Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yeti Coolers

Started by Southerneyes, July 29, 2013, 08:12:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 30, 2013, 01:36:47 pm
I have the 55 and have always been extremely impressed with this thing. If you follow the directions even half ass it will hold ice a week in warm conditions. Only downfall is if seal is wet...when or if it shuts hard it is SEALED. Gotta pry it open.

this will fall on dead ears, no one with actual hands on experience with the yeti's opionion matters. i got one for free, so i have no bias... have nothing in it, like it so much i bought the 45. oh ya--its a status symbol. ;D

they are great coolers--better than any cooler of any other brand i have personally owned... they are the most durable cooler, evah. i want one of the new blue ones, badly.

http://store.yeticoolers.com/?gclid=CPXV75aAprkCFbDm7AodUnYAtA
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 30, 2013, 01:36:47 pm
I have the 55 and have always been extremely impressed with this thing. If you follow the directions even half ass it will hold ice a week in warm conditions.

Only downfall is if seal is wet...when or if it shuts hard it is SEALED. Gotta pry it open.

Quote from: talley on August 30, 2013, 02:56:51 pm
hot glue a dime where it closes in the front and it wont do this, but still close off enough to keep everything cold for a week.

i have a buddy and his will not seal, i bet he would trade ya ;D

talley

Quote from: gotyacovered on August 30, 2013, 03:26:01 pm

thats okay lol.... i was just saying that i saw that trick somewhere and did it and it works great! 

gotyacovered

Quote from: talley on August 30, 2013, 03:33:39 pm
thats okay lol.... i was just saying that i saw that trick somewhere and did it and it works great! 

i bet it does... i wonder if just a drop of hot glue would do the trick?

jkstock04

Quote from: talley on August 30, 2013, 02:56:51 pm
hot glue a dime where it closes in the front and it wont do this, but still close off enough to keep everything cold for a week.
Cool! Thanks for the tip! So hot glue and not supper glue huh?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: gotyacovered on August 30, 2013, 03:26:01 pm
Think ill keep it! Lol would rather seal good than not at all!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PonderinHog

"Nothing better than a good tight seal" - anonymous igloo dweller.

talley

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 30, 2013, 06:48:37 pm
Cool! Thanks for the tip! So hot glue and not supper glue huh?

Sorry super glue.... It still seals good it just makes it to where u can always open it...

gotyacovered

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 31, 2013, 08:07:02 am

Yetis seal so tightly that people are coming up with ways to prevent them from sealing so tight they are hard to open... Never had that problem with igloo/coleman.

OldCoot

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 31, 2013, 08:07:02 am

Ever hear of the dying quiver? :D

DeltaBoy

Still over priced for me since I got coolers from 2 quart up to 45 quarts in Gott , Coleman and Igloo.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grizzlyfan

The selling point for a Yeti is the durability, not necessarily keeping things cold.  Grizzly proof and all that, for all the grizzly bears I run into.  And yes it has become a status symbol.

HuntinHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 05, 2013, 11:01:24 am
The selling point for a Yeti is the durability, not necessarily keeping things cold.  Grizzly proof and all that, for all the grizzly bears I run into.  And yes it has become a status symbol.

Eh, there are a lot of expensive things I want, I don't care if people think they're a status symbol.  It's like those Columbia fishing shirts, most of us have had a few of those in the closet for like 10-15 years.  Imagine my shock when I went to campus for the first time in a while and blended in with the college kids.  Just because everyone likes them doesn't change that they're awesome.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: HuntinHog on November 05, 2013, 12:23:48 pm

Eh, there are a lot of expensive things I want, I don't care if people think they're a status symbolIt's like those Columbia fishing shirts, most of us have had a few of those in the closet for like 10-15 years.  Imagine my shock when I went to campus for the first time in a while and blended in with the college kids.  Just because everyone likes them doesn't change that they're awesome.

