Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A figurative shot into the dark, I figure.

Started by AcornHunter, December 11, 2014, 06:26:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AcornHunter

Misleading . . . probably; but hopefully it got your attention and maybe someone on HV has some helpful info.

I'm on the verge of buying a commercial chamber vacuum sealer, I think.  I'm tired of waiting on FoodSaver types to cool down after a few runs and replacing them every couple of years.  I know that the chamber styles are high dollar but after cyphering in bag cost, machine replacement cost, time, and the headache factor, I'm willing to dig deep for the bucks . . . I think.  I've done my Googlin, research, and am wary of made in China.

Have any of you had any firsthand experience with chamber style vacuum sealers?

Yes, it has been a very productive season.  I humbly thank you, LORD, for the bounty you offer.

And I thank you readers for your time.

Have fun!

grayhawg

Quote from: AcornHunter on December 11, 2014, 06:26:27 pm
Misleading . . . probably; but hopefully it got your attention and maybe someone on HV has some helpful info.

I'm on the verge of buying a commercial chamber vacuum sealer, I think.  I'm tired of waiting on FoodSaver types to cool down after a few runs and replacing them every couple of years.  I know that the chamber styles are high dollar but after cyphering in bag cost, machine replacement cost, time, and the headache factor, I'm willing to dig deep for the bucks . . . I think.  I've done my Googlin, research, and am wary of made in China.

Have any of you had any firsthand experience with chamber style vacuum sealers?

Yes, it has been a very productive season.  I humbly thank you, LORD, for the bounty you offer.

And I thank you readers for your time.

Have fun!

Wow you must really do well, I have a foodsaver I've had for 7 or 8 years and my son and have done at least 3 deer a year + a 1/2 beef every year or two.

DeltaBoy

Google is your friend  My mom got one she got at Sams Club and she loves it.  No more Freezer burned meat.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AcornHunter

grayhawg,

We vacuum pack more than just game.  We also tend a large vegetable garden, several fruit and nut trees, plus berries.

I can't bring myself, yet, to fire such an expensive shot, but my finger sure is itchy.

DeltaBoy,

Do you know what make and model your mom purchased?

Thanks for the responses.

Have fun!

grayhawg

Quote from: AcornHunter on December 15, 2014, 10:04:25 pm
grayhawg,

We vacuum pack more than just game.  We also tend a large vegetable garden, several fruit and nut trees, plus berries.

I can't bring myself, yet, to fire such an expensive shot, but my finger sure is itchy.

DeltaBoy,

Do you know what make and model your mom purchased?

Thanks for the responses.

Have fun!

Gotcha.

AcornHunter

I pulled the trigger on a Sammic 310S.  It's a nice machine that has much suckin to do to warrant my shot.