Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Pronounces Austin Allen Hogs' Top Non Starter

Started by Mike Irwin, August 30, 2015, 06:27:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Almost eight months after the fact Razorback head coach Bret Bielema finally explained why he didn't put quarterback Austin Allen on the field in the fourth quarter of the 2014 Missouri game even though starter Brandon Allen was struggling with a bruised back.

Bielema called this reporter's speculation that the younger Allen stayed on the bench because of his laid back approach to football, "an accurate statement." He also said, "You automatically have two brothers out of the same home, you think they're going to be the same and the more I'm in this world you realize how different two brothers can be."

However, as the Razorbacks approach their season opener against Texas El Paso, Bielema is quick to point out that his issues with Austin Allen have evaporated.
----------------------------
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/bielema-pronounces-austin-allen-teams-top-backup-player

Steef

nchogg

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

gmarv

thanks mike.and now you know the rest of the story...

razorbackkid

I don't get the last part...."he's named Austin for a reason".   Somebody please clue me in.

Thanks Mike (you always deliver the goods).  :razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 31, 2015, 06:28:32 pm
I don't get the last part...."he's named Austin for a reason".   Somebody please clue me in.

Thanks Mike (you always deliver the goods).  :razorback:
Bielema's saying until this season he was mostly just Brandon Allen's little brother. As he starts getting ready to try to win that job next season he has to be Austin Allen.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Thanks, Mike...  Austin seems to perform well in scrimmages but seems to never get on the field when it really means something.  Usually younger brothers always try to outdo the older brother.  Wonder why BB didn't bump another QB up to second and try and get something in that position that might be able to out perform an injured starter.

Hawgzinbowlz

Austin will have some big moments for The Hogs if he continues his improvement.

AA seems to have a little riverboat gambler in his make up...with a short memory.

It's somewhat of a relief that the Coach's have this much faith in AAA.

" GO HOGS "

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: 12247 on September 01, 2015, 03:39:18 pm
Thanks, Mike...  Austin seems to perform well in scrimmages but seems to never get on the field when it really means something.  Usually younger brothers always try to outdo the older brother.  Wonder why BB didn't bump another QB up to second and try and get something in that position that might be able to out perform an injured starter.

It seems to me that you don't pay attention.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 30, 2015, 06:27:13 pm
Almost eight months after the fact Razorback head coach Bret Bielema finally explained why he didn't put quarterback Austin Allen on the field in the fourth quarter of the 2014 Missouri game even though starter Brandon Allen was struggling with a bruised back.

Bielema called this reporter's speculation that the younger Allen stayed on the bench because of his laid back approach to football, "an accurate statement." He also said, "You automatically have two brothers out of the same home, you think they're going to be the same and the more I'm in this world you realize how different two brothers can be."

However, as the Razorbacks approach their season opener against Texas El Paso, Bielema is quick to point out that his issues with Austin Allen have evaporated.
----------------------------
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/bielema-pronounces-austin-allen-teams-top-backup-player
Is this statement for fans or for AA?    I will be from Missouri on this and want CBB show me with the amount of playing time AA gets and when AA goes into the game.

Pigs in Zen, we haven't had a #2 QB by the ordinary definition since BB has been the coach.  We certainly haven't had one that BB felt he could depend on.  So as I wondered out loud, if he could see this little brother syndrome in Austin, wonder why he didn't bump up another QB on the roster and at least give him an opportunity over these past 2 years.  We sure as hell could have used a #2 a few times.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on September 02, 2015, 08:54:29 pm
Pigs in Zen, we haven't had a #2 QB by the ordinary definition since BB has been the coach.  We certainly haven't had one that BB felt he could depend on.  So as I wondered out loud, if he could see this little brother syndrome in Austin, wonder why he didn't bump up another QB on the roster and at least give him an opportunity over these past 2 years.  We sure as hell could have used a #2 a few times.

The first #2 transferred out after May in 2013, your backup last year after Austin was a true freshman, there wasn't another QB to play. Why do you think he wanted more QB's on the roster?

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: ricepig on September 02, 2015, 09:44:18 pm
The first #2 transferred out after May in 2013, your backup last year after Austin was a true freshman, there wasn't another QB to play. Why do you think he wanted more QB's on the roster?

These are my thoughts as well...

HoGFromTheStart

Thanks Mike! Great Post.. I had heard something about this but not the whole story. :razorback: :razorback:
DSTo (not a journalist) suck it trebek!