Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt isn't the problem, Arkansas is!

Started by Texas, September 24, 2005, 05:40:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Jedi

Texas, what exactly have you seen from Nutt (as a coach, not a person) that has made you continue to stand in his corner?

Big_D

Get this  bona fide   Texas a## licker off the Arkansas board,  NOW. You boys got all that money and Stoops still kicks your a##  every year just like clockwork. Hows all that money helping you there , slick.

Fletch

Spongebob: (while shaping his body like the state of Texas) "Hey Patrick, what am I?"
Patrick: "Uh, stupid."
Spongebob: "NO! I'm Texas"
Patrick: "Uh, What's the difference?" "Get a dog little longie."

Sorry, I have two young boys. That's my favorite episode.

I feel like $100

hogsgrl09

Quote from: Fletch on September 24, 2005, 08:32:48 pm
Spongebob: (while shaping his body like the state of Texas) "Hey Patrick, what am I?"
Patrick: "Uh, stupid."
Spongebob: "NO! I'm Texas"
Patrick: "Uh, What's the difference?" "Get a dog little longie."

Sorry, I have two young boys. That's my favorite episode.

haha. yes same here!
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

Big_D

And best of all a Arkansas boy owns your beloved Dallas Cowboys, God Bless Jerry Jones, and come to think of it the last three times they won the superbowl it was Arkansas grads who were coaching that beloved Texas icon. Drag your Texas A## on up here to the border and kiss it for those Arkansas boys for bailing you guys out. We will see if there is anyone we can send you that will help you beat Stoops, since he always whips you boys  A##  like a rented mule.

Hey i have one, since it's not HDN's fault, you sure you don't want him , he might finally help you guys beat  OKLAHOMA.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 05:40:12 pm
The fact is that we are no Alabama, Texas, Florida, or USC. We are Arkansas and comparable to Ole Miss and Kentucky. The reason is that we do not have the money, talent, and resources to ever bring it to the other level.

What the crap do you know?  We have an athletic budget that ranks in the top 30 year after year, and we have an endowment that is among the highest in the SEC.  You are full of darn.
[CENSORED]!

basscat

Texas u are a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!! if Texas is so great why don't they win the NC every year?????
and why has Arkansas beat them the last 2 out of 3 times we played them?? AND WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME TEXASSSSS BEAT BOB STOOPS???????

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: Patch on September 24, 2005, 05:42:02 pm
You are a certified dumbass

This was the perfect reply.  Patch said it all.  Don't respond anymore.

arkhogball

The reality is that Nutt did a fantastic job in getting these guys prepared after our worst lost in over 75 years. Nutt is not the issue, the issue is that we have all these great expectations and act as if we are surprised by our record. When was the last time we won the national championship? It was arguably 1964, and even that is questionable!

The fact is that we are no Alabama, Texas, Florida, or USC. We are Arkansas and comparable to Ole Miss and Kentucky. The reason is that we do not have the money, talent, and resources to ever bring it to the other level.

Maybe, just maybe if we could recruit again in Texas then we could get back to the glory days of Lou Holtz but until we change something (not our coach, more like our conference) maybe then we could compete.

And the 1964 champs were mainly arkansans how gave every bit of their heart and soul to the team.

It's better than having the best recruiting class in the nation every year just to be an average team (texas).

You do not have a clue!!!!!!!!

HawgWyld

The reality is that Nutt did a fantastic job in getting these guys prepared after our worst lost in over 75 years. Nutt is not the issue, the issue is that we have all these great expectations and act as if we are surprised by our record. When was the last time we won the national championship? It was arguably 1964, and even that is questionable!

Maybe, just maybe if we could recruit again in Texas then we could get back to the glory days of Lou Holtz but until we change something (not our coach, more like our conference) maybe then we could compete.

Now, that's the very attitude that's kept that worthless Boxcar Nutt in a job since the Las Vegas Bowl. "Nah, Houston's not the problem. He's a great coach! Arkansans just shouldn't expect to have a good team because of problems with recruiting, facilities, cash, those tough SEC opponents, blah, blah, blah."

