Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love my Hogs......

Started by BuschHawg, November 25, 2011, 05:45:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BuschHawg

A defeat is always hard to swallow. Even moreso when so much is at stake. It seems we have trouble with the better teams, in bowl games and when a lot is at stake. However, this team is only a beginning. At the start of the season, very few objective fans would have thought we would be vying for a shot at the National Championship at this stage of the season.
There are reasons why we've had trouble winning the bigger games. The most notable problem this year was losing Knile Davis. Although we found a good running game as the season progressed, his absence was felt. In retrospect, our offensive and defensive lines performed pretty good for the most part considering the lack of experience, and in some cases lack of size and speed. Thank goodness we had Tyler Wilson and a stable full of capable receivers.
While we have some outstanding players that play their hearts out, we've always, year after year had to do more with less talent. Being a state with a small population, we're fortunate to have the number of quality of in-state players that we have. We've had some good success recruiting out-of-state, but still lag behind the LSU's and Alabamas when it comes to 4 and 5 star players.
However, we have a lot to be optimistic about. Bobby Petrino is building for the future. He inherited a program that Houston Nutt left in shambles. It wasn't simply a matter of re-grouping but rather re-building. Bobby Petrino has a systematic approach and knows it takes time to get the players he wants and needs to run his style of football. While many feel Willy Robinson is not a great defensive coach, he is simply keeping his defensive schemes simple to fit his current personnel.
The Hogs have given us a good season with much to be pleased about. And, it's not over. We'll go to a good bowl and have a chance to make a statement. I'm proud of this team. They are the cornerstone in what will soon become a championship program. Stay optimistic. Gone are the days of being happy to be ranked in the top 20 and get any mid-tier bowl. We got a taste of success with another 10 win season. Even with today's loss we're in an elite group. I'm excited about the Hogs in spite of a heartbreaking loss.