Yep, I understand.  Lot's of expensive things I would like, just can't afford them. Don't guess I have anything that could really be considered a status symbol....it's sure not my chevy truck, or igloo ice chests.   If I come across a shirt that has "Yeti" printed on the front, I may splurge & pick that up.......if it's marked down to half price or less. Then I can proudly walk into the 7-11 with my Yeti shirt on, get 2 bags of ice, walk to my truck & throw them in my igloo.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 05, 2013, 11:01:24 am

Some of my coolers are over 25 years old.  If you wash them ,don't abuse them and give them some Armor All every year and store them indoors they last just fine.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Hogfly

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on November 05, 2013, 10:58:06 pm
Yep, I understand.  Lot's of expensive things I would like, just can't afford them. Don't guess I have anything that could really be considered a status symbol....it's sure not my chevy truck, or igloo ice chests.   If I come across a shirt that has "Yeti" printed on the front, I may splurge & pick that up.......if it's marked down to half price or less. Then I can proudly walk into the 7-11 with my Yeti shirt on, get 2 bags of ice, walk to my truck & throw them in my igloo.

I've got Costa croakies on my crappy, cheap polarized sunglasses.

DeltaBoy

If I win one I will use it.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Hogfly on November 08, 2013, 12:32:00 pm

I've got Costa croakies on my crappy, cheap polarized sunglasses.

Good idea, you made those sunglasses go up in value.

You gave me an idea with that.  Going to find a "Sako" sticker, & put it on my Marlin rifle.  If anybody questions it, I will just say.....yeah, well its a new Sako model....

Hogfly

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on November 12, 2013, 02:07:50 am
Good idea, you made those sunglasses go up in value.

You gave me an idea with that.  Going to find a "Sako" sticker, & put it on my Marlin rifle.  If anybody questions it, I will just say.....yeah, well its a new Sako model....

It was the only brand of croakie they carried. I think the croakies cost more than the shades.

I'd actually love to have some Costas, as I do think that there's a huge difference with good glass... but I lose sunglasses way, way too much to splurge on a pair. I used to wear Smith Optics or Spy all the time because I could get them cheap with my job back then, but I have to go with the cheap brands these days.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Hogfly on November 12, 2013, 10:18:14 am
It was the only brand of croakie they carried. I think the croakies cost more than the shades.

I'd actually love to have some Costas, as I do think that there's a huge difference with good glass... but I lose sunglasses way, way too much to splurge on a pair. I used to wear Smith Optics or Spy all the time because I could get them cheap with my job back then, but I have to go with the cheap brands these days.

Yep, agree with you about the difference in the good glass & cheap stuff.  In the past, I always had the cheap sunglasses, just like you I broke them or lost them.  Finally went to the Dr. & had to get prescription sunglasses, got 2 pair.  Now I keep them in a hard case if I am not wearing them, can't afford to lose or break these.  The quality of glass certainly makes a difference.

DeltaBoy

Croakies are great and I got a pair or two. But I can buy tons of Ice for what a Yeti cost.

RazorWild

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com

Thought yall might be interested

Friend of mine told be about this backpack cooler.  Had never heard of them, so after reading stellar reviews, got one for tailgate hopping in Starkville.  It's legit.  I put bout a case of beer and over a bag of ice; as well as stuff to mix my wife's drinks.  You have to pack it a certain way but it's great!  Left it in my hot truck till Tuesday.  Had lots of slushy ice left and hadn't sweat or leaked.  Great price too!

HawgWild

Quote from: pigture perfect on August 28, 2013, 10:02:27 am
I had a friend from Alaska send me some Caribou meat a couple of years back. He packed it in a sturdy styrofoam cooler sealed with polyurethane and wrapped in duct tape. He sent it on  a Friday and I got it on Wednesday still frozen. That cooler probably costs about $6.

Similar story for me. I order tamales from Tucson Tamale. They ship them frozen, 2 day air in these really thick Styrofoam boxes. Ordered some a couple of summers back when we were having 100+ degree weather. They arrived still frozen. I've got 5 of these in various sizes in my garage that I choose from depending on what needs cooling. Took a large one up to Canada with me last month. Worked like a charm and didn't leak. Of course, you can't toss it around like a Coleman or Yeti but they're free.