I hope to God when we get rid of Nutt, he takes alleged fans like you with him. There is absolutely no reason Arkasnsas can't compete, and the UA has proven that time and time again. In addition to the "contested" national championship, the team grabbed an NCAA championship in basketball in 1994 (and ran out of gas on the way to another one in 1995), and let's talk about the fine showings in various years in baseball, women't basketball and that track team that's probably won another championship as I sit here writing this. While we're looking at accomplishments, we do have a little bit of football history to brag about -- consistent top 25 rankings while the Hogs were in the SWC, that 1978 Orange Bowl victory and etc., etc.

But, I hear a lot of talk from Nutt supporters about how our poor little program just can't compete and we ought to be lucky to have such a great coach as Houston "Boxcar" Nutt. The only thing I can figure is that you people believe Nutt is more important than the Razorback football program and will jump at the chance to defend the bum whenever possible. Otherwise, you might take a look at the history of the program and question why we have such an underachieving, outmatched pile of crap as head coach.

And, one final thing. A great program can be built damn near anywhere if the right facilities and coaches are put in place. We've got the great facilities, now it's time to get someone to steer the program in the right direction. Think Lincoln, Neb., and Norman, Okla., were considered desirable places to build football programs? Think those towns have more to offer athletes than Fayetteville? Nope. However, Nebraska and Oklahoma have had a number of successes through the years. They sure as hell didn't achieve anything by saying, "We're in the middle of nowhere and we're just not good enough to compete with the big boys."

HOGSnDOGS

And, one final thing. A great program can be built damn near anywhere if the right facilities and coaches are put in place.
Exactly!  Look what Urban Meyer did with Utah.  Shiite, I didn't even know that Utah had a fb program before last year.

jblack19

September 25, 2005, 12:08:33 am #61 Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 12:19:17 am by jblack19
Do you guys actually think we could have beaten USC??? God... USC will win again this year! And Bush is the next Heisman winner... I bleed hog blood, but dang, I knew we wouldnt beat USC. And loosing that game is Nutt's fault? OOOOkay.. whatever. We should have beat Alabama today, if it wasnt for an arrant pass we would have. Oh but ya, the pass interception is Nutt's fault.. again, whatever.......... Holtz lied to Arkansas, I will never respect a liar. Ford couldnt coach his way out of a wet paperbag.. and Crow.. **no comment**  I believe Nutt is the best coach for the job. He does have a OC he needs to let him do his job. I dont think firing Nutt would solve any issues except for some peoples obvious hatred for him. Thats my opinion, and whats great, we all have opinions..  :razorback:

secthumper

No fruit sucks like the big orange of TEXASS!!!!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

jblack19

Quote from: secthumper on September 25, 2005, 12:14:58 am
No fruit sucks like the big orange of TEXASS!!!!!

Unfortunately I live in Texas. So ya, TEXASS SU*KS!

Big_D

Quote from: jblack19 on September 25, 2005, 12:08:33 am
Do you guys actually think we could have beaten USC??? God... USC will win again this year! And Bush is the next Heisman winner... I bleed hog blood, but dang, I knew we wouldnt beat USC. And loosing that game is Nutt's fault? OOOOkay.. whatever. We should have beat Alabama today, if it wasnt for an arrant pass we would have. Oh but ya, the pass interception is Nutt's fault.. again, whatever.......... Holtz lied to Arkansas, I will never respect a liar. Ford couldnt coach his way out of a wet paperbag.. and Crow.. **no comment** I believe Nutt is the best coach for the job. He does have a OC he needs to let him do his job. I dont think firing Mutt would slove any issues except for some peoples obvious hatred for him. Thats my opinion, and whats great, we all have opinions..

You have made some great observations, like Danny Ford couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Well my friend while he was in that paper bag he picked himself up a national championship at Clemson! 

Talk crap when HDN has got one of those on his mantle!

A errant pass is what cost us this game, u gotta be kidding, did you not see anyone within 15 yards of their wideout on the TD pass? Third and twelve from their 13, late in game , we NEED a TD, logical choice for HDN, a draw up the middle and we pick up 3 yards. ENUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!

HawgWyld

Quote from: jblack19 on September 25, 2005, 12:08:33 am
Do you guys actually think we could have beaten USC???

That's not the point. After eight years, our program has develoved to the point where it doesn't have a chance against a team like USC. Accepting the job Boxcar Nutt had done so far is little more than an embrace of mediocrity. There are those of us out here who believe the Razorbacks can -- and should -- do a heck of a lot better.

