Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

aTm Game depth chart

Started by ricepig, September 18, 2017, 10:09:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Let's hope Bielema comes to his senses and that is not the starting Offensive Line on Saturday.

A&M will line up their best DT right over Clary and bull rush him straight into the backfield every play. We will get no push running the ball.

AirWarren

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 18, 2017, 10:12:37 am
Let's hope Bielema comes to his senses and that is not the starting Offensive Line on Saturday.

A&M will line up their best DT right over Clary and bull rush him straight into the backfield every play. We will get no push running the ball.

First thing I noticed.

No Merrick. No Jackson on the offensive line positioned to start.

TJ hammonds behind Deon Stewart.

Man...

The_Iceman

Quote from: AP85 on September 18, 2017, 10:13:59 am
First thing I noticed.

Man...

I would take the backup RG and RT over the starters any day.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 18, 2017, 10:12:37 am

You can't convince me that Raulerson or Merrick aren't better options than Clary.  The kid has not had enough time to get his body prepared for what is coming.  It's sad.   Even massively strong and heavy Shawn Andrews wasn't ready this early.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HawgTrough

WPS

Polecat

Also, no O'Grady listed. Cantrell still starting. Jeez
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

RazorPiggie

Quote from: AP85 on September 18, 2017, 10:13:59 am
First thing I noticed.

Man...

Jackson is starting.

AirWarren

AirWarren

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Polecat on September 18, 2017, 10:18:41 am

We rotate TEs about as often as we do WRs.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: AP85 on September 18, 2017, 10:20:12 am
What did he do, kick him off the team??
No reason to take a kicker who isn't going to kick. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

AirWarren

It's annoying.....at this point. No way that Cantrell kid is better that CJ.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 18, 2017, 10:19:10 am
Jackson is starting.
He meant Wallace I'm sure, but didn't say that.

How many times has anyone seen Clary just get whipped through two games? Be nice to accompany a game quarter and time so we can review or see if you are just making crap up. 

Every OL gets beat occasionally.  I believe we have a bigger issue at the tackle position than RG.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: AP85 on September 18, 2017, 10:21:45 am

Cantrell can block.

Wildhog

So no changes except for Hedlund being completely removed from the depth chart.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 18, 2017, 10:17:38 am
You can't convince me that Raulerson or Merrick aren't better options than Clary.  The kid has not had enough time to get his body prepared for what is coming.  It's sad.   Even massively strong and heavy Shawn Andrews wasn't ready this early.

Agreed. You have Merrick, Wallace, Raulerson, and even the 3 freshmen that came in during the spring. You telling me a 6'3" 280lb true freshman is really the best option we have? Not buying it.

JaketheSnake

Cantrell is the better blocker and is a decent pass catcher.  Cheyenne is more of a pass catcher.

Uncle Remus

Notice Cole Hedlund has been completely removed from existence....such a juvenile!  :P

JaketheSnake

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 18, 2017, 10:23:25 am
Agreed. You have Merrick, Wallace, Raulerson, and even the 3 freshmen that came in during the spring. You telling me a 6'3" 280lb true freshman is really the best option we have? Not buying it.
Remember the people yelling about Raulerson last year? He was the weak link. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 18, 2017, 10:22:20 am

How many times has anyone seen Clary just get whipped through two games? Be nice to accompany a game quarter and time so we can review or see if you are just making crap up. 

Every OL gets beat occasionally.  I believe we have a bigger issue at the tackle position than RG.

Clary is solid in pass blocking because he is smaller and quicker. But he gets no push in run blocking.

rhames

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 18, 2017, 10:23:25 am

Do you think they would play weaker players on purpose?

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

RME

It's almost as if the coaches know the team and players better than the posters here know the team and players...

No, that can't be right. This forum is filled with college football experts.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 18, 2017, 10:23:02 am
Cantrell can block.

Except when he does not. CJ is the best recieving option on this team. If they do not specifically endeavor to get him maybe TE in loved then maybe they are as bad as some people around here say they are.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Kevin

so the coaching did all this assessing and came up with the same depth chart. must have put in a lot of hours.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RazorPiggie

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2017, 10:25:10 am

Do you think they would play weaker players on purpose?

I think a lot of guys on here think they do.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 18, 2017, 10:26:22 am
Except when he does not. CJ is the best recieving option on this team. If they do not specifically endeavor to get him maybe TE in loved then maybe they are as bad as some people around here say they are.