BTW - They make really good tamales out there.

twistitup

Quote from: HawgWild on November 07, 2014, 01:32:28 pm
Similar story for me. I order tamales from Tucson Tamale. They ship them frozen, 2 day air in these really thick Styrofoam boxes. Ordered some a couple of summers back when we were having 100+ degree weather. They arrived still frozen. I've got 5 of these in various sizes in my garage that I choose from depending on what needs cooling. Took a large one up to Canada with me last month. Worked like a charm and didn't leak. Of course, you can't toss it around like a Coleman or Yeti but they're free.

Those are the same type of coolers we get frozen fish from WA in - they are awesome!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 11, 2013, 12:33:07 pm

If I win one I will use it.

If I win one.......I will sell it,  buy a new deer rifle... & keep using my igloo's...

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: RazorWild on November 07, 2014, 11:47:51 am
http://www.polarbearcoolers.com

Thought yall might be interested

Friend of mine told be about this backpack cooler.  Had never heard of them, so after reading stellar reviews, got one for tailgate hopping in Starkville.  It's legit.  I put bout a case of beer and over a bag of ice; as well as stuff to mix my wife's drinks.  You have to pack it a certain way but it's great!  Left it in my hot truck till Tuesday.  Had lots of slushy ice left and hadn't sweat or leaked. Great price too!

Now, this sounds like more in my price range....

vol_in_ar

Quote from: HawgWild on November 07, 2014, 01:32:28 pm

just looked at that Tuscon tamale, which ones do you order.
I may give them a try
TIA

HawgWild

I've probably ordered the "JoJo" the most. My wife doesn't eat meat and prefers the "Green Corn" and the "Madison" but really all the ones I've tried have been good. Not tried any of their dessert tamales though. Just doesn't seem right to me.  ;D

vol_in_ar

thanks, I'm going to try a few

HawgWild

You might try registering at their site and not ordering to see if they tempt you with a special deal. They've had "flat rate shipping" and "buy 6 get 1 free" offers that I've used before.

They have good customer service. One time they switched my order with someone out in Seattle. They made it right and I ended up with a free order of tamales.

vol_in_ar

thanks, I'm going to order tommorrow

PorkRinds

I just won a Yeti in a raffle contest.  It's a small one, the smallest one I think.  I'll test it out and let you know what I think.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 11, 2014, 08:56:53 am
I just won a Yeti in a raffle contest.  It's a small one, the smallest one I think.  I'll test it out and let you know what I think.

They hold Ice well the local Hardware store been using one to store canned cokes in.  They are using 2 bags of ice a week.  But I will take a free one and use it.

PorkRinds

Since it's right at freezing, it's not going to be easy to really test how long it will hold ice until the summer.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on November 08, 2014, 12:38:30 am
If I win one.......I will sell it,  buy a new deer rifle... & keep using my igloo's...

It looks like you like your deer rifles like you like your coolers....CHEAP.

bp

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: BorderPatrol on November 12, 2014, 11:11:50 am

It looks like you like your deer rifles like you like your coolers....CHEAP.

bp

Lol.....well, yes & no.  There is a difference between cheap & inexpensive. My igloo's hold ice for a day or two, & that's all I really need from an ice chest.  I see no need to spent hundreds of dollars for that. 

The rifle's that I currently own, are not expensive.  They are very accurate, reliable, have great triggers, fit me well & have smooth actions.  I have had a couple of semi-custom rifles built in the past.  They were nice... but truth is, didn't shoot or function any better than my less expensive one's, & cost quite a bit more.  Guess it's sort of like Chevy's & Cadillac's.  Both of them will get you down the road, but one of them is going to cost you a lot more to get there.   

WADHOG

Quote from: Dropkick on July 31, 2013, 02:12:42 pm
Yeti is really just a status symbol that says " hey, I can afford a $400 cooler", like wearing a RL Polo shirt used to be.
used to be?  Damn I thought I was still something in mine....lol

DeltaBoy

Quote from: WADHOG on November 15, 2014, 08:26:55 am
used to be?  Damn I thought I was still something in mine....lol

LOL