Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games like Alcorn St football's equivalent to world's oldest profession

Started by Piggie Smalls, September 30, 2016, 10:05:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggie Smalls

I mean honestly, what's the difference? We're paying to play, so to speak, and Alcorn St is just there for the check.  The only difference I can see is that they're coming to us instead of the other way around.And, like the world's oldest profession, games like this should be illegal. I'm not talking about legit FCS title contenders that can legitimately hang, every once in a while those games are OK, but games like this serve no purpose, and neither side really gains anything from it. We're lighter in the pocket, and for Alcorn St there are real health and safety concerns. It's just sad seeing lower level teams having to pimp themselves out like this, and if the players were smart, they would refuse to suit up. They're not gaining anything from this experience, and unlike "professionals", they're not seeing a dime of the check the U of A is cutting.  And I realize this happens all around the country, not just here, but it's a lose-lose proposition all around, and it won't stop until the FCS players take a stand and refuse to put themselves at risk like this.

But I don't think it's just the players who should take a stand. I think it's time for the city of Little Rock to stand up. I get the Hogs not wanting to play at WMS, I really do, but if that's the case, just go ahead and pull all the games now. Scheduling glorified scrimmages for Little Rock is patronizing and belittling, and the state's capitol deserves better. Hell, schedule spring or fall scrimmages for WMS, that would literally be more beneficial for everyone involved. Word is there are still 15,000 tickets available, it should be more than that. It should be half-full at best and the fans who do show up should be silent the whole game in protest. Jeff Long is playing Little Rock fans for fools as far as I'm concerned. But bottom line, let's get this over with so we can focus on what's really important, hanging that L on Alabama next week.

Hog Solo

Hopefully useful time for the razorback scrubs.  Oldest profession yes,  time to get the young guys ***** wet so to speak.

greasy_corner

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on September 30, 2016, 10:05:57 pm
It should be half-full at best and the fans who do show up should be silent the whole game in protest.

Howdy!

that's what an aggie would do, aggie.   

Howdy!