I don't remember Cantrell dropping any when he stays in bounds.

Dominicanhog

Stewart is still the kick returner.. is his longest return 20 yards?.. and any clean shot on him and he fumbles.. I wish they would give someone else a chance, we've seen Dion for over  a year and I can't remember any decent returns...

Tusks

definition of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dominicanhog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 18, 2017, 10:31:42 am

this, though, I have seen one handed catches, catches thrown behind his back and lunging catches.. he had the only bad game I've seen last week and though it was bad, it was not the reason we lost...

JaketheSnake

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 18, 2017, 10:24:35 am
Clary is solid in pass blocking because he is smaller and quicker. But he gets no push in run blocking.
No push doesn't equal getting whipped as some has suggested.  Generally if an OL can be in the way, he wins.

He is lighter for sure. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 18, 2017, 10:36:51 am
this, though, I have seen one handed catches, catches thrown behind his back and lunging catches.. he had the only bad game I've seen last week and though it was bad, it was not the reason we lost...

CJ just happens to be better at the one phase of the game we were pretty completely devoid of against TCU.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 18, 2017, 10:43:42 am
CJ just happens to be better at the one phase of the game we were pretty completely devoid of against TCU.

QB has to get them the ball....I know we like to say nobody is open, but's that's not the whole truth...

Marshfieldhog

Sweet! I needed me some more Deon Stewart as KO returner.

Doesn't look like many changes minus kicker. Going down with the ship I guess.

woodhog14

Why, why, why is Deon Stewart still returning kicks? How in the world is TJ Hammaonds not back there instead. It seems every week BB and Enos say, "we need to get TJ involved more, we need to get him touches...he's the most explosive player on the team", but then nothing.

I don't understand? If he's that explosive, get him the ball as much as possible.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

al_pigcino

Quote from: woodhog14 on September 18, 2017, 10:49:38 am
Why, why, why is Deon Stewart still returning kicks? How in the world is TJ Hammaonds not back there instead. It seems every week BB and Enos say, "we need to get TJ involved more, we need to get him touches...he's the most explosive player on the team", but then nothing.

I don't understand? If he's that explosive, get him the ball as much as possible.
Maybe they put him back every day to test and he fumbles the punt/kick? 

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 18, 2017, 10:16:11 am
I would take the backup RG and RT over the starters any day.

Why?  What have they done to show you they deserve to do that?

I haven't seen clary get blown up yet, but your assumption seems so much more fitting than the people watching them in practice.   Your comments are made of ignorance.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 18, 2017, 10:17:38 am

We haven't seen him fail yet.  I swear, I think some of you all hope Clary fails.  Yet the kid hasn't failed yet and you still are wishing he would be replaced. 

onebadrubi

He is listed behind Cantrell.  O'grady being listed behind Cantrell is not really a true 2 deep.  It's more of a package thing, they are not the same type player in any facet of the game. 

woodhog14

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 18, 2017, 10:52:43 am
Maybe they put him back every day to test and he fumbles the punt/kick? 

That could be.

onebadrubi

Quote from: AP85 on September 18, 2017, 10:20:12 am
What did he do, kick him off the team??

He's behind Limpert who has been doing Kick offs and mazza who is the 2nd team and most likely getting the nod at a FG if we attempt one. 

onebadrubi

See my above post.  Cantrell isn't starting over O grady, it's a package thing. 

longpig

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 18, 2017, 10:37:20 am
No push doesn't equal getting whipped as some has suggested.  Generally if an OL can be in the way, he wins.

He is lighter for sure.

Clary doesn't habitually miss assignments and jump off sides like Raulerson either.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

PorkRinds

Quote from: woodhog14 on September 18, 2017, 10:49:38 am

Maybe he struggles to catch kicks?

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 18, 2017, 10:24:35 am

Clary is to help Ragnow get to teh second level.  A guard that can take care of the rush and free up the center is a great asset and if he is doing that then he is doing his job.  So far we've seen him not get beat in pass rush which is huge and if you want to start blaming Clary for our rush or lack off then you are just point a finger to point it. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 18, 2017, 10:31:42 am

Was it cantrell that went out of the back of the endzone?  I was thinking it was O'grady?

GuvHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 18, 2017, 10:22:20 am

He's making crap up. Clary graded out at 90+ percent against TCU. He was easily the 3rd best O-Lineman on the field behind Ragnow and Froholdt. He was very close to them.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

longpig

Any rumors of a change at HC?