Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reading Old Jump Ball Threads

Started by uncle bubs, April 21, 2016, 11:27:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle bubs

I got bored and started reading old threads. I read about Marvel Waithe's potential, Rotnei Clarke's live streamed commitment, BJ Young's eligibility, Marshawn Powell's injuries, and J-Noble's skills being underestimated (pardon the misspellings). I read how everybody seemed to love Pel while he was reeling in recruits, and how "we should win 25+ games" in 2011-12 with Anderson at the helm. Devonte Abron was supposed to be God's gift to Fayetteville. Aaron Ross would surely suit up as a Hog.

It's so funny, and a little sad, looking back at the overwhelming optimism surrounding guys like Waithe and Nobles. The potential was always there for BJ and Marshawn Powell. I don't recall Abron even doing much while here. If y'all have some time to kill, I suggest reading those old threads. You'll get a kick out of em'. 

Edit: Also, I didn't see any journalists necessarily saying all of these things, just us fans. Making sure I'm not throwing anyone under the bus. Y'all have a good night!
God bless the Boston Mountains.

uncle bubs

It also makes me skeptical of getting overly excited about recruits and the "what if's". Just enjoy the process and hope it goes well. We know a lot less than we think we do.

Pork Twain

I prefer to no longer get excited about recruits until I actually see them suit up and do something.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

uncle bubs

Quote from: Pork Twain on April 27, 2016, 05:48:29 am
I prefer to no longer get excited about recruits until I actually see them suit up and do something.
I still get excited and hopeful, but I'm learning to keep it in check. All over the country kids show potential, then drop off the face of the earth, almost like minor league baseball. I'm hopeful this 2016 class will be special, but they've got to be willing to hang around for awhile to make it happen. Maybe they will.