope not.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: OLDHOG on July 05, 2016, 10:52:50 am
It's time we stop losing one every year. We need this to be the yer we get over the hump against those gumps and start giving these kids a reason to stay here

ricepig

Quote from: LRHawg on July 05, 2016, 10:51:42 am
Then what fun is following recruiting, then? ;)

I would like to see us push to get that last visit with our main targets. I see Bama pull this tactic off a lot. They tried with Harris last year, but he ended up not going. They know the week of their decision is the best time to have the kid visit. This is a small investment, big return strategy that could be effective for us, given most kids surprise at our facilities and campus.

These are unofficial visits, so I don't see how we have any control over it. If he wanted to make his last unofficial visit to Fayetteville, he would. Harris took his official and said "no thank you". Now, Jordan Jones was going to take one, and Bret said he wanted him to decommit if he was going to take the visit.

onebadrubi

Quote from: OLDHOG on July 05, 2016, 10:52:50 am

Who did we lose the last two years?

colbs

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 05, 2016, 11:40:57 am
Who did we lose the last two years?
No one last year.  KJ the year before.

The Hogfather

Quote from: colbs on July 05, 2016, 12:08:15 pm

Speaking of Hill, has he cracked the 8 deep yet?

SDZ_Hog

Bama got the last visit for Brain Wallace and De'jon Harris.   

Hogs run wild

miss the days of strong safety plays on the hill. we need this kid.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

LRHawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 05, 2016, 12:33:18 pm

from http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/spring-practice-2016/2016/04/69436/projecting-ohio-states-depth-chart-based-on-what-weve-seen-from-spring-practice

Z-receiver: Corey Smith (rSr); Johnnie Dixon (rSo) OR Terry McLaurin (rSo) OR James Clark (rJr); K.J. Hill (rFr)

Breakdown: Smith is probably the starter here when he, like Brown, returns in the fall. The other three, however, rotated quite often Saturday at the Z-spot as Ohio State looks to establish a deep threat it simply didn't have a year ago. Hill is probably in the mix here, as well, once he's fully recovered from an injury, as it seems he can play any of the receiver positions.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LRHawg on July 05, 2016, 01:23:29 pm
from http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/spring-practice-2016/2016/04/69436/projecting-ohio-states-depth-chart-based-on-what-weve-seen-from-spring-practice

Z-receiver: Corey Smith (rSr); Johnnie Dixon (rSo) OR Terry McLaurin (rSo) OR James Clark (rJr); K.J. Hill (rFr)

Breakdown: Smith is probably the starter here when he, like Brown, returns in the fall. The other three, however, rotated quite often Saturday at the Z-spot as Ohio State looks to establish a deep threat it simply didn't have a year ago. Hill is probably in the mix here, as well, once he's fully recovered from an injury, as it seems he can play any of the receiver positions.

5th string bruh! Go hogs!

bigdaddyhawg

Yes, and our receiving corp has suffered horribly in his absence.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Wildhog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 05, 2016, 01:47:00 pm
Yes, and our receiving corp has suffered horribly in his absence.

We sure could use him next year.  Gonna be thin.

Cornelius
Stewart
Pettway
Jones
Boateng
2017 class

Am I forgetting anyone?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

Now we can infer many different things, but what we know is we had one scholarship left and we got our top receiver that year from our board (per Bielema).  That receiver was D Reed and getting him eligible.  Now I say that knowing that we probably would have taken KJ,, but I am not sure he makes that catch over the middle that D Reed did in the Ole Miss game along with a couple of others. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on July 05, 2016, 02:05:37 pm
We sure could use him next year.  Gonna be thin.

Cornelius
Stewart
Pettway
Jones
Boateng
2017 class

Am I forgetting anyone?

Hammonds possibly?
Mcclure

But it will be a point of concern after this season for sure.  I am hoping though that Cornelius and Pettway are real leaders.  By all accounts Cornelius has shown he can and we've seen some good TE classes to lean on as well.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 05, 2016, 03:34:35 pm
What did I tell you.

IDK but a link or a reiterate it would be nice

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 05, 2016, 02:52:56 pm
Hammonds possibly?
Mcclure

But it will be a point of concern after this season for sure.  I am hoping though that Cornelius and Pettway are real leaders.  By all accounts Cornelius has shown he can and we've seen some good TE classes to lean on as well.

I am pretty excited to see what McClure an bring to the table.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogcam

Announcing tomorrow per his Twitter  :razorback:

Trey1981

Quote from: hogcam on July 05, 2016, 08:06:10 pm
Announcing tomorrow per his Twitter  :razorback:

Just saw RD retweet this as well.

This has gotta favor the Hogs, right?

LRHawg

Wonder what prompted the change? One of the things I love about following our recruiting is how unpredictable it can be! Things are awfully exciting for July! Hope he calls the  :razorback:'s

hogcam

Alabama or Arkansas.. Since an Alabama recruiting guy is tagged in the tweet

hawgmasta

Cure

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 05, 2016, 12:33:18 pm
He got hurt, but he was next up.

Welcome to the fold Montaric. :razorback:
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Horse racer

Makes me wonder who is running out of room ??

The_Boot_stops_here

The_Boot_stops_here

The Hawg Marshal

So do you guys know that he is committing to the Hogs, or are you just assuming?

31to6

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on July 05, 2016, 09:03:18 pm
So do you guys know that he is committing to the Hogs, or are you just assuming?
The Venn diagram of people who actually know and people who are posting that they know does not overlap.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

The Hawg Marshal

Well I know the crystal ball predictions are often wrong. But they are 4-2 for Alabama. So I hope we get him but if not I'll do my best to forget his name, just like I have the others that went to Bama.

AirWarren

AirWarren

LRHawg

Can't really get a solid gut feeling on this one. Bielema has shown the ability to keep our better players home, so I will give the hogs the benefit of the doubt and say he stays home.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Cure on July 05, 2016, 08:24:26 pm
He got hurt, but he was next up.

Welcome to the fold Montaric. :razorback:

Oh, sure.  Never to be heard from again (Hill).  Montaric, don't make the same mistake as all of these other guys!  The grass is not always greener on the other side.

lefty08

Danny West has said point blank he will be a hog.

Take it for what it's worth, but I haven't seen danny be so sure

Even he doesn't know what to think about the move up, though
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

onebadrubi

The sudden change is weird. Before this year I would say it doesn't favor us, but with the way our commits have came this recruiting season, it just might go in line with them. What's weird though is to release your visit schedule then announce shortly following.

HoopS

hawginbigd1

Sure is some wierd timing, but seems like the majority of his exposure recently is all Hog, and to announce during dead period coming off a family holiday weekend seems to bode well for the home team.

PorkRinds

Announcing before the recently scheduled bama visit has to be good for us, doesn't it?

longpig

Turning the table, were he an Alabama kid and was announcing before an upcoming visit to Fayetteville, I'd be thinking the worst.
Don't be scared, be smart.

PorkRinds

This is the text to coach Saban....

The Hawg Marshal

Richard Davenport Retweeted
August 24th
♌ ‏@yvngsimba3 12m12 minutes ago

Stay Tuned 🔊
Says now that he's waiting until the end of the month. That he needs to get his family involved in the recruiting process.