Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1993-94 @Memphis Highlights

Started by Jborohog09, March 24, 2016, 01:17:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hog teams of that era were shockingly good.

phadedhawg

My very first Razorback game.  I remember it very well.  What an evening! 

I couldn't talk for a couple days afterwards.  Too much yelling.

PoormansRobbyHampton

I was at this game. Great times!

Atlhogfan1

Notice the work Darnell was doing in the paint as a freshman.  The post move, the hook from the baseline, the putback, the kick out to Thurman,...  Some of our fans would wet themselves if they saw a post player do those things as a freshman now. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

phadedhawg

I watch a lot of Warmachine vids on youtube and I'm always struck by how talented those teams were.  However, it's important to remind oneself that these are the highlights.  Even on those great teams there were nights were they stunk it up a bit too. 

Obv, nothing like we've endured in the decades that followed but it's worth keeping in mind when nostalgia takes hold.   

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 25, 2016, 12:17:47 pm
I watch a lot of Warmachine vids on youtube and I'm always struck by how talented those teams were.  However, it's important to remind oneself that these are the highlights.  Even on those great teams there were nights were they stunk it up a bit too. 

Obv, nothing like we've endured in the decades that followed but it's worth keeping in mind when nostalgia takes hold.   

True, but in those days, I thought we would, or at least could, beat anyone, anywhere.
And we did.

Now, I hope or pray we win vs most opponents.
Against top 25 talent, I pray we don't get embarrassed.   If we win, that's just icing on the cake.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Razorod on March 27, 2016, 08:01:37 am
Man, the memories.
Yeah, but I'm ready for some new memories.   :razorback:

lutherheggs

All of top 50 college bball back then was "shockingly good" compared to the 20 years since.

I can't stand Vitale. "...at the Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville. Named after Bud Walton...of Wal-mart fame." No s**t, Sherlock? Just flapping his lips and not aware of what comes out. He's a bs artist in my opinion.

SuperSid4Ever

Quote from: lutherheggs on March 28, 2016, 10:27:21 pm
All of top 50 college bball back then was "shockingly good" compared to the 20 years since.

I can't stand Vitale. "...at the Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville. Named after Bud Walton...of Wal-mart fame." No s**t, Sherlock? Just flapping his lips and not aware of what comes out. He's a bs artist in my opinion.

The ones I couldn't stand to listen to were Billy Packer and Verne Lundquist.  Vitale is just a windbag cheerleader for whoever is winning at the time.

RacinRazorback

Amazing watching this! It would be great to be relevant again!

lutherheggs

Quote from: RacinRazorback on March 29, 2016, 11:09:04 am
Amazing watching this! It would be great to be relevant again!
It would be great to be normal weight, rich and good-looking, but you never will be any of those.

go hogues

Everyone I knew had a pair of those shorts. Not only were we a force to be reckoned with, we looked good doing it!

My parents let me stay up late for that game (and every game that season) and they told me years later that there was a strong sense that we would go all the way that year and they didn't want me to miss something like that, even if I was only in the sixth grade at the time. God bless them and keep them.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

OLDHOG

The best in the land. I'd love being there again. Nothing wrong with dreaming, right?

jgphillips3

In those days I wanted to play anyone, anywhere, anytime and I knew we could win.  Those days are most likely gone forever.  I'm glad I at least got to live through them.

HamSammich

We need to make these video clips mandatory auto loop for Baptist and University hospital new borns unit.