RazorBacKing

I agree with mostly with this poster. I'm not dumping all of the blame for Arkansas' position on Houston Nutt, but when you lose 8 out of your last 11 (12, whatever the number is) SEC games, you have to expect your seat to be warm. So if Houston Nutt loses his job, in reality he can't look anywhere but in the mirror, however I do agree with his statement that Arkansas can not, and will not be able to compete on a yearly basis because of the budget.

This doesn't mean they can't compete EVER, certianly they have the budget to be able to compete, but not at the high level  on a yearly basis with schools like FLorida, Tennessee, Texas ect. As he said, Texas will spend 80 Million Dollars towards their athletic program, Arkansas' figure last year was 31.2 Million. That's almost a third. Putting money into the program doesn't automatically garentee you victories (as in Texas' case), however it gives you a MUCH better chance of being competitive on a yearly basis.

Arkansas just has SOOO many objectives to over come, they have a VERY small states so they have to recruite outside the state, and unfortunally for them, they don't play anyone in Texas on a yearly basis, so they are not able to get in on a lot of the top talent recruits. Arkansas then has to worry about a smaller budget the the majority of the schools in the SEC. Again, I keep saying the exact same thing. As fans you should want to do better. However  you shouldn't set those expecations too high.

jblack19

September 25, 2005, 12:35:09 am #67 Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 12:39:52 am by jblack19
This is your 1st post???? You could have done better then that? I think you miss the point. Getting rid of HDN has nothing to do w/ the usc game, but it does have to do w/ getting 70 hung on us? Hawaii did better then that... But you can like love the NUTT and keep the HOGS mediocre if you want? I say

FIRE HDN!!!
Oh so you bash the new guy.. we have the awesome NEW DC dont we?.. shouldnt he be blamed for the 70?  I didnt miss any point. Arkansas will never, I repeat NEVER compete with the likes of USC. No matter what you guys say. And firing Nutt wont put us in any position to compete with them. They will beat us next year, even at home. No matter who the coach is. Sorry to burst your bubble, but reality is reality.  ENUFF SAID///\\\  I replied to BIG D but it didnt post...And as for the draw, whos the OC??.?.? Here in this hick-a-fied Texas town, they dont show SEC/JP games. I listened to Paul EELS on ARSN, he said arrant, hes been calling games since I was in diapers, guess I shouldnt have quoted him, my bad..... :razorback:

Big_D

Quote from: jblack19 on September 25, 2005, 12:35:09 am
This is your 1st post???? You could have done better then that? I think you miss the point. Getting rid of HDN has nothing to do w/ the usc game, but it does have to do w/ getting 70 hung on us? Hawaii did better then that... But you can like love the NUTT and keep the HOGS mediocre if you want? I say

FIRE HDN!!!
Oh so you bash the new guy.. we have the awesome NEW DC dont we?.. shouldnt he be blamed for the 70?  I didnt miss any point. Arkansas will never, I repeat NEVER compete with the likes of USC. No matter what you guys say. And firing Nutt wont put us in any position to compete with them. They will beat us next year, even at home. No matter who the coach is. Sorry to burst your bubble, but reality is reality.  ENUFF SAID///\\\  I replied to BIG D but it didnt post...And as for the draw, whos the OC??.?.? Here in this hick-a-fied Texas town, they dont show SEC/JP games. I listened to Paul EELS on ARSN, he said arrant, hes been calling games since I was in diapers, guess I shouldnt have quoted him, my bad..... :razorback:

Who's the OC? Surely you are joking there aren't you, it's big boy Houston, himself, thats why I put that . He is the genius behind that call!!!!

jblack19

whatsshakinbacon... grammar? Is this English 101? Like I care about grammar in here. Oh, and Im glad you found my post to be one of the worst you have ever read. You havent read too many posts in here then.. GOD..  and in the 70's we competed in a crappy conference... NUFF SAID ABOUT THAT! hogapalooza.. I hope Im wrong... Believe me, Id love to win a Nat Champ.. I just dont see it anytime soon.. and especially having to compete in the SEC... moving to a different conference wouldnt be a bad choice. Did you know that Bobby Bowden makes over $31 mil a year...  Highest paid FB coach in NCAA. How much does Nutt make? Not close to that Im sure. And, please... bash what I say, not the grammar, thats just nick picking dont you think??

jblack19

Ok, I appologize.. I thought we had hired a OC.. my mistake. It was a bad call, I did agree with you. When you go back and forth to Iraq, its hard to keep up....

jblack19

Well it was reported today on CBS he made $31 mil a year... That I did see... unintelligible, I sure understood what I wrote..

jblack19

Argue that with CBS.. not me. It was on the screen for all to see... Maybe they figured in all the indorsements.. Heck if I know.

Texas

September 25, 2005, 08:34:15 am #73 Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 08:39:41 am by Texas
Quote from: Razorback Jedi on September 24, 2005, 07:22:48 pm
Texas, what exactly have you seen from Nutt (as a coach, not a person) that has made you continue to stand in his corner?

Razorback Jedi, In response to your comment, I think all of us are fans in part to Houston Nutt and this program has received national attention for the reality of being a 2nd tier program. After all, Miss State and Ole Miss (our comparables) will not get attention from a coach like Arkansas has. Looking at the talent he has, Nutt is an outstanding coach. He is a great recruiter and we should be thankful.

You made a comment yesterday asking why Iowa was so good if they are also in a similar size state economically. My response is look at who won yesterday. It was not Iowa.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Texas on September 25, 2005, 08:34:15 am

Razorback Jedi, In response to yor comment, I think all of us are fans in part to Houston Nutt and this program has received national attention for just be a good 2nd tier program. After all, Miss State and Ole Miss, our comparables will not get attention from a coach like Arkansas has. Looking at the talent he has, Nutt is an outstanding coach. He is great recruiter and we should be thankful.

You made a comment yesterday asking why Iowa was so good if they are also in a similar state. My response is look at who won yesterday. It was Iowa.

I just put you on permenant ignore......Bye
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 05:40:12 pmWhen was the last time we won the national championship? It was arguably 1964, and even that is questionable!

That is quetionable?  We were the only undefeated team after the bowl games.  Not questionable to me.
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.

Texas

Patch

Razorback Jedi, In response to your comment, I think all of us are fans in part to Houston Nutt and this program has received national attention for the reality of being a 2nd tier program. After all, Miss State and Ole Miss (our comparables) will not get attention from a coach like Arkansas has. Looking at the talent he has, Nutt is an outstanding coach. He is a great recruiter and we should be thankful.

You made a comment yesterday asking why Iowa was so good if they are also in a similar size state economically. My response is look at who won yesterday. It was not Iowa.

Common Sense is lost on you. You say that Arkansas doesn't have great talent, but Nutt is a great recruiter. Can't have it both ways champ. And in regards to Iowa, are you saying that Iowa isn't a good team because they lost to Ohio St. yesterday? I suppose Tennessee sucks since they lost to Florida last week huh? Iowa is beginning to be a perennial Top 20 or Top 15 team and as others have pointed out, they don't have anything that Arkansas doesn't have (except for a great coach and a number in front of the name Iowa). 

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: Texas on September 25, 2005, 08:57:14 am
then why is it disputed and shared?

The AP poll used to give out it's NC before the bowls were played.  In 1965, they changed to waiting until after the bowls.

That's why.

Bama lost their bowl game.  We beat Nebraska and were the only undefeated team.

wallyhog

Because of Alabama, they claim more nc's in football than the Hogs have in track.  So you tell me, if you are the only undefeated team, among the major teams at the end of year, who's the champs?

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: wallyhog on September 25, 2005, 09:02:16 am
Because of Alabama, they claim more nc's in football than the Hogs have in track. So you tell me, if you are the only undefeated team, among the major teams at the end of year, who's the champs?

Bama claims one in the 40's in which they didn't even win the SEC.  Miss State went undefeated in the SEC that season, yet somehow bama winds up with the NC and a 7-4 record.

wallyhog

Quote from: The Max Swineberg 7 on September 25, 2005, 09:05:30 am
Quote from: wallyhog on September 25, 2005, 09:02:16 am
Because of Alabama, they claim more nc's in football than the Hogs have in track. So you tell me, if you are the only undefeated team, among the major teams at the end of year, who's the champs?

Bama claims one in the 40's in which they didn't even win the SEC. Miss State went undefeated in the SEC that season, yet somehow bama winds up with the NC and a 7-4 record.
BUT SON it's BAMA!

Texas

In terms of recruiting, Nutt is a great recruiter when it comes to having a 2nd tier program like our. That is why Nutt is a great recruiter. In terms of coaching, Nutt is good b/c he can take the mediocre talent base and compete against tier 1 programs.

Theolesnort

Quote from: Texas on September 24, 2005, 06:05:31 pm
Unfortunately, it has come down to money just look at which schools have the biggest budgets. Those are the ones constantly in the Top 10.
Actually I don't know why I am responding to you but I will let you in on what I know. Many of the same schools you are referring to about their huge budgets are on the verge of crises because of title 9 or 10 whichever one that deals with equity in women's sports. It is a fact that the Razorback Foundation is flush with funds and certain boosters have made it known that if more is needed it will be provided. Ark has resources that are only dreamed of at other top Universities and to be fair Texas is in the same boat but not to many other Universities can make that claim due to resources being spread to thin by the increase in women's sports.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Texas

Logically, no program is going to let the football suffer if they are low or not in complience with the "equity in women's sports". Other programs also have the ability to suffer money around.

Look at all the schools in the top 10 year in and year out, its the one's with the most bling.

Big_D

One word--------IDIOT

Big_D

Quote from: Texas on September 25, 2005, 09:07:24 am
In terms of recruiting, Nutt is a great recruiter when it comes to having a 2nd tier program like our. That is why Nutt is a great recruiter. In terms of coaching, Nutt is good b/c he can take the mediocre talent base and compete against tier 1 programs.

Another word------Banned

HOGSnDOGS

Quote from: jblack19 on September 25, 2005, 12:57:41 am
whatsshakinbacon... grammar? Is this English 101? Like I care about grammar in here. Oh, and Im glad you found my post to be one of the worst you have ever read. You havent read too many posts in here then.. GOD.. and in the 70's we competed in a crappy conference... NUFF SAID ABOUT THAT! hogapalooza.. I hope Im wrong... Believe me, Id love to win a Nat Champ.. I just dont see it anytime soon.. and especially having to compete in the SEC... moving to a different conference wouldnt be a bad choice. Did you know that Bobby Bowden makes over $31 mil a year... Highest paid FB coach in NCAA. How much does Nutt make? Not close to that Im sure. And, please... bash what I say, not the grammar, thats just nick picking dont you think??
$31 million a year?  That's the first I have heard that.  Maybe Oakley Sunglass company is paying him $30 mill to wear their products on t.v. 
Crappy conference in the 70's?  I am sorry, was it not Darrell (sp?) Royal that kept the Longhorns in the national eye for most of his tenure.  And god, it hurts me to even post that! 
And back to the money issue, your head coach gets paid what he deserves.  Bowden has won how many NC?

HOGSnDOGS

Compete against who??  DIIA only!

Patch

Danny Ford was able to get much better talent than Nutt, as evidenced by Nutt's first 2 seasons.  He just couldn't coach them. Nutt hasn't recruited the same calibur talent. Arkansas can get a coach to recruit and coach top level talent. Nutt is not that coach.

Razorback Jedi

Both points are arguable, but I want to ask you what is your definition of "compete against tier 1 programs".

Nutts record against SEC Teams (credit Turnberry):

Wins   Losses
Bama   4   3
Kentucky   2   2
SC   5   2
Auburn   4   3
Ole Miss   4   3
Tenn   1   4
Miss St   6   1
LSU   3   4
Georgia   0   4 (including SEC Championship game)
Florida   0   2   
Vandy   0   1    29   29

What is Nutts record against Top 25 teams?
11 wins, 16 losses

Here's a stat for you over the last 3 years:
Since the start of the 2003 season against SEC teams with winning records, Arkansas is 1-11.

2003 (0-4):
L-Auburn
L-Florida
L-Ole Miss
L-LSU

2004 (1-5)
W-Alabama
L-Florida
L-Auburn
L-Georgia
L-South Carolina
L-LSU

2005 (0-2)
L-Vanderbilt
L-Alabama

Lastly, and this sums up Nutt as a coach, here is a breakdown of Nutts record (credit to Bomis Hawg)

Houston Nutt is 11-16 against Ranked teams.
Ranked Teams By Site: 7-5 at Home; 3-8 on the Road; 1-3 on Neutral Field.
They are 28-1 against teams with Losing Records.
They are 23-32 against teams with Winning Records.
Played 2 D1-AA teams (one because of 9/11).

Break Down:
98: 1-2 vs. Top 25; 6-0 Losing; 3-3 Winning
99: 3-1 vs. Top 25; 5-1 Losing; 3-3 Winning
00: 2-3 vs. Top 25; 2-0 Losing; 3-6 Winning *Played Missouri State/SMS
01: 2-2 vs. Top 25; 2-0 Losing; 4-5 Winning *Played Weber State
02: 2-2 vs. Top 25; 4-0 Losing; 5-5 Winning
03: 1-1 vs. Top 25; 5-0 Losing; 4-4 Winning
04: 0-5 vs. Top 25; 4-0 Losing; 1-6 Winning

Arkansas has played 88 games in the Houston Nutt era.  They have been ranked for 21 of those, compiling a record of 12-9 during those games.  Arkansas is 2-2 when ranked and facing a ranked foe.

------

Now tell me Texas, what is your definition of "competing against tier 1 programs"?

LILROCK-N-Nole

Hey Texas , why bother trying to explain to these freaking idiots ...I've been preaching about this time and time again and I get the same response.....FIRE BROYLES(your O.C) and maybe you guys will start winning....NUTT IS  FRANKS BOY fire the source if not wait another 41 years for a N.C.  ;D I love this state I would love the hogs if you get rid af Broyles but I cannot take a program serious when all the want to do is settle for mediocracy..,  its a damn shame how one man can control so much . In a NUTT-SHELL TEXAS just sit back and enjoy the biatching ... I do every weekend !!!!!LMAO ;D :puke:

Texas

Here is the only senerio that could possibly work. Fire Broyles and make Nutt as the AD. Then Nutt could hire Butch Davis or better yet, bring back Ken Hatfield!

Texas

Razorback Jedi, again you show that you are not indeed a Jedi yet! You act like Anikan in your quick assumptions! If I can credit anything good to Broyles is that he at least is becoming tamer as he is aging. No longer is he firing coaches over stupid things (i.e. Hatfield) and seems to be holding on to Nutt because as he says, "Nutt is the best coach for the job". The reality is Nutt is not getting fired and doesn't need to.

Sure we win some of our "1 tier school" competitions but let us really examine our play against top tier programs. Remember our last visit to the SEC Championship. I don't have to explain that one.
How about our record against Florida?
And really Tennessee for that matter, we are just 1-4.

But the reality is that Nutt has taken mediocracy and allowed us to have some great games. For that I am thankful!

arkhogball

You can stop saying "we" and "us" when referring to the Razorbacks.  We all know that you are an ordinary, uneducated Texan that thinks you are God's gift to this country just because you live in the biggest state. 

You are probably a Lohghorn fan who is embarrassed about losing to hdn 2 out of 3 times so you say he is a great coach.  He is a better coach than mack who does so little with so much, but I wouldn't want him coaching the Hogs either.  We would have lost every game last year if mack was our coach.  The sad thing is, he might actually win a nc this year (just giving you false hope, because we all know usc has it won).

GO POST ON ANOTHER BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: Texas on September 25, 2005, 03:22:13 pm

But the reality is that Nutt has taken mediocracy and allowed us to have some great games. For that I am thankful!

I can recall a handful of "great" games where we won the game. Not enough to keep a coach just so that we can hopefully be "in" some games in the future.

If you want an average football program, Nutt is the man.

If you want a winning football program, Nutt's 8 seasons has proven that he is a middle of the pack. That, you CANNOT disagree with because the proof is in the pudding. Nutt is 29-29 in 8 seasons as an SEC coach.

Texas

Razorback Jedi, your turn changes all to often. Last year it was pull Matt Jones now its Houston Nutt. Who will it be next year? Our problems go much deeper than Houston Nutt and that's what I have been preaching this whole time. 

jblack19

ive been a member here for a little over a day and i love it! reading all this is like a really bad southern family reunion.. lol

HawgWyld

Oh, he's been competing against Tier 1 programs, has he? Since when? Let's see, there was 1998 (a season built on the backs of Danny Ford's recruits) and some limited success in 1999. The program's headed south since then, and our record in the SEC just proves it.

Want to know the problem with our football program? I'd say you'd have to look no further than you Nutt loving fans who seem to believe silencing the man's critics and setting up for life in a cozy job is more important than the success of the program. You folks, seemingly, will blame everything under the sun except your boy, Houston. What is it about the guy that makes you people fawn all over him in such a sickening manner?