Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Parable

Started by bphi11ips, September 30, 2016, 11:15:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gawntrail

Quote from: Hog Solo on September 30, 2016, 09:57:17 pm
And we may need it again.  We are one walmart implosion away in these amazon times from being back to medevial times in nwa.  Wish this state could diversify.

Diversify how? 

ricepig

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogz11 on October 01, 2016, 02:48:31 am
What is the moral of the story? That the cord isn't being cut the right way? How exactly would you do it?

Is it really that hard to figure out?  You're getting warmer, and you knew this all along, but your connotation still reflects the real issue.  Which cord do you want to cut, the cord to games in Little Rock, or the cord to fanatical statewide support?  Try this:

The call came a few days after Christmas.  It was Doug.  "Hey Dad, it's Doug.  Marsha and I have been talking.  We enjoyed Christmas and seeing everyone.  We hope you and Mom like the big screen. You'll love the bowl games.  We were thinking that next year we'd like to do Christmas for everyone at our house.  We've been here a few years and the kids are getting older.  We want them to experience Christmas at home the way we did when I was a kid.  As much as we love your house, ours has so much room for the kids to run around.  Plus, you and Mom go to so much trouble every year.  Marsha said she wants to learn to make Mom's cheese grits, and Jill's always been a great cook.  I want to learn how to make the rib roast, too.  We'll get an awesome tree, and we can all watch 'It's a Wonderful Life' after dinner in the theater."

The next morning, the man spoke with his wife.  "Honey, Doug called me yesterday.  He and Marsha want to have Christmas for everyone next year at their house.  Ours is getting a bit cramped with all the grandkids, and they have so much room and more things for them to do. And you know even our kids hate Christmas Pudding.  They want us to teach them how to make some of the old family recipes.  We've had so many great Christmases here, but I think it's time to pass the torch.  What do you think?"

The woman thought about it for a minute.  "Tom, what the hell took you so long?"

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

flagstaffhog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on September 30, 2016, 08:27:19 pm
I like the original poster and usually like his posts. My dad's nephew owned the rights to all concession sells for anything that wasn't food. His vendors sold hats, pins, shirts, ponchos, noise makers, pom poms, hog hats, all over the grounds and in the stadiums at LR and Fayetteville all through the 60's 70's and 80's. His office at War Memorial was 20 feet across the tunnel from  the dressing room. He played for Wilson Matthews and was a very close friend for life. In the late 60's when I was 9, 10 11, I got to have meet and greets with Frank Broyles, Bill Montgomery, Chuck Discus, Bill Burnett, Bruce Maxwell (my hometown boy) Cliff Powell, Ronnie Caveness, Joe Ferguson, Mike Reppond and on and on and on. I can still smell the diesel from the busses that brought in all the people from the country clubs in southeast Arkansas when the parking lots were full of busses. We use to park behind the med center and listen to Brooks Robinson and the Orioles playing Pittsburg in the World Series while we ate fried chicken and all the trimmings, while I was waiting to go to my, as I called him Uncle Joe's office and him taking me to see players. I'm 57 now, my pops is gone, my Uncle Joe is gone and pretty much that War Memorial is gone. I've been gone from Pine Bluff for 30 years, spent another 6 in LR after that and have been in the Kansas City suburbs since the early 90's. No one can ever take that War Memorial away from me, just like no one can ever take my beautiful Pine Bluff neighborhood away from me, where I lived a life every kid dreams of..........but neither are the same anymore. We move on to bigger and better things. If the donors of Little Rock and Southeast Arkansas don't follow, it will be the second fatal mistake they have made. This is a progressive world, you don't sit and live off of history, you keep building it bigger and better if you want people's expendable income, entertainment dollar. I will never forget War Memorial but I have no desires to go back, we have a show place to play in now.

Well said, Sir.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

IntegrityHog

So who are the other two children supposed to represent?  ASU and UCA?

SamBuckhart

October 02, 2016, 06:38:25 am #55 Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:52:25 am by SamBuckhart
Quote from: sowmonella on September 30, 2016, 04:19:34 pm
New avatar idea for you.
How would you like to shave around that adams apple? WMS was doomed when the Black Angus moved. Nothing can change the shape of things to come.-Wild in The Streets(1968)